The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please remove leaver's penalty pre-game

Lovelocke
Lovelocke
✭✭✭
BGs at the moment is awful for pre-50 characters. Join a BG, teams are uneven (4 on one, 3 on one, 2 on one... why not 3 on each?).

I've been sitting in the BG for 10 minutes and it still hasn't started. But here's the kicker: if I leave I get a 20 minute penalty.

Please, remove this penalty if you leave the BG before the match has started. It really isn't our fault if your matchmaker isn't working properly and starting a game before it has enough players.

I'm absolutely fine with longer queues; I can carry on questing/farming while I wait. Instead right now I get ported straight into a BG and wait around for 10 minutes doing nothing.
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe no penalty after joining a match but 3 mins have passed before it starts?
    No penalty before match starts is too easy to abuse if you don’t like the teams.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allowing players to leave as soon as they think the matchmaker isn't going to fill a BG is the best way to prevent the matchmaker from ever filling a BG.

Also plenty of games have been won with a 3v4v4 start or lost with a 4v3v3 start.

Other than that, i agree matchmaking still needs to be worked on.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club