The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I am unable to join the battle

adirondack
adirondack
✭✭✭✭✭
Every time I get near a keep that is under attack and being defended, I get disconnected. I have checked my internet connection, and by golly Google Fiber is pretty darn good. I know others have noted and complained about this same disconnect problem. I'm just sick of it. It seems that the only way I can play is to either PVDoor or go play PVE.

ZOS - please acknowledge this is a problem you are actively looking into. I hope you are doing something about it. Since we're heard nothing, no comments, from ZOS, I'm concerned.

Hope is not a strategy.

Ray
Ray
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sadly, every major update the same stuff happens...seems it's been this way for a couple of years...

any other games you might be interested in playing?
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    sadly, every major update the same stuff happens...seems it's been this way for a couple of years...

any other games you might be interested in playing?

Been this way since early 2014, I would suggest the joy of opening up every port necessary for the game though, you will still get the d/c but it will be rare.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    Been this way since early 2014, I would suggest the joy of opening up every port necessary for the game though, you will still get the d/c but it will be rare.

No, its not been this way since launch. I was beta. It has been steadily becoming worse over time. Early on this game rocked with epic battles and performance was fantastic.

Now I'm seeing a new 'feature' where when I approach a large battle I immediately get disconnected. Emphasis on new. Your suggestion on port forwarding and other measures is excellent, however I've already done so. Thank you just the same.

Ray
    Ray
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One partial workaround is to lower your view distance (37 is decent), then as you approach the keep dismount and walk, watch your ping, as soon as it starts to rise (lets say its normally 200 and goes to 300) stop moving, wait for it to settle back down then walk forward a bit more.

Essentially you want to load the players in the area a portion at a time, your ping is a guide for whether or not the loading is occurring.

Finally if you do crash set your view distance all the way to 0 before logging in with that character it will have more of a chance of logging in.

If you fail to log in keep trying with the 0 view distance, after the 4th attempt it will kick you back to the home base and you should be good to log in and still be in cyro. (provided you didn't alt-f4 and used task manager instead).
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izy that sounds like a logical workaround. I'll have opportunity to try it this evening. Thank you in advance. I am already sitting at 37 view distance, but I like the 'slow and steady' approach. I've been riding into the keep/battle.

Even if it doesn't solve the problem, the fact that this has worked for you in the past should give ZOS a place to look as they attempt to resolve the problem. (was that sarcasm?)
    Edited by adirondack on November 11, 2018 5:29PM
    Ray
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I /might/ have an opportunity to test this evening... I seem to now enjoy multiple Error 307's. Guess ZOS really doesn't want me to play anymore.

(sighs)
    Ray
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One partial workaround is to lower your view distance (37 is decent), then as you approach the keep dismount and walk, watch your ping, as soon as it starts to rise (lets say its normally 200 and goes to 300) stop moving, wait for it to settle back down then walk forward a bit more.

Essentially you want to load the players in the area a portion at a time, your ping is a guide for whether or not the loading is occurring.

Finally if you do crash set your view distance all the way to 0 before logging in with that character it will have more of a chance of logging in.

If you fail to log in keep trying with the 0 view distance, after the 4th attempt it will kick you back to the home base and you should be good to log in and still be in cyro. (provided you didn't alt-f4 and used task manager instead).

You put your right hand in,
    You put your right hand out,
    You put your right hand in,
    And you shake it all about,

You do the hokey pokey
    and you turn yourself around
    That what it's all about.
    Edited by geonsocal on November 12, 2018 3:52AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

No, its not been this way since launch. I was beta. It has been steadily becoming worse over time. Early on this game rocked with epic battles and performance was fantastic.

Now I'm seeing a new 'feature' where when I approach a large battle I immediately get disconnected. Emphasis on new. Your suggestion on port forwarding and other measures is excellent, however I've already done so. Thank you just the same.

Ray

I was beta too and it has been this way since launch for many, myself included here and there too.

It is not a new feature, maybe a new feature for you however, sorry that the suggestions did not help, hope it works out for you all the same.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol you guys still think its going to get better, move on to a new game and stop buying in the crown store and renewing your subscription already:)
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.