The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ice wraith pet

Unit117
Unit117
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we bring back the ice wraith pet? It’s such a cool pet that us console players never got a chance to get. It’s the perfect pet of us ice mages. Please give us a chance to get it, and make them popular again. I’m sure a lot of people would love to see them. :(
Edited by Unit117 on November 11, 2018 10:44AM
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    It is unlikely for them to bring back the ice wraith for the simple reason that it was a specifically introduced pet for people who had subscribed for a specific amount of time before they went buy to play. That, like the dwarven sphere, and the tiger, are things that they basically guaranteed only go to those of us who had been subscribers from the beginning. I know it seems unfair, since you started the game after it had gone buy to play, but those are things that they guaranteed to us who had been subscribers. (and yes, I have all of those, having played since beta).

@Alassirana
  • Wrathmane
    Wrathmane
    ✭✭✭
    *Agreed*

They also said that they wouldn't ever make them available again when they were released.
    Sha'ria Wrathmane - Belora Wrathmane - Leora Wrathmane
    Former Head of Recruitment for Vokundein
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm on console, and I have all the loyalty rewards because I decided to start playing the game on PC and then switch to console when it was available. There are others like me, as I see the occasional ice wraith, dwarven sphere, or tiger on XB.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unit117 wrote: »
    It’s the perfect pet of us ice mages.
    Yeah, but... so might be a will'o'wisp, and that one would actually be a possibility since as has been said:
    It is unlikely for them to bring back the ice wraith for the simple reason that it was a specifically introduced pet for people who had subscribed for a specific amount of time before they went buy to play...

That being said, I as one of those who got it for being subbed ever since launch really would not mind it (or any of the other loyalty rewards) becoming available to those who came after us as well. Maybe at an inflated price, maybe as a special "limited offer", maybe as a new reward you only get if you stay "ESO+" for half a year, but I always dislike it if games keep old stuff from new players. At least give them a -chance-, right?
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't add it.
    I wasn't able to get it, but I believe they should never add things back, it upsets me when I decide to buy something, then it gets put back into the store/crates. If you miss out on something then too bad. There will be other stuff soon.

Side note: please please please never add the "wrath of crows" poly back. I like being one of the few with it. Lol
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a reskin sure, not the same exact one
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is unlikely for them to bring back the ice wraith for the simple reason that it was a specifically introduced pet for people who had subscribed for a specific amount of time before they went buy to play. That, like the dwarven sphere, and the tiger, are things that they basically guaranteed only go to those of us who had been subscribers from the beginning. I know it seems unfair, since you started the game after it had gone buy to play, but those are things that they guaranteed to us who had been subscribers. (and yes, I have all of those, having played since beta).

@Alassirana

This. It should never be released again. Heck, in collections it even states it was a loyalty reward for a specific time.

While Zos is good at reskinning stuff, I do not see how they could rekin that pet.

Reality is they should be and likely will remain, unique. The Stripped Senche is great. It was the original and while many re-skins have occurred, no one can get the stripped one if they do not already have it. People can only get knockoffs.

Loyalty rewards should never be repeated. Certainly not a cash shop item either.
    Edited by idk on November 16, 2018 5:48AM