Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I really wanna play a stam class

Appollyon
Appollyon
I just don't know which one :/

I've been testing the stamina warden and din't like the animal/nature themed skills , do you have to use the bear ult and /cutting dive ?

DK looks fun but I dont really know , people say it's cluncky and that's not wanted in pve , I don't know aout pvp though

in every single thread I found , the sorcerer seems to be the most appreciated ,the problem is that it doesn't use alot class skills , not even ults are used , I'd like to know why everyone likes it .

I don't like to spam jabs , so no templar

Nightblade is too squishy for me , it's not an option .

this one needs help ,please tell him about each class .

• Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only really give a view from a PVE side of things as don’t pvp on stam much, my personal favourite is Stamplar but if that’s not your play style fair enough. It really depends on what your aims are, is this for end game high scoring trials or to enjoy and clear content as you go?

Sorc is a really good option for starting as has really good self healing, higher resistances than most and ok sustain. Your spot on it doesn’t use a lot of class skills though and that’s not ideal. Most stam use DB and Ballista as ultimate anyways and the core of your damage comes from weapon abilities now too so class identity has been lost to an extent now. The atro can work on a stam sorc though and pulls comparable to ballista I believe but been a while since I’ve ran sorc.

DK I wouldn’t say is clunky and has the easier rotation for me and using claw as your spammable has amazing sustain and does good damage.

Warden does really good damage but has one of the trickier PVE rotations for me as you need to prioritise subterranean every 4 seconds so more bar swapping etc. Theself heals are immense though and damage is really strong too so if you can make it work it would be a great choice.

TL:DR play what you fell comfortable with and get the most out of :smile:
  • Appollyon
    Appollyon
    first of all ,thank you .

what I want is to be able to be able to play all the content (alone or with a party) whether it's pvp or pve .

so I've narrowed it down to the dragonknight or sorcerer , I'll play both for a moment and pick one , but your opinions are always welcome ^^

• Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc for me is probably the best out of those two as it has really good self healing and resistances as part of its damage set up but the main thing is enjoying the play style so trying both and seeing what you like best is always the best way to go.

• Appollyon
    Appollyon
    which is better for pvp atm ?
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam dk and stam sorc are quite strong. Templar got nerfed a bit due to jabs losing a quarter of its damage to med armor users and nbs same with wardens to an extent.
  • Appollyon
    Appollyon
    also, I have a weird question , is it fine to use 1h/shield as a sorcerer (only for pvp ) ?
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you also plan on running the vMSA, pick a stamsorc. They have higher mobility, higher aoe dmg and a constant healing source (critical surge).
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer is appreciated because it's the easiest. You have access to two class heals - Critical Surge and Dark Deal which means you can beat a lot of content, including vMA without even going to PvP to unlock Vigor. For PvP Sorcerer is nice especially if you make a DoT heavy build, because bleeds are physical damage, and all physical damage is buffed by a class passive (Energized); there's also a passive execute (Implosion). Stamina Warden comes close for pretty much the same reasons - having good heals and sustain, and also having access to all major buffs and debuffs - Sorcerer lacks Major Savagery & Fracture, which the Warden has. In PvP Subterranean Assault, when lined up with other skill, has strong burst potential. The other 3 classes are harder to play as beginner, since they don't have such a good starter set of skills. But if you enjoy the challenge you can certainly pick Templar, DK or Nightblade.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamDK or StamSorc, i am mainly a stamina player and those two are in my book the most fun ones. There is nothing wrong with a StamDK for PVE, damage is decent and i never had anyone complain about me in a dungeon or in my progress group.

StamSorc is probably more easy for newer players because of the self heal and awesome aoe damage, trash just dies without even hitting them :wink: You can solo world bosses without problems while on the stamDK i struggle quite a bit when it comes to solo some world bosses.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Appollyon
    Appollyon
    well , stam sorcerer seems awesome , i'll try it first ;)

thank you .