Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

DK Shattering Rocks Help (PC , N/A) (Petrify Morph)

chaz
chaz
✭✭✭✭
Hello, and good day.

I need assistance with this. I am having a very hard time casting this ability especially worse in PvP.

I use an exbawx controller (360 or XB1) and this:

02ud5vke3jyx.jpg

I have to either 70 % of the time even though the enemy is right in front of me, have to point the cross hairs way down to the ground by their feet or well above the enemies head.

Is there an option to turn something on or off where I can just cast this ability while looking straight at an enemy? usually the cross hair is mid body I guess.

However a small amount of times the active ability will simply light up in order for me to cast it, and a majority of times it won't unless I look way down or up and that could cost health if not a life in the heat of battle. So I thought to reach out to some dedicated DK players that might have a trick, especially if using a controller can tell me if you have or had the same issue or if it's just me and I need to contact support.

Thanks guys / gals.
Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chaz wrote: »
    Hello, and good day.

I need assistance with this. I am having a very hard time casting this ability especially worse in PvP.

I use an exbawx controller (360 or XB1) and this:

02ud5vke3jyx.jpg

I have to either 70 % of the time even though the enemy is right in front of me, have to point the cross hairs way down to the ground by their feet or well above the enemies head.

Is there an option to turn something on or off where I can just cast this ability while looking straight at an enemy? usually the cross hair is mid body I guess.

However a small amount of times the active ability will simply light up in order for me to cast it, and a majority of times it won't unless I look way down or up and that could cost health if not a life in the heat of battle. So I thought to reach out to some dedicated DK players that might have a trick, especially if using a controller can tell me if you have or had the same issue or if it's just me and I need to contact support.

Thanks guys / gals.

Well I am not sure, if this is the case...but anyway:

Fossilize and and shattering rocks can only be casted on enemies, which are not crowd-control-immune. If the symbol on the skill bar is dark, then that means the enemy you are facing either is too far away or has cc-immunity.
    Both could explain, why you can not use this skill in lots of situations. First of, the range of this skill is rather short. So make sure to stay near your enemy when casting. Also make sure, that your enemy does not have some kind of white circle around his feets, because that would mean, that he is cc-immune. As long as he has that cc-immunity, you can not cast shattering rocks, so just wait and cast other abilities till either your skill icon shows its ready again or the enemy loses its immunity (white circle).

• chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, I also notice it won't cast for me if I use another ability like chains to pull them to me like there is a wait time. A lot of times you can't really tell if anyone has any kind of cc immunity with all the magic going off and people glowing bright white and or green or both. But I don't think I've ever had the chance to chain pull someone to me then smack them down with shattering rocks so I can use venomous claw and flame whip. I'll keep trying but feel somehting is wrong or I'm not understanding the mechanics of the skill when casting or it's mechanics casting after using another skill.

I have seen enemies use it and it encased two people at a single time and probably due to those people where standing in single line, which surprised me.

Thank you for the tip.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chain pull (npc pulled to you) counts as a CC, so you won't be able to use petrify for a while afterwards.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Chain pull (npc pulled to you) counts as a CC, so you won't be able to use petrify for a while afterwards.

Alright, that makes a lot of sense then. Thank you.