The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DCs/lag spikes make this unplayable

Tinolyn
Tinolyn
✭✭✭
Why is the game so crappy? I can't even play. DCs constantly; 999+ lagspikes drop me. This started with the overpopulation from the Halloween event and now Murkmire has made it impossible.

PC/NA.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Have you gotten any error messages when getting disconnected?

What troubleshooting have you tried so far when these disconnections occur?

There are a few basic troubleshooting steps here we recommend trying first.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Tinolyn
    Tinolyn
    ✭✭✭
    No error messages/no boot codes. I sit in game for about a minute then it kicks me to login screen. Then immediately after that trying to log in, it says the system has no connection. The second try works.

The system DOES have a connection -- else how did I get on the first time? I have 100 down internet; everything else runs fine.

Addons are disabled. The game does load up faster with them disabled, but otherwise does not make much difference.

Firmware has been updated.

Router has been configured to those ports for YEARS now.

The eso.exe is configured to run top priority, administrator level permissions.

Repair fixes nothing; same problem.

Problem is worse at night, when ESO is in high-traffic mode.

Again, nothing has changed since I first started playing this game years ago. Hardware is updated a bit (replaced the router once, I think). Internet connection is fine and fast. ESO is the only problem, and it is getting worse instead of better.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Tinolyn

Please go ahead and open a support ticket regarding these disconnections. Including your game consultant will be helpful for troubleshooting.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Tinolyn
    Tinolyn
    ✭✭✭
    Submitted. Ticket #181111-005589

I don't have much hope it'll do any good. But we'll see.
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tinolyn wrote: »

While ZOS pushes you through the merry-go-round to nowhere, join us in our Akamai thread for clues as to what ails your connection.

Stay safe.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Tinolyn
    Tinolyn
    ✭✭✭
    So nothing since Nov. 11.

Nice.
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening to me ever since Murkmire.
    I got a new laptop about 2 months before that patch & I was very happy because I no longer had a lot of issues I had previously. One of the biggest was PVP. My ping & FPS where A LOT better, I wasn't freezing up/getting 1FPS slideshow or hitting loading screens in big battles.
    It was great!
    Then Murmire came out & These disconnects started happening. Don't even get an error message. All players freeze except for me, I can still walk around, then 1 minute later, kicked to loading screen.
    Makes me sad as I mainly PVP.
  • Tinolyn
    Tinolyn
    ✭✭✭
    I've noticed zoning within a zone is getting slightly better; but logging in can be a crapshoot.

Two areas where characters get the endless load screen tend to be Summerset and Shadowfen, of all things. Sometimes I just close ESO from the "requesting character load" screen, and it takes two tries (shutting down the game and relogging in) before that specific character will load in.

ESO periodically has had these zoning/logging in issues periodically over the years, but generally they tend to get better over time. However, this time around, logging in has become worse rather than better, even if zoning has gotten better since the Murkmire patch first landed.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrGarlic wrote: »
    Tinolyn wrote: »

While ZOS pushes you through the merry-go-round to nowhere, join us in our Akamai thread for clues as to what ails your connection.

Stay safe.

Exactly, it's Akamai that's the issue. Zenimax is yet to admit it nor even acknowledge our threads and posts.

Welcome to the club buddy.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Tinolyn
    Tinolyn
    ✭✭✭
    Still waiting. No response.