Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

Years of nerfs

• Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingMagaw wrote: »
    ZOS will continue to make wide sweeping changes because of 2 main reasons i see:

They are trying to balance PvE and PvP at the same time, cannot work.

They have run out of content. Why create new content, when you can drastically change the current and have sheep farm, farm and farm just to keep up with incompetent changes.

it's hard being a sheep in this game.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095be21df84e43534173e03961
    Options
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    KingMagaw wrote: »
    ZOS will continue to make wide sweeping changes because of 2 main reasons i see:

They are trying to balance PvE and PvP at the same time, cannot work.

They have run out of content. Why create new content, when you can drastically change the current and have sheep farm, farm and farm just to keep up with incompetent changes.

it's hard being a sheep in this game.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095be21df84e43534173e03961

Looks exactly like our recent game 'balance' lol
    Edited by Darkenarlol on November 7, 2018 1:29AM
    Options
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    taleth wrote: »
    All the nerf bat swings have really taken a toll on me. I used to love this game and it still has potential but it seems every time I make a build gear it out and start enjoying it; then bam a update comes and kills the gear sets and all the time and coin put into it. I am left back to drawing bord as a new carrot on a stick is introduced only to be nerfed in future. Games in past have done this to me and it makes it easy to jump ship when time comes but only to have them do same crap at some point. Is this just the life of mmos? Will there ever be a developer that makes surgical tweeks for balance insteat of a bludgeoning nerf bat?

I feel ur pain, i don't even run meta stuff and every change i manage to hold down - that setup then gets it in the knee next patch annoying.com

Seriously, I also run a non-meta build and it has endured through so many of the changes, the nerfs, even getting buffed at some times with everything going to crap. I don't like following meta due to time investment vs risk of loss for that specific set and use. It isn't fun for me when I invest tons of gold and time into getting a build set up and get to use for two weeks or two days... then nerfed to oblivion by 40-60%. I'm looking at you, Swift. So grateful I didn't invest personally into you while it lasted.

On the bright side, unless your non-meta is totally out there, you've still got the potential to pull 95%+ of the meta. And you're probably enjoying playing the game, instead of sweating on x weapon/gear piece.
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vovus69 wrote: »
    I am not counting chinese *** like BDO or archeage - their graphics is closer to cartoon-ish).

I have never played those, but aren't those both Korean? You know Korean's aren't Chinese, right?

Options
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goodness.. this game has been nerfed following every single patch/DLC/chapters, you name it, since it was first released in PC and consoles following. It isn't going to stop while PvP and PvE are connected within this same game. Every single damn nerfing are the effects of PvP and PvPers. After three years of this shitt, I believe I finally had enough and actually been searching PS4 games on Amazon all evening for something that's not going to make me want to pull my hairs out or toss this damn game out the ffing window every time a new patch/DLC is released.
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    carlos424 wrote: »
    Asardes wrote: »
    I don't despair at the changes in the game. The people who cry the most are the ones who run setups, particularly certain sets, which are obviously unbalanced at release, then throw a tantrum when they're brought back in line with the others. My solution is simple: I don't run those kind of sets. For example I never bothered crafting Sload's. Instead I run sets that give constantly high stats, which are useful for the type of content. For example if you combo 2 out of 3: Burning Spellweave, Law of Julianos, Mother's Sorrow (and even Infallible Mage if you're running solo or in less optimized groups) with a monster set of your choice on a PvE magicka DD you're probably within 2-3% of the maximum DPS output you could be doing as long as you're doing the rotation and the mechanics properly. Similarly in PvP, if you run a sustain set, a mitigation and/or damage one and a monster set you're quite effective if you know what you're doing. Slap something like 5 Bone Pirate 5 Veiled Heritance 2 Bloodspawn on a stamina char and you'll be set to go. When it comes to class skills, or broader changes, people will learn and adapt. If they fail to adapt it means they're too attached to a certain play style - often a skill-less one like pet sorc in PvE or brainless rune prison sorc in PvP - and they are unable to think of and learn something more effective. Good players will always find a way. bad ones who just copy what they hear it's META and don't put effort into understanding how builds work, won't.

I don’t think the majority of complainers care a thing about changing old sets. Heck, half the fun left in this game is trying out new sets and combinations. I think that most of the complaints stem from such heavy-handed changes all at once, forcing people to change entire play styles, or be left behind. And even that wouldn’t be so bad if everyone had to adapt in this manner. However, it seems that, especially with the latest changes, most magicka builds are being forced to make changes that will put them even further behind stam builds, and they weren’t meta to begin with.

Magicka builds are not really "behind" stamina. In PvE you need at least equal number of ranged & melee players to complete most trials, and some of them are easier to do with ranged only setup. Melee players do take a lot more damage since they have to stack on the boss, while ranged ones have more time to sidestep mechanics directed at them. You shouldn't be able to get a free pass simply doing nothing and shielding trough the mechanics. Even in 4 man content or vMA on most magicka classes you could just spam shield, heavy staff attack and one ground based AoE and still finish easily. This is clearly not how it was meant to be. I agree that maybe the extent of the change was a bit too harsh, with shields capped at 40% HP which is just under 7K assuming full undaunted 5/1/1 setup and no HP racial bonus; counting the increased resilience due to the resistance being considered on the shield, would be around ~8.5K of a pre-patch one. But it's a step in the right direction. Besides the shield change, there haven't really been any other hard nerfs this patch. As for PvP, unless you stacked shields equal or higher to your HP, the shield change was actually a buff due to the increased resilience, as explained before, since shields were already halved by battle spirit.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |