The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

50gb update.... wtf

OneKhajiitCrimeWave
OneKhajiitCrimeWave
✭✭✭✭✭
Dear ZeniMax Online Studios,

SERIOUSLY WTF???

Kind regards,

The XB1 (and probably the PS4) Community.
Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • ForMalacath
    ForMalacath
    ✭✭✭
    I wont be playing before work tonight then :|
    In Malacath we trust

XB1 EU
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this should be highly amusing to load down, ill cya in 3 weeks when im finished lol
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently 4% in to a 50.15gb update.

This is going to be annoying.... i just don't understand how every update is so stupidly big. And every update is just getting worse.

Every update the console community raises this issue on the forums and EVERY update it seems like it's ignored.

Look ZOS, I love ESO but i actually would like to be able to play other games without having to delete them every 3 months because your oversized updates will not start without having the full space free, even though some of this is overwriting the data i already have.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m ready for the 100 game breaking bugs this 50GB update has in store for us
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭

This is going to be annoying.... i just don't understand how every update is so stupidly big. And every update is just getting worse.

Every update the console community raises this issue on the forums and EVERY update it seems like it's ignored.

Look ZOS, I love ESO but i actually would like to be able to play other games without having to delete them every 3 months because your oversized updates will not start without having the full space free, even though some of this is overwriting the data i already have.

TBF, it's not being ignored. They already answered that Microsoft and Sony didn't allow them to make incremental patches, so they have to send the whole version every damn time. It's frustrating, but there's not much ZOS can do.

Edit : Oh! When will we get our Natch Potes? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Swomp23 on November 6, 2018 2:24PM
    XBox One - NA
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds to me like you set off a repair. A lot of times in the PC environment it will tell you to repair when you really don't need to. Most of the time you just close the program and start it again. However, if you are in the middle of a repair, you better let it finish. No going back once it starts.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OneKhajiitCrimeWave , I'd HIGHLY recommend a SSD external drive. I got a Samsung 500 GB for $150 off Amazon, and it dramatically cuts load times.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    25,5 Gb for ps4
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• PawadoTheFearless
    31.360 GB on PS4
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    Sounds to me like you set off a repair. A lot of times in the PC environment it will tell you to repair when you really don't need to. Most of the time you just close the program and start it again. However, if you are in the middle of a repair, you better let it finish. No going back once it starts.

Consoles don't have the repair option. It's literally update only. If the game corrupts when updating then you just have to reinstall.

My PC version was done in no time at all on update day.... my xb1 i'll be lucky if that finishes within 7 hours.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Consoles don't have the repair option. It's literally update only. If the game corrupts when updating then you just have to reinstall.

My PC version was done in no time at all on update day.... my xb1 i'll be lucky if that finishes within 7 hours.

Wow! I had no idea the console players were tortured in this way!
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently downloading 25.5 gb PS4
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OneKhajiitCrimeWave , I'd HIGHLY recommend a SSD external drive. I got a Samsung 500 GB for $150 off Amazon, and it dramatically cuts load times.

I would get one but my 3 usb slots i could plug an external in are taken up by a usb i record footage on/to (ease of transfer), my usb keyboard (a necessity) and my play and charge cable.

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd HIGHLY recommend a SSD external drive. I got a Samsung 500 GB for $150 off Amazon, and it dramatically cuts load times.

^^^^

I have a 1TB PS4 Pro and it's only around 370gigs used, 800gigs free. Worth it IMO.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 25 Gs on ps4na.

That's a big difference
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! I had no idea the console players were tortured in this way!

I can't even jump on PC/PTS or i'll seriously slow down my xb update.

This is just pure annoyance and insanity.
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , would you be able to shed light on why the console patches are such different sizes this update? and if in future there's any hope that our patches may see a size reduction?

Know it's a busy day of natch potes and mania but any insight would be appreciated.
  • woodap
    woodap
    ✭✭✭
    Why is PS4 US 25GB, when PS4 EU is 31GB?

Is there a difference in Xbox like this?
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some 25G,some 31G...
    I got different messages from my friends, this company is awesome ;)
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    is this the new dlc update for xbox and ps4?
  • CrisXD
    CrisXD
    ✭✭✭
    POps75p wrote: »

It is indeed.
    PS4 EU
    Tamriel Dance Masters:
    AD - Altmer MagSorc, Altmer Magplar, Redguard StamBlade(PVP)
    EP - Nord Tank, Altmer MagSorc(PVP), Dunmer MagBlade(PVP)
    DC - Redguard StamWarden, Breton MagDK

GM - The Taverneers PS4 EU

Feeling Fresh Traders PS4 EU
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just 24 here Try to relax
    Edited by Pops_ND_Irish on November 6, 2018 3:31PM
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    POps75p wrote: »

Just XB1. The PS4 update is smaller apparently, between 25gb and 31gb depending on what colour the sky is/sun position in your area.
  • shauny.gibbsb16_ESO
    Eu PS4 25.5gb downloading fairly quickly though tbh.
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At 27% now myself. 1 hour and 35 minutes in to the download. So looking at around a 6 hour download time for it all.
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that the update is 50GB from what the game gives you is good. You get all new assets. Not just reused assets from other worlds. That's what everyone wants. The problem is that they don't have an option to only download assets for zones you visit. Which I think is a must on consoles when your game gets that big.
  • Lorel
    Lorel
    31.360GB 7 hour download on PS4 WTF!!

The new DLC isn't that big why such a huge download!??
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    24.279 gb seems to be my final file size. Annnnd it's done
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Swomp23 wrote: »

TBF, it's not being ignored. They already answered that Microsoft and Sony didn't allow them to make incremental patches, so they have to send the whole version every damn time. It's frustrating, but there's not much ZOS can do.

Edit : Oh! When will we get our Natch Potes? @ZOS_GinaBruno

Nearly every other game manages it. In fact, no man's sky seems to have a patch every other damn day.

• Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorel wrote: »
    31.360GB 7 hour download on PS4 WTF!!

The new DLC isn't that big why such a huge download!??

7 hours !!! Might need to look at your internet. My 24gb finished in 30 minutes