The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Guild vs guild pvp.

Shadowasrial
Shadowasrial
✭✭✭✭✭
For almost 5 years we have has the same pvp experience. In those 5 years we got a couple of changes which were welcome and pretty cool. Then we got battlegrounds. A decent step in the right direction for small scale pvp.

So how cool would it be to have a 7 day instanced pvp zone in the imperial city. Your guild ques for the guild vs guild and is paird with another guild to compete against. With the white gold tower being the main objective to capture for the most alliance score value. All 6 flags would also be worth alliance score but of a significant lower amount. To capture the white gold tower you must siege to break 3 layers of defenses. Claiming and defending this tower would give roughly eaual score of the outer district flags making it the primary goal of the campaign. If you manage to capture the keep and the flags you will gain a score advantage. Which ever guild has the highest score at the end of 7 days are the victor. Your guild would gain ap very much the same way as normal. Killing players capping flags and defending flags.

Let me know your thoughts.
  • callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭
    I think it’s a really cool idea and I really want there to be an arena format for guilds to fight other guilds! I don’t think it’d be feasible or fun for there to be an ongoing campaign between just one other guild for 7 days. I think it’d be a lot better if they were one hour matches.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean... when Cryodil is at its best its guild vs guild rather than zerg vs zerg.

It could be done with outside the game organisation but its also dangerous that it could be seen as AP farming.
    Edited by Narvuntien on November 4, 2018 4:01PM
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    callen4492 wrote: »
    I think it’s a really cool idea and I really want there to be an arena format for guilds to fight other guilds! I don’t think it’d be feasible or fun for there to be an ongoing campaign between just one other guild for 7 days. I think it’d be a lot better if they were one hour matches.

While I do agree that shorter times would be good I just wonder if there would be enough match making if they were only an hour long. With a week long defense it gives guilds chances to change tactics and bring more people in
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest it is not good for the game. It takes away from BGs which already take away from Cyrodiil.

So while it may be a fun idea, it is likely not good for the game.
  • callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil can die and rot in oblivion for all I care... it’s old, doesn’t work well and you rarely find fun fights
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d settle for a cyrodil server where you can kill anyone who isn’t wearing the same tabbard as you.

Guilds can claim keeps. You can choose to spawn at your guild’s keep or any of the frontier towns, regular gate spawn points, IC entrances, or the three midway keeps (bleakers, sejanus, Nikel).

The conditions for emp would be changed. There would be a designated keep, which would be chosen randomly. Whichever guild had that keep, their person with the most AP would be the emp. BUT if that person died, the person who got the killing blow on them would be the new emp. If an emp logged off, a new keep would be chosen at random.

I think it’s be a ton of fun, and would be just as fun in low population environments as in high population environments because anyone could fight anyone else (other than guildies)

Would have to make it so that you can’t change your tabbard in cyrodil. It would be fun to spy and stuff, but it would be too easy to abuse the emp mechanics if you could change tabbard.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've said the game shoukd do two things to help PvP ..

1 ... Make a 4 hour change campaign ...

Challenge 2 other guilds to a match ... You then have 4 hours to rack up points ...

Highest points win ... Ending the game with emp adds a significant bonus so the last place position could still win by having emp as the time ends

2 ... Guild BG ...12 players 3 groups from the same guild can queue for BGs guild match and will be placed in the same game against each other ...

Each player can submit a cash amount or an item into the pot and winning team gets the spoils randomly divided between them ... They can be traded freely as only BoP items can be put up so no putting up master's weapons etc

Both game modes do not contribute to achievements or trophies
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    I’d settle for a cyrodil server where you can kill anyone who isn’t wearing the same tabbard as you.

Guilds can claim keeps. You can choose to spawn at your guild’s keep or any of the frontier towns, regular gate spawn points, IC entrances, or the three midway keeps (bleakers, sejanus, Nikel).

The conditions for emp would be changed. There would be a designated keep, which would be chosen randomly. Whichever guild had that keep, their person with the most AP would be the emp. BUT if that person died, the person who got the killing blow on them would be the new emp. If an emp logged off, a new keep would be chosen at random.

I think it’s be a ton of fun, and would be just as fun in low population environments as in high population environments because anyone could fight anyone else (other than guildies)

Would have to make it so that you can’t change your tabbard in cyrodil. It would be fun to spy and stuff, but it would be too easy to abuse the emp mechanics if you could change tabbard.

We need this so much ... maybe with some safeguards to prevent a guild with with 500 active PvP players to dominate the map uncontested ? This game mode would really bring a fresh experience to TESO PvP, while only needing a realistically achievable amount of work from the dev team :)
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »

We need this so much ... maybe with some safeguards to prevent a guild with with 500 active PvP players to dominate the map uncontested ? This game mode would really bring a fresh experience to TESO PvP, while only needing a realistically achievable amount of work from the dev team :)

As much as I like the idea, I really do not think they will spare any resources for something like that and if they would do it, it will be some minimal working product with major lacking features.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23