no counterplay
REPEATBleeds
Incap/dawnbreaker
Steeltornado
no counterplay
REPEAT
I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
-Elder Nightblades Online
Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is usually a sub assault in there as well hitting harder then the dawn breaker :lol:
    Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is usually a sub assault in there as well hitting harder then the dawn breaker :lol:

and lowering your armor by 5k
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
    Options
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we get it, stamina is overperforming, stop spamming threads pls. thx
    Options
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... well when it comes to most stamina players, they are so predictable due to the aforementioned monotony of their burst rotation that you can tell when they are gonna db or uncap and block accordingly (75-50% health when all dots and bleeds are applied) Only problem I have with stam as a mag toon at this point is getting pit bulled by groups of 2+ bleed stacking snare spammers and then not being able to recover from execute without a preapplied hot due to the weakness of healing ward now that is has no initial heal to pull you out of execute range...

If all mag classes were given their own ways to deal with snares and roots without extensive stam investment this would likely not be a problem... it seems from zos change to the grace passive that they want mag toons to survive by a mixture of heals, wards, and mobility, however this passive that was supposed to help alleviate the ward nerf is not well thought out or working as intended...

Grace removes snares multiplicatively instead of additivly even though zos indicated otherwise through the pre NDA class rep system... so with 20% snare reduction a 30% snare gets reduced to 24% on live instead of 10% like it’s supposed to be... second, sprint cost reduction on mages is just dumb as most of the time the act of sprinting with a low stam pool build (ie 90% of mage builds) gets you killed by the next stun burst combo... if the grace passive was truly directed towards moving mage survivability from wards and heals to wards, heals, and mobility then it should have given additive snare reduction (up to 28% in 7 light) and a flat 10% speed bonus
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shuffle now reduces all of those abilities except NB Incap by 25%....

Rending is dodgeable...

Just saying
    Edited by Waffennacht on November 4, 2018 9:50PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    Hmm... well when it comes to most stamina players, they are so predictable due to the aforementioned monotony of their burst rotation that you can tell when they are gonna db or uncap and block accordingly (75-50% health when all dots and bleeds are applied) Only problem I have with stam as a mag toon at this point is getting pit bulled by groups of 2+ bleed stacking snare spammers and then not being able to recover from execute without a preapplied hot due to the weakness of healing ward now that is has no initial heal to pull you out of execute range...

If all mag classes were given their own ways to deal with snares and roots without extensive stam investment this would likely not be a problem... it seems from zos change to the grace passive that they want mag toons to survive by a mixture of heals, wards, and mobility, however this passive that was supposed to help alleviate the ward nerf is not well thought out or working as intended...

Grace removes snares multiplicatively instead of additivly even though zos indicated otherwise through the pre NDA class rep system... so with 20% snare reduction a 30% snare gets reduced to 24% on live instead of 10% like it’s supposed to be... second, sprint cost reduction on mages is just dumb as most of the time the act of sprinting with a low stam pool build (ie 90% of mage builds) gets you killed by the next stun burst combo... if the grace passive was truly directed towards moving mage survivability from wards and heals to wards, heals, and mobility then it should have given additive snare reduction (up to 28% in 7 light) and a flat 10% speed bonus

And some mag specs of certain classes only can depend on vampire for mobility which means getting smacked by a dawn breaker is pretty much a death sentence. I get that you have to sacrifice things for mobility but mist form isn't even that great compared to how it gimps your character. Most of the time I die before I reach Los while in mist form.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

Options
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rending is dodgeable...

Just saying

Let me just use my shuffle and roll dodge every second... oh wait... im magicka >.>
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
    Options
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina is so op that the 2 strongest classes at the moment are magplars and magdens...and stamdens i guess.

People seriously need to stop crying and start getting better.
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on November 5, 2018 5:32AM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Stamina is so op that the 2 strongest classes at the moment are magplars and magdens...and stamdens i guess.

Magplar, Stamden, sure. Magden, naw.
    Options
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

You're comparing apples and oranges. Unless of course you're suggesting that Magicka Templars and Wardens are better in offensive roles than Stamina builds are, in which case you should start giving lessons to all of the various premade BG teams on PC-NA (and please do, my survivability would go way up if they all listen to you).

I'll extend an olive branch - How about we make some sizable nerfs to Stamina classes' damage and mobility (bringing it more in line with what's available to Magicka), and in return offer them the ability to run support specs that compare to the Magicka Templar and Warden options?
    Options
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there was loads of counterplay when just a couple of months ago the meta was:

Haunting Curse -> Meteor -> Rune Cage -> dead
    Options
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there was loads of counterplay when just a couple of months ago the meta was:

It that’s all it took to kill you you are probs still dead lol
    Options
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »

If all it takes is bleeds to kill you, you’re probably dead all the time too regardless. No good player struggles hopelessly vs bleeds 1v1 and everything is rough 1vX or outnumbered.

For what it’s worth Skander I been doing great vs the vast majority of stam builds on my magplar and I’m sure I could do the same on my sorc if I returned to it or my mdk if wanted to play that class. You need to learn from your deaths and learn to play in general instead of respawning on the forums every time you die, which judging by the frequency of your threads is often.

Edit: you as in rhetorically, not you specifically.
    Edited by CyrusArya on November 5, 2018 8:01PM
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
    Options
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's all it took to kill the majority of players, especially Stamina. Shield stacking Sorcs or MagNB's were the only ones more able to counter it because of shields protecting you while your CC'd. By contrast most of the players complaining about bleed damage now are shield users which struggle more against bleed builds.
    Edited by Twohothardware on November 5, 2018 11:23PM
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody will believe me, but Mag sorcs will be kings by the end of this patch cycle.

In a world where everyone is slow, the streak spam + range dmg is wowstrongwow
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's all it took to kill the majority of players, especially Stamina. Shield stacking Sorcs or MagNB's were the only ones more able to counter it because of shields protecting you while your CC'd. By contrast most of the players complaining about bleed damage now are shield users which struggle more against bleed builds.

That's completely false; most players talking about bleeds are stamina users that recognize now a free dot that ignores resistance and synergies very well with stamina builds.

Bleeds are powerful. Only counters are cloak and extended ritual

Edit: and trellis
    Edited by Waffennacht on November 5, 2018 11:38PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Nobody will believe me, but Mag sorcs will be kings by the end of this patch cycle.

While I agree with your overall point, I do not think that it will be sorcs that will be king. I think it will be a new build that surprises most people, most likely taking advantage of the draining shot changes.
    Options
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's completely false; most players talking about bleeds are stamina users that recognize now a free dot that ignores resistance and synergies very well with stamina builds.

Bleeds are powerful. Only counters are cloak and extended ritual

Edit: and trellis

Cloak and extended ritual aren't the only two counters to bleeds. Investing more into healing for stronger Vigor/Rally, running HoT's, putting more CP into Thick Skinned, applying Minor/Major maim, and anything that gives a flat damage reduction will together reduce bleed damage allowing you to better heal through it.

Stamina and healing/cloak MagNB builds are able to counter bleed damage the best. A shield stacking MagSorc is going to have the harder time dealing with constant bleed damage and procs because of weak healing and now bleeds Crit on shields.

And aren't you on Xbox One? The bleed damage and enchant procs are considerably stronger on PC with Murkmire compared to console, at least until this latest patch that toned down enchant procs.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Better than last patch for sure and no speed pots make them a lot harder to run down. Until they get a good CC, think the class still has holes if it's trying to do more than kill people from 40 meters away.

Options
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are a little stronger compared to last patch. ;)
    Options
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭

Streak is more class defining than any mechanics related to shields and sorcs still have that crazy burst. So hopefully you're not trolling bc I agree with you
    Edited by Metemsycosis on November 6, 2018 4:31AM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really since sorc dmg is still easy to avoid and or hardcounter for every class.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While I nornally agree with your statements „Streak spam“ is an oxymoron. The damage is lower than it was also because you need to build for more defense and have less utility due to the missing 3rd bar. So, potato mashing Kings maybe. Just as before.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well maybe this’ll be the time I’m wrong.
    But I’ve gotten it written down and dated so I can @ you doubters later, the same way I Hit everyone with the @ who made fun of me for running 2 swift on day 1 of summerset (“you’ll lose so much damage!” They said), everyone who said stacking sub assaults wasn’t strong (“it’s so easy to avoid” they said) and everyone who said running wings on a Stam DK was dumb (“you won’t have the mag for that AND igneous” they said)

I hope I’m wrong. But I’m already kiting Zergs on my mag sorcs and picking off the straglers, so... yeah.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I’ve gotten it written down and dated so I can @ you doubters later, the same way I Hit everyone with the @ who made fun of me for running 2 swift on day 1 of summerset (“you’ll lose so much damage!” They said), everyone who said stacking sub assaults wasn’t strong (“it’s so easy to avoid” they said) and everyone who said running wings on a Stam DK was dumb (“you won’t have the mag for that AND igneous” they said)

I hope I’m wrong. But I’m already kiting Zergs on my mag sorcs and picking off the straglers, so... yeah.

Trust me; on this; you indeed are wrong. Sorc is not, in anyway, stronger with crits hurting Shields.

Nope, not with 90% dodgeable, not with purgeable burst, and kiting is non-existent with gap closers

Oh and resistance means nothing to bleeds and 2h ult
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭

The prophet has spoken...

Except that magdks and magplars will shred sorcs. Sorcs will not outshine either of those two specs at anytime this patch.
    PCNA

Options
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adapt
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Trust me; on this; you indeed are wrong. Sorc is not, in anyway, stronger with crits hurting Shields.

Nope, not with 90% dodgeable, not with purgeable burst, and kiting is non-existent with gap closers

Oh and resistance means nothing to bleeds and 2h ult

Well let’s see.

Options
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭

Rending is dodgeable...

Just saying
    Has anyone tested Major Evasion? Is it noticeable?
    Options
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    My take on shields against some builds they seem stronger or just as strong. Against others they crumble. Usually the glass cannons crumble my shields. the ones spamming Snipe and such. But when you catch up to them they usually crumble so quid pro quo. It seems the archer is really strong against robed characters. I am okay with that.

Against reasonable builds that split their focus on survivability and damage and sustain <-- you know like a good build should. Shields seem okay. Anyone else have a take?
    Options