The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO is crashing when I hide

raffaeleg
raffaeleg
✭✭✭
I used to hide ESO main screen with Cmd-H to go quickly go to my desktop when was needed. Now I took that habit and whenever I do and switch back to ESO, is frozen and crashed. Is that really a problem to switch back to normality? And possibly playing full screen again, now windowed. Thanks!!!
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    raffaeleg wrote: »
    I used to hide ESO main screen with Cmd-H to go quickly go to my desktop when was needed. Now I took that habit and whenever I do and switch back to ESO, is frozen and crashed. Is that really a problem to switch back to normality? And possibly playing full screen again, now windowed. Thanks!!!

That should work just fine. I do it all the time with no problem. You should try an ESO repair before you try anything else.
  • raffaeleg
    raffaeleg
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    raffaeleg wrote: »

That should work just fine. I do it all the time with no problem. You should try an ESO repair before you try anything else.

I repaired too many times so far, don't know what is causing the issue. I play on the iMac Pro. Mojave 10.14.1. Do you use the same os?
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    To switch to desktop I actually use Alt+Enter and then simply bring another window that I need with mouse. As a workaround for the time being you may want to check this if that works for you.

Alt+Enter to exit full screen
    Work with desktop
    When switching back to the game I need to press mouse button once otherwise I cannot use keyboard. Weird bug but this is how it works.
    After that I can use again Alt+Enter to get back to full screen.

And I use Mojave 10.14.1 too.
  • Seedier
    Seedier
    ✭✭
    I too have had consistent crashes on hiding client, doing something OS (eg run Minion) and then returning to client - it's just frozen, requiring cmd-opt-esc to quit and then restart... (running on Mojave).
    Edited by Seedier on November 4, 2018 4:59PM
  • raffaeleg
    raffaeleg
    ✭✭✭
    To switch to desktop I actually use Alt+Enter and then simply bring another window that I need with mouse. As a workaround for the time being you may want to check this if that works for you.

Alt+Enter to exit full screen
    Work with desktop
    When switching back to the game I need to press mouse button once otherwise I cannot use keyboard. Weird bug but this is how it works.
    After that I can use again Alt+Enter to get back to full screen.

And I use Mojave 10.14.1 too.
    Thanks, I knew also that shortcut, and I have to remember it from now on. Just to know, did you try CMD-H on Mojave? What happens?
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Not yet but will try tomorrow. In general it is true that there are a few bugs with changing to and from fullscreen or switching to desktop. Hopefully tomorrow some will be fixed.

Edit:
    I have checked Cmd+H now. It does not really crash the client a process still remains active and working however after going back to the game it appears that gui is completely unresponsive. Same as it used to be even with Alt+Enter on PTS before 4.2 launch.
    Edited by alterfenixeb17_ESO on November 4, 2018 11:59PM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was nightblade related :)
  • Jharym
    Jharym
    😆 You're not helping Morgul667! 😂
    Seriously though, keep hitting em with tickets and bug reports.
    Then they may eventually fix something.
    We can live in hope 😞
    Edited by Jharym on November 5, 2018 12:28AM
  • raffaeleg
    raffaeleg
    ✭✭✭
    Not yet but will try tomorrow. In general it is true that there are a few bugs with changing to and from fullscreen or switching to desktop. Hopefully tomorrow some will be fixed.

Edit:
    I have checked Cmd+H now. It does not really crash the client a process still remains active and working however after going back to the game it appears that gui is completely unresponsive. Same as it used to be even with Alt+Enter on PTS before 4.2 launch.

Yes, same here. The music is going on and the gui is freezing
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crashes are coming... You can run but you can’t hide
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've found that if I make it fullscreen (Settings > Video) and then minimize the window, it crashes. If I leave it in windowed mode, it's fine with minimizing.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.