Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Why play on multiple servers?

valusthecateater
valusthecateater
✭✭✭
Noob question, but I see many people with characters from different servers in their sigs. Is there any reason or benefit for this?
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure what you are talking about so please correct me if I am wrong. I only know of two servers, North America and Europe. We have two servers so people in Europe and who are closer to Europe than North America get better latency. So people either say they are in NA since it's closer to them or Europe because it's closet to them so they play there. I could be wrong, but that is my guess.

I guess it's in their sig so if people like to know what server they are on so they can maybe play with them. Hope this is what you were looking for.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Snipress
    Snipress
    ✭✭✭
    I could never play on another server, as I've already spent so much time (and money) into the other.
    Finding beauty in negative spaces.

Officer & recruiter for Lunacy on the Xbox - NA server.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noob question, but I see many people with characters from different servers in their sigs. Is there any reason or benefit for this?

Assuming you mean NA vs EU.. Just different people, different times.. just know all of your collectibles (minus chapters) are NOT shared. That includes mounts, pets, costumes, DLCs (unless you have Plus), etc.. It sucks, but we deal.
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not nice of them to share Crowns across servers but not the purchases. :neutral:

Maybe time for a new ESO Plus perk? Purchases are shared across geographies on the same account. Maybe better, for those who have already duplicated purchases, would be that Crowns are are only deducted for the server they are spent on.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not nice of them to share Crowns across servers but not the purchases. :neutral:

Maybe time for a new ESO Plus perk? Purchases are shared across geographies on the same account. Maybe better, for those who have already duplicated purchases, would be that Crowns are are only deducted for the server they are spent on.

That
    would
    be
    AWESOME.

They probably won't do it, but.. I'd love that! :heart:
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    I am not sure what you are talking about so please correct me if I am wrong. I only know of two servers, North America and Europe. We have two servers so people in Europe and who are closer to Europe than North America get better latency. So people either say they are in NA since it's closer to them or Europe because it's closet to them so they play there. I could be wrong, but that is my guess.

I guess it's in their sig so if people like to know what server they are on so they can maybe play with them. Hope this is what you were looking for.
    Also its totally annoying for console players then pc players tell them to use an mod for an quality of life issue or even combat ones. On pc you can use dressing room / alpha gear to change gear and skills so healer and tank can move from "fake" to trial level with an key.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Jharym
    Jharym
    ✭✭
    The reasons I use both are, 16 characters. I have a mix of both male and female, abilities, fighting style, even a linking back story for some of them. I'll role play with some of them also.
    The benifits are, depending on the time, one server is quiet, good for materials.
    Then the other is busy, more players to help or be helped by.
    Other reasons also but those are the main ones.
  • ihazzit
    ihazzit
    ✭✭✭
    I created a character on NA server and then after a few days someone said it was quieter on the EU server during the times I play so I went and created an EU character and met some really nice people. I then played on EU for 8 or 9 months or more and learned RNG on that account was horrible and someone suggested trying the same thing on the NA server to see if there was a difference. The difference was far better. So I've been using both accounts for about a year now or close to it but mostly on the NA server now.
    If you are angry about anything in this game you are only punishing yourself.
  • valusthecateater
    valusthecateater
    ✭✭✭
    So, no transferring anything from one server to the other? People just like to have more characters or quieter times to play?

Doesn't sound like I am missing anything.
  • Alkapton
    Alkapton
    ✭✭✭
    One plays on other servers because ones prefered server is down........ AGAIN:-(
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You really don't. I created a character on NA for the Summerfall event and now I'm just enjoying to unlock all the bits and pieces once again. That's just me though and there's really no real reason to do all that twice.
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    Because sometimes I want to feel European! (Only plays on NA)
    Edited by Tucker3711 on November 6, 2018 5:25AM
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, no transferring anything from one server to the other? People just like to have more characters or quieter times to play?

One problem I have with games like ESO is that accounts get established. They become more self-sufficient and newer characters benefit from the older ones. Switching to the other geography allows me to built up an entirely new account, without needing to buy another account.

The main downside to this is that Crown purchases don't cross servers. That isn't as big of a problem as it might seem, since it is all just cosmetic stuff, but it would be nice, since it is the same account and the Crowns are shared between servers.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Server population plays a large factor in this.
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24