The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

When sitting cannot "use" anything

Gargath
Gargath
✭✭✭✭✭
Why it's not possible? After I sit on a chair, the item's "use" option is no longer available in a window of commands
PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Why it's not possible? After I sit on a chair, the item's "use" option is no longer available in a window of commands
    First, that is neither a bug in the software nor a flaw in its design. So your inquiry belongs in another forum section.

In my experience, I cannot recall finding any item in my character's Bags which that character can Use while sitting.
    • Using an item is probably forbidden because there are so many different types of items. Some items are containers for other items, and one or more containers of yet other items also can be inside a container.
    • The outcomes which can occur by using an item while sitting can differ from using it while a character is standing. For example, a character might be able to equip armor for the head, shoulders, or feet while sitting -- depending upon the Style. But equipping other pieces usually requires standing. So what happens when a character that is sitting equips one of them?
    • The number of possibile outcomes can become too many to handle efficiently. Worse, they can change each and every time a new item is introduced into the game. Changes to other aspects of the game can have unforseen consequences for Using any particular item or type of item, too.
    So, not allowing a character to use an item while sitting (among other positions, such as kneeling) is known as "headache avoidance". :wink:

It would be interesting, though, if a player character could sit on furniture such as a chair positioned adjacent to a surface such as a table and eat or drink food items from dish items placed on the table. :smiley:

Edited by Shadowshire on November 3, 2018 4:47AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pressing your 'use' button makes you stand up. ._.
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »

Pressing your 'use' button makes you stand up. ._.
    Uhh ...., which "button" is bound to the Use option on the RMB context menu (for a PC or Mac version of the software)??

A player can double-click the LMB on many items to Use them, such as to consume a food, beverage or potion; to equip a weapon or piece of armor; or, to display the "loot" dialog for a container. But double-clicking the LMB on most items either doesn't have an outcome, or displays a confirmation dialog to destroy it.

Yes, double-clicking the LMB to Use an item does cause a sitting character to stand -- at least, it does when the item can be Used.

Dunno whether "keystroke macros" are allowed by the Terms of Service. ....

• Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I meant there is no way to "use" usable items when we sit. A small inconsistence in character mechanics. Why can't you eat, drink or open container when you sit? See the scrollable menu on screenshot.

dFIUrJ7.jpg
    Edited by Gargath on November 3, 2018 5:39PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I meant there is no way to "use" usable items when we sit. A small inconsistence in character mechanics. Why can't you eat, drink or open container when you sit? See the scrollable menu on screenshot.

dFIUrJ7.jpg

OOOH!
    Yeah, that's not right..
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Gargath

FYI: I understood what you meant in the OP when I replied to it. A character cannot Use items while seated because doing so is not a feature of the game software. That is not a bug. Got it yet?

If you want to know why it is not a feature, ask the ZOS developers in the General Discussion section of the forum: General Discussion.

Edited by Shadowshire on November 4, 2018 7:04AM

• Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is not a bug. Got it yet?

If you want to know why it is not a feature, ask the ZOS developers in the General Discussion section of the forum: General Discussion.
    If it's not a bug, I bet they will move this thread to correct category.
    Because of that also I won't start another thread, if that's a feature of game software I bet their reply would likely be "it works as intended".

• RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭

The ability to sit where added later in games developement as patch and that way it have some limitations.

Your question doesn't belong to BUG section and should be in general forum or as directed to developement section.
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    epic necro

When can we get this feature? "there is no way to "use" usable items when we sit."