The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How are you running your Mag Sorc in Murkmire?

Diddly_D_Potatoes
Diddly_D_Potatoes
✭✭✭
When I BG on my mag sorc this patch I get completely destroyed, a far cry from the OP easy mode awesomeness of the godly rune cage days a couple patches ago.
However there are some mag sorcs that are KATN in BGs this patch. What is their secret? Is there a secret handshake I need to learn or a pill I need to take to git-gud?

Best Answers

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How am I running? For my life!

I'm alternating between Bright-Throat and Impregnable and Bright-Throat and Shacklebreaker. My 2 pc is Mighty Chudan. I'm Destro on both bars because Healing Ward is pointless now. This allows me to run Frost Staff with Elemental Blockade on back bar - it's awesome! I'm always running Undo ultimate on one bar, usually front bar, with Overload or Atronach on the other bar.

My 1v1 fights are fine except against Oblivion damage builds. 1v2+ gets dicey real fast.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Answer ✓
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run a pet build in PvE and PvP. It's fun and usually works well, especially with good support from group mates. Here's the breakdown:
    2 Maw of the Internal, 5 Necropotence, 5 Spinner (lightning staves)
    Bar 1: Endless Fury, Inner Light, Volatile Familiar, Twilight Mariarch, Daedric Prey, Thunderous Rage
    Bar 2: Power Surge, Flex (Blockade or Boundless Storm), Volatile Familiar, Twilight Matriarch, Empowered Ward, Greater Storm Atro

With Power Surge up, either activate Boundless or Blockade depending on which is slotted, attack chosen target with Daedric Prey, activate Volatile Familiar, hit target with Endless Fury, Heavy lightning attacks. Refresh all as needed. Drop Storm Atro in big or difficult fights.

In ideal situations you have 4 pets bearing down on an enemy, with a stun incoming on the Familar's last pulse, a big burst of damage when Prey finishes, and Endless Fury ready to proc when the target drops below 20%. I've been able to singlehandedly dispatch some ubertanks because the amount of continuous incoming damage is more than they can heal through.

It's a very squishy build though. Getting focused down by a couple good players is tough to deal with. Lots of shield and Matriarch spam, plus using Boundless to get out of dodge are the best ways to stay alive. Running out of resources can also be a problem sometimes. I've been toying with dropping Power Surge for Dark Deal or Deep Thoughts, but I think I prefer the extra upfront damage, even if I do run dry after a while and need to hang back and just heavy attack for a minute. With all the heavy attacking that's part of the rotation already, the time it takes to get really low is pretty long. Usually it's spamming heals/shields that does it. If I can keep enemies off of me by dispatching them quickly or evading them, then resources don't get to be much of an issue.

Anyway, that's what I'm running, and it's still fun, even though I wish I still had my overload bar.
    Answer ✓
  • trashcannot
    What sets are you using?
    "My heart betrayed, I took her soul,
    Cracked it with vicious fray,
    Eternal now will be her pain,
    'Tis the fate of Alanwe"
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I press W and Shift, and she runs pretty well.
  • Diddly_D_Potatoes
    Diddly_D_Potatoes
    ✭✭✭
    My obsolete set up:
    Amber/Lich back bar, willpower destro front bar. Dom shoulder and Ilambris helm. Mage Mundus and tri-stat food.

I use to rely on a large magicka pool for strong shields while running and gunning, but that is no longer viable. I have tried heavy shacklebreaker in place of amber and still feel fragile.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    take light shackle+amber with few well fitted pieces and rely on roll dodge. i used to do it before patch. you can also place radiant magelight on your bar to protect yourself from nbs gank
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a MagSorc but if I did, I would probably run 5 Pariah, 5 Shackle/Lich, 2 Bloodspawn/Troll King/Valkyn and see if that worked at all