The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Housing Inspiration

RABIDxWOLVERINE
RABIDxWOLVERINE
✭✭✭✭
Ive only done one house and it took forever and Im not totally happy with how it turned out. Now that I have this huge villa to decorate I was wondering where you get your housing ideas or inspiration for your ideas. Id like to invest time into housing but with my lackluster house I have decorated I wanted to try and come at it from a different angle and maybe pick and choose things I like from other houses or other peoples ideas and try to implement with my own touch. Is there like a website that shows off peoples houses or anything of that nature? Sorry im not the most creative housing decorator.
Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *cough*

Allow me to shamelessly promote the website of the housing guild I recently became a member of:

https://tamrielhomes.com/

o:)

Also try youtube. On this forum there are several people who have youtube channels dedicated to show their work and work of others.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The best recommendation I can give is to download the PTS. Watch some videos on YouTube for some starting ideas. All creativity starts by with assimilation of existing ideas. Try recreating some of the ideas you like on the PTS and I guarantee you will quickly start to generate your own ideas.
    That's my toupence worth.
    See my own channel below btw, and feel free to use anything you see.
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both suggestions above are great. Getting inside a housing guild could provide a great deal of inspiration by talking to housing fans and visiting their creations. And PTS account lets you experiment with all types of furnishings until you feel that you found the right vibe.

I could add, that it may be reasonable first to get a general idea what you want to do with a house. Maybe, it's going to be a vampire lair, or altmer school (of propriety), or some kind of church, or smuggling post under high elf facade. Or ton of other ideas one could come up with. Sometimes to get such idea, get the "feeling" for the manor. Like, read some lore, get some idea how it was created, imagine its history, who was previous owner and why it was sold\left open to elements etc. Also, sometimes, deciding which one of your characters is going to live there also helps. Since my chars have their small stories, their ways of life influence the way they furnish their house.
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on October 31, 2018 10:35PM
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    The best recommendation I can give is to download the PTS. Watch some videos on YouTube for some starting ideas. All creativity starts by with assimilation of existing ideas. Try recreating some of the ideas you like on the PTS and I guarantee you will quickly start to generate your own ideas.

^^^ and also get Save House addon. You can save your house on PTS, then copy the saved variables file onto live and load the items you had in your pts house, assuming you have the items in your inventory. This is usually how I make changes to my house, PTS first then load on live.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    Zypheran wrote: »

^^^ and also get Save House addon. You can save your house on PTS, then copy the saved variables file onto live and load the items you had in your pts house, assuming you have the items in your inventory. This is usually how I make changes to my house, PTS first then load on live.

Oh, that sounds excellent!
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Runs @Incognitius @NoTimeToWait @Zypheran Thank you all for the comments i will definitely check out the links you posted and try to envision what I want my villa to be. All my characters are stamina characters so more melee so I was thinking of creating a castle of sorts where my knights or warriors can train and live. Maybe like a monster hunting guild or something similar to fighters guild. I can feel the inspiration beginning to flow. Thank you all for unclogging my stream of creativity lol now the question becomes can I implement something like this in game.

Im super jealous of you PC players lol it sounds like the PTS is a nice resource to use and all the add-ons are just icing on the cake. I wish these things were possible on consoles. But I dont see that happening in this console generation unfortunately. Bethesda has provided great strides when it comes to mods on console but for a MMO on console I dont see them ever allowing mods at least on the Xbox One.

Thanks again everyone I really appreciate your responses!

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • Futerko
    Futerko
    ✭✭✭✭✭

YOUTUBE CHANNEL HOUSING/OUTFITS

GM Aetherius Art - Housing Guild (PC EU)
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Futerko Thanks I will definitely check this out.

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!