The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

In-combat even more broken

idk
idk
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
ESO has had an in-combat issue since before the game launched. it gets a little better than a little worse.

With the current update on PC it has probably never been worse. I just walked from an outpost to inside the next keep in combat all the way even though combat was not following me and I was not taking any additional actions.

Zos chose to implement a change with swapping skills yet seems to choose to ignore the flaws that seriously impugns the changes even further.

@ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_GinaBruno How long will Zos make change without fixing the obvious flaws related to the changes. This type of behavior reflects poorly on management.

Edit: even before this patch there have been times I have been in the home base and somehow been in combat even though that base cannot be attacked and both gates were closed. I had resurrected at that home base. In that line of thought I have resurrected multiple times in a keep not under attack and have been in combat. There really is no excuse for this game behavior.
Edited by idk on November 2, 2018 6:28AM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    ESO has had an in-combat issue since before the game launched. it gets a little better than a little worse.

With the current update on PC it has probably never been worse. I just walked from an outpost to inside the next keep in combat all the way even though combat was not following me and I was not taking any additional actions.

Zos chose to implement a change with swapping skills yet seems to choose to ignore the flaws that seriously impugns the changes even further.

@ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_GinaBruno How long will Zos make change without fixing the obvious flaws related to the changes. This type of behavior reflects poorly on management.

Edit: even before this patch there have been times I have been in the home base and somehow been in combat even though that base cannot be attacked and both gates were closed. I had resurrected at that home base. In that line of thought I have resurrected multiple times in a keep not under attack and have been in combat. There really is no excuse for this game behavior.

Its really bad this patch. I cant count how many times I basically ran from keep to keep because I couldnt mount over the weekend. I particually dont like that you cant change your quickslot loadout while defending a keep. You will never get out of combat while a keep is under attack, so if you dont have defense siege already slotted, you are SOL. If they are going to stick with this, they should double the size of their quick slot bar.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on October 31, 2018 8:17PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watching Zone chat in Cyro, a guy was in combat, yet no combat near him, for 4 minutes. Could not mount or anything but walk, and talk in Zone chat. At least we can talk in Zone chat.

They also commented that this was the worst they have seen it.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos really needs to define what in combat actually means. Twice since creating this thread, I have been put into combat even though I could not see another player or NPC in sight.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can literally die and respawn in my home base and be stuck in combat for minutes...

I stopped using rapids for traveling around Cyro (one of main purpose of the skill) because you never know when you get stuck with that stupi ability and wont be able to put it off because they thought making skills unchangeable during combat was more pressing issue than fixing in combat bug. Rant over I guess.
    Edited by SodanTok on October 31, 2018 10:49PM
  • Lark82
    Lark82
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm that it's much worse after the Murkmire patch, and it was bad before...
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    its the worst its ever been. It's absolutely pathetic that they give this little about pvp that they let something this broken through. Let's not even get into the ultimate sets that leave u stuck in combat until they generate 'xxx' ultimate. I dont know what is going on in the head of the people responsible for this games mind but in any other engineering career they would already have been fired. At what point in our lives does one care so little about their product, their reputation and their own skillset that they let things like this pass?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been much worse. Zos chose to change our ability to move away from combat, not take damage for a short while then we can change a skill.

Yet they ignored a long standing in combat issue and somehow made it worse. The combined choice to make the recent change along with the clear disregard for this in combat issue borders on incompetent at the management level. It is absurd we go so many minutes in combat without any combat around us, without anyone or anything around us.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What adds to the frustration of these bugs Zos finds acceptable is the long load screens. The incompetence is so apparent.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    broeken is broken
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea i can confirm - disengaged from combat at ales farm (glade was UA) and ended up walking the whole way. The in-combat also has a random tendency to restart for no reason (stops and starts and stops while i am just standing around).
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    killahsin wrote: »
    I dont know what is going on in the head of the people responsible for this games mind but in any other engineering career they would already have been fired. At what point in our lives does one care so little about their product, their reputation and their own skillset that they let things like this pass?

have you seen this poll?
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/443791/do-you-have-eso-plus-and-why-or-why-not/p1

its an answer to all your questions. people pay for the craft bag, additional house slots and fancy dresses. devs will never fix anything pvp related because it wont have impact on their revenue thus you should be grateful pvp still exists and just works somehow
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let's see, last night I sprinted all the way from Blood Mayne to Black Boot, no hostile players en route, remained in combat the whole way. Left combat at Nikel, went to Ash, couldn't use transitus from being in combat, had to sprint back to Nikel to die to other players in order to rejoin my group. I mean I could have tried sprinting to Chalman but that would have been worse.
    This is my major issue in Cyro this patch.
  • Skullderic
    Skullderic
    ✭✭✭
    Might help to note what char. class & race w/ active skills. I have noticed Some Class and/or race active skill after being in combat will lock you in combat if those skill are casted again. A Bleed on your char will lock you in combat if you keep some skills active after getting hit w/ it.

Edit: Or the active skill that run on (bug) for 12404040 sec... >.>
    Edited by Skullderic on November 2, 2018 5:49PM
    Gert Soem!!
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been enjoying my long, scenic walks from Nikel to Brindle. Who needs horses anyway?
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find this to be utterly frustrating experience. I don't even recall anyone complaining about being able to switch abilities out while in combat prior to Murkmire. Now, I have to leave group and walk a good distance away to exit combat in order to assign siege to skill slot.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    I can literally die and respawn in my home base and be stuck in combat for minutes...
    That's even worse than respawning at base and your character is still dead. And yes, that has happened to me ...
    dry.gif

• phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not being able to change your quickslots while in combat in cyrodiil is the dumbest thing zos has ever done wtf???
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not being able to change your quickslots while in combat in cyrodiil is the dumbest thing zos has ever done wtf???

Not being able to change our quick slots after we have died, resurrected at a home base because we are still in combat is the really the dumbest, but that is exactly what @ZOS_MattFiror has purposely done knowing the in combat bug continues to be an issue.
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you agro a stationary guard, then you better kill that guard or your going to stay in combat for a long time. From my experience its the stationary guards that cause the greatest issues.
    Edited by NobleX35 on November 2, 2018 9:19PM
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."