The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Slowing down?

Geekgirl
Geekgirl
✭✭✭
Here's an odd question. :)

Is there any way to slow down the rate of gaining experience?

There are times when I LOVE zooming to CP points to crush out whatever, but with the new DLC and the relatively newish chapters still out there, along with the HUGE base game, I realize that there is a lot that I just never did because I was in such a rush to "catch up" with others, or to join guilds doing things or what have you.

I am finding that I'm now in that odd place where I want to step back, take a breath, and explore the game again, as if she were new to me all over because I feel with everything that's been added, it could very much be very enjoyable.

Problem is that even just doing the main quest line and the delves and dungeons that you encounter inherently (not to mention the guild quest lines) you can hit CP points before leaving your first zone. Not so much of an issue except that you out level your horse, your crafting, everything -- there is no way to keep the systems on par with each other any more.

I really DO NOT want this game to revert back to they way it was when it was released, but what I WOULD LOVE is an option to slow down, to decrease the amount of XP that I get. I would love to halve it, most of the time.

I find it difficult to believe that I am the only one who would enjoy THE OPTION to turn down the XP just as we have the option to uptick it.
PC/NA - Perpetually casual. Furniture and fish collector. Lover of exploration and opener of urns.
Maxed CPs, still no clue how to endgame, too much time opening urns, prolly.
Eve Morrison - Templar DPS - Furniture Crafter/Maker of Arms - Co-op w/hubby/achievements/crafting
Jilly Narraway - MagDK DPS - Delves/Dungeons/Dolmans - She murders ALL THE THINGS!
Fynn the Lucky - Warden Tank -- Seer of things/Explorer of places - RP/Solo/Storyline/Completionist
Siluna Southpaw - StamDK DPS slippery-fingered type/Murder hobo - RP/Solo/Storyline
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There isn't an option to slow down XP gains.

You can choose not to use CP on the character, as well as using found gear rather than sets. It's not perfect but gives an pretty good power nerf to help the zones feel fresh longer.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could stop CP gaining too.
    When I'm acting like a newbie clueless guy in a dungeon, I want to be 200CP, so I could say "Sorry guys" and they'd say "It's ok, we all have been newbies".

Sadly, I'm already at 640CP. It's too late...
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not exactly sure why you would even care about exp gains if you are just trying to enjoy the story. Your crafting is not tied to your level so you can level that up as you see fit. The mount training, yeah, that's going to take 6 months, unless you use training pages. Once you hit level 50 you start or continue to gain CP, which is a good thing.

With One Tamriel you are always level 50 anyway, so once you actually hit level 50, you are exactly the same. If you feel like you don't want to over power the zone, don't use CP and you will stay a level 50.

I am having a hard time even understanding why you want to slow down exp, considering you start out, adjusted to level 50. Your exp has absolutely nothing to do with it. If you want to play as a base level 50, then just continue to play as a base level 50, without CP. Again, if you want to be able to craft your own gear as you level, then you will have to spend some time leveling crafting. That is nothing new, even with the old system, you had to work at leveling crafting to keep it up with your level.