The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Stuck falling and can't raise a ticket

Monte_Cristo
Monte_Cristo
✭✭✭✭✭
One of my characters is currently stuck falling inside a delve in Glenumbra. I used Magnum Shot right in front of the entrance, which knocked me through the door and now out of the bottom of the world. /camp and /stuck have both not helped, neither has porting to a wayshrine/house/player, as falling cancels the action. Relogged several times, always back falling. Forever falling...
I tried to make a ticket using the web assistant, but I couldn't figure out how to precede beyond 'in game support, character issue, character stuck' and 'feedback/bug, gameplay'.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Or would anyone from the game's support see this and help?
Thanks.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you used the get me unstuck function? In help?
    Edit. sorry you did the key command just saw, don't have that on console!

Can u kill urself / death spawn potions?
    Edited by Beardimus on October 31, 2018 8:44AM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried queing for (and entering) a campaign? Not sure if it works for falling, but it got me out of a very weird situation in a wardrobe when everything else failed
    Edited by Yuls on October 31, 2018 8:46AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you logged into the support page, normally the character stuck would let you submit a ticket from there.

You could also try making a thread in the support section of the forums and someone from ZOS might be able to pick it up and help out.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Sixfoote
    Sixfoote
    ✭✭
    I had that happen once. I contacted support and they said to try logging out and waiting 15 minutes so the instance resets. It worked for me. Hope it helps.
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixfoote wrote: »
    I had that happen once. I contacted support and they said to try logging out and waiting 15 minutes so the instance resets. It worked for me. Hope it helps.

This worked for me as well. I was on a boss, got feared through a wall and couldn't get back through it so I jumped off the cliff which was off the game map thinking I'd just die and respawn, but i fell forever and ever. Logging out and waiting worked.
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This same thing happened to me in one of the Crypt of Hearts. Got blasted through a wall and into the eternal abyss. Funny part was I got kicked by the game for "Spamming in group chat." The unstuck thing did not work. Had to log out.
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still falling a day later. Trying the Cyrodil thing just gets me booted off for 'spamming'. Submited a ticket last night, using a different character. It logs me off too quickly to make one on the falling character. Got a bot reply asking me to try the things I said don't work on the ticket. Sent a reply to the bot reply asking if someone on their end could manually more the character.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still falling a day later. Trying the Cyrodil thing just gets me booted off for 'spamming'. Submited a ticket last night, using a different character. It logs me off too quickly to make one on the falling character. Got a bot reply asking me to try the things I said don't work on the ticket. Sent a reply to the bot reply asking if someone on their end could manually more the character.
    That should work for you. Hopefully they get back to you soon. Just an FYI that it seems most the English support for ZOS works NA office hours, so you will normally get replies afternoon or evening EU time.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you get to the map? How about clicking on a wayshrine or destination and pay the gold to get there. I had to do that once when I was stuck. Not falling but couldn't get out. Hope this can work. Good luck.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still falling today, haven't heard back from customer support. but... I FIXED IT! Tried spamming roll dodge while falling, just to try something different, and it ended up rolling me back into the delve.
    Porting to shrines/houses/players didn't work, cause the falling action kept cancelling the teleportation.
    Note to self (and anyone else): do not fire magnum shot at delve entrances. Those doors are less solid than they appear.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

@Beardimus We do ;)
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuls wrote: »
    Have you tried queing for (and entering) a campaign? Not sure if it works for falling, but it got me out of a very weird situation in a wardrobe when everything else failed

Someone got home earlier than expected?
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »

@Beardimus We do ;)

Ah cool! i have no keyboard, so never poke around with that silly onboard keyboard lol! haha
    albesca wrote: »
    Yuls wrote: »

Someone got home earlier than expected?

^ LOL!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me once but /stuck worked for me after an unusual long loading screen
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you got it fixed. Also glad you told us your solution. Great to know and try if it ever happens.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got an e-mail from customer support saying they've moved Misty to the Glenumbra. Good to see the support could fix it if I was still stuck.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still falling today, haven't heard back from customer support. but... I FIXED IT! Tried spamming roll dodge while falling, just to try something different, and it ended up rolling me back into the delve.
    Porting to shrines/houses/players didn't work, cause the falling action kept cancelling the teleportation.
    Note to self (and anyone else): do not fire magnum shot at delve entrances. Those doors are less solid than they appear.

Ive got unstuck from similar situations by trying to do different moves like roll dodge, jumping, etc. Getting to support is a real pain. They do no make it easy. They want you to spend a couple of days navigating web help in frustration for a problem they could fix in 5 minutes.
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nerf roll dodge.

And i am definately going to fire magnum shot at delve entrances trying to replicate this. What delve was it?
    Edited by Haquor on November 4, 2018 1:34AM
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haquor wrote: »

Nerf roll dodge.

And i am definately going to fire magnum shot at delve entrances trying to replicate this. What delve was it?

Silenum? The one next to Limbscather in Glenumbra.