The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

SPC backbar, vMA lightning front bar

mocap
mocap
✭✭✭✭✭
Have two questions:
1) is SPC resto backbar viable?
2) what is the point of vMA lightning staff for healer? (outside of EleDrain ofcuz)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be best on the front bar since that is where you would toss out the most heals and spend the most time.

vMA lightning is not just about ele drain, but also about WoE and more importantly the heavy attack is a channel like the rStaff so it feels the same if you HA to get magicka.

Edit: Benefit for lighting . I have heard from multiple sources the HA it give back more magicak than Fire and Frost. But the feel is more important. With the WoE you can have an enchantment firing constantly and providing benefit to you or the group. I.E. a shock enchant helps with off balance.
    Edited by idk on October 31, 2018 7:22AM
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Edit: Benefit for lighting . I have heard from multiple sources the HA it give back more magicak than Fire and Frost. But the feel is more important. With the WoE you can have an enchantment firing constantly and providing benefit to you or the group. I.E. a shock enchant helps with off balance.

Lighting blockade cause off balance - heavy attack on off balance restore double the resources. But less viable than single resto heavy.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You get the benefits from crushing wall on your resto, when you swap. No reason to have the vMA staff as front bar.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on October 31, 2018 11:59AM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

Lighting blockade cause off balance - heavy attack on off balance restore double the resources. But less viable than single resto heavy.

This is the answer you are looking for right here. Stam toons also always have the exploiter CP passive which is a 10% damage boost to off balance. It used to be even more prevalent because off balance time could be near 100%. Even magic used to run 75 into thaumaturge (not optimal on its face) because of the exploiter passive. Now that off balance uptime is capped, and they changed it to return extra resources, you have gone form half your DPS running lightning wall to just your healers typically. It is still a very important buff. Using a VMA staff is more optimal for damage, but certainly not required. It will buff every tick of your lighting heavy attacks, which is certainly nice, but other lighting staffs will accomplish the off balance part of the equation just as well. Lastly, Blockade (of any element) will also continually proc your off bar enchant.

Add all this up, and meta healers typically run lighting blockade.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPC on a single bar results in terrible uptime. I would suggest Olorime, since it can be used from the back bar every 30s and DPS can get great uptime.

The lightning staff is for both Elemental Blockade (causing off-balance) and Ele drain, and bonus points if you have a Shock Enchant on that staff (for Minor Vulnerability, nearly as good as IA set).

Unless you are doing a lot of light and heavy attacking, a Maelstrom lightning staff isn’t very beneficial.

I believe the meta build is an Olorime lightning staff on the back bar to complete the 5-piece, with a unique restoration staff on front bar. I’ve seen Master, Maelstrom, Asylum, or Blackrose resto use effectively. This setup also leaves room for a Monster set and another 5 piece set active at all times (Worm, Jorvulds, Mending, Sancuary, etc.)
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPC on a single bar results in terrible uptime. I would suggest Olorime, since it can be used from the back bar every 30s and DPS can get great uptime.

The lightning staff is for both Elemental Blockade (causing off-balance) and Ele drain, and bonus points if you have a Shock Enchant on that staff (for Minor Vulnerability, nearly as good as IA set).

Unless you are doing a lot of light and heavy attacking, a Maelstrom lightning staff isn’t very beneficial.

I believe the meta build is an Olorime lightning staff on the back bar to complete the 5-piece, with a unique restoration staff on front bar. I’ve seen Master, Maelstrom, Asylum, or Blackrose resto use effectively. This setup also leaves room for a Monster set and another 5 piece set active at all times (Worm, Jorvulds, Mending, Sancuary, etc.)
    Good point, SPC trigger on HoT even on destro staff, Olorime only on resto staff AoE giving far more control.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are looking for SPC in amour then you should consider jorvulds or IA as a back bar option.