The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dk Wings should reduce fall damage by 50-75%

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this man serious? Does he truly believes DK wings are OP? If so, that man is the reason stupid people should not have a voice.

He is a hard cast Frag shield spam Sorc. So... it's only a natural that he doesn't know anything about DK vulnerability against ranged builds. So yes, he is 100% serious.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think wings should reflect siege :trollface:
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

Imagine all the cries from all these 'fun and interactive' siegers. Lol
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well NBs can cloak the siege dot (normally, bugged atm) why not eh?
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they also should make you a cup of coffee

hell yeah, coffee is the best and ima go make some rn actually with some nice ass breakfast and i got pumpkin spice creamer too and especially better fitting on halloween day, cheers breh :)
    at a place nobody knows
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anybody remember Batfink?

It what I always think of when I see wings...

https://youtu.be/22b6B1a4OrM

That said, I do think many DK players only look at it from the side of what they avoid, and vastly under-estimate the impact of the reflect part..

I also see many DK's in Cyro - doing VERY well. I don't think they are as weak as they are made out to be :-) ofc. I'm speaking from the pov of somebody who absolutely does not understand the class - just saying what I see.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Pelican
    Pelican
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coagulating blood should reduce damage taken from bleeds, cuz i dont know, your blood is coagulating?
    PC NA - EP Solo PvP Player
    https://www.youtube.com/c/pelicaneso
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    Illuvatarr wrote: »
    DK’s wings and other reflective abilities should cost much more or removed from the game. It’s a silly I win button ability and with the current state of the game is not warranted. Range means nothing and dks can burst from melee range and from range with weapon abilities. Dks pay no price for survivability. Never have.

4k for a meh self-heal(that can heal less than what it costs despite being a self only heal)
    4k for just major mending(and a shield that is less than 1k, not even exaggerating)
    almost 4k for reflect , which is the ''class defining'' ability.

Do you realize that I have to run extra magicka regen on my stamina Dk because of the absurd ability costs?
    And do you even understand the concept of melee versus ranged? The burden of playing the equal of a turtle as a class? Wings might seem OP to someone in a 1v1 but they are pretty underpowered for open world use where it only takes two person to force you into spamming it till you go out of magicka.

Do you know why stamden excels and stamDk miserably fails, because unlike what you think Dks don't get free survivability, they actually pay a lot for it.. Guess who does get it for free though? Yes, wardens.

silly me expecting a typical magsorc main to understand what it feels to actually have sustain issues. You know what? Thats completely fine. Again, my fault for a proper argument with facts and supporting evidence. I'm not even angry at this point, I'm just sad. Can't you at least get a proper argument like ''oh hey look I'm a ranged magblade and I hate wings cause it counters my entire kit'', which is a fine argument that has its own logical answer to it, but yours is just.... I don't know how to put it.

Oh, a magsorc main. There you go.
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Anybody remember Batfink?

It what I always think of when I see wings...

https://youtu.be/22b6B1a4OrM

That said, I do think many DK players only look at it from the side of what they avoid, and vastly under-estimate the impact of the reflect part..

I also see many DK's in Cyro - doing VERY well. I don't think they are as weak as they are made out to be :-) ofc. I'm speaking from the pov of somebody who absolutely does not understand the class - just saying what I see.

My wings are like a shield of steel! <3

Yeah, everything is more difficult when it's you (maybe not for the kids who are just beast at their spec). Playing DK is a lot of micromanaging my sustain and cursing when my cool ultimate does teeny tiny damage because the target moved half a meter, so I get pretty cranky when people complain about how easy DKs have it. Bollocks.

We're not weak, though, and it's fun as hell to play. Don't tell ZOS!
    Edited by RedRook on October 31, 2018 4:59PM
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He’s the reason why Zos thinks dks are borderline op. Dawg people with your lack of experience do not need to make opinions on balance changes. It’s why we’re in a hole now.
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelican wrote: »
    Coagulating blood should reduce damage taken from bleeds, cuz i dont know, your blood is coagulating?

I like the sound of that, I really do.
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭

You remember when dk's could constantly reflect an attack back and fourth until someone ran outta magicka, and that meteor could be reflected? Meteor ping pong was *** amazing lol.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maikon wrote: »

You remember when dk's could constantly reflect an attack back and fourth until someone ran outta magicka, and that meteor could be reflected? Meteor ping pong was *** amazing lol.

*** you remind me of good times. Even in the CE debacle, I'd just run wings just to spite the cheaters and get themselves Meteor'd to death. Thankfully by then, it was 'reflect once and you cannot reflect back'. But man, I miss Meteor pingpong. I remember slotting S/B just to keep up with ping pong with DKs on my non-DKs. Lol fun times.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xarcus wrote: »
    DK’s wings and other reflective abilities should cost much more or removed from the game. It’s a silly I win button ability and with the current state of the game is not warranted. Range means nothing and dks can burst from melee range and from range with weapon abilities. Dks pay no price for survivability. Never have.

I guess you 're playing a 100% projectiles build (or something like that)

Wings force characters in close, then they just fossilize, claw, and whip you into oblivion.

Its just one part of a DKs i win rotation.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is actually an interesting idea, not just for DKs but for class changes in general. This type of thing would be a great way to make combat fun and introduce unique reasons to play a class that doesn’t make them OP. ZOS’ changes always relate to such complicated and game altering things. Taking a look at what makes a class unique and adding a fun twist to it could be a great way fo liven up the game again.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedRook wrote: »
    This is a great idea. Yes, please.
    Flight for Dragon Knights and Wardens.

Levitation for Sorcerers, Nightblades, and Templars.

Make it happen, ZOS!
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Give it the streak treatment and I'll be all for adding more to the ability.

Or make it so when you jump down, your fall is slowed, So your open for more attacks while trying to jump others into suicide.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make streak go through objects!
    Wallhumping 2.0!
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All DKs abilities are tricky and require precise timings / conditions, while someone other can just spam powerful plain ranged abilities and then complain how that abilities are negated by reflection.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In pve it is just overpowered as hell. On pvp ranged character you cannot even fight DK with wings. Not even stamina DK.
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »
    In pve it is just overpowered as hell. On pvp ranged character you cannot even fight DK with wings. Not even stamina DK.
    Orly?
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad

• KingLogix
    KingLogix
    ✭✭✭

4k for a meh self-heal(that can heal less than what it costs despite being a self only heal)
    4k for just major mending(and a shield that is less than 1k, not even exaggerating)

Do you realize that I have to run extra magicka regen on my stamina Dk because of the absurd ability costs?
    And do you even understand the concept of melee versus ranged? The burden of playing the equal of a turtle as a class? Wings might seem OP to someone in a 1v1 but they are pretty underpowered for open world use where it only takes two person to force you into spamming it till you go out of magicka.

Do you know why stamden excels and stamDk miserably fails, because unlike what you think Dks don't get free survivability, they actually pay a lot for it.. Guess who does get it for free though? Yes, wardens.

silly me expecting a typical magsorc main to understand what it feels to actually have sustain issues. You know what? Thats completely fine. Again, my fault for a proper argument with facts and supporting evidence. I'm not even angry at this point, I'm just sad. Can't you at least get a proper argument like ''oh hey look I'm a ranged magblade and I hate wings cause it counters my entire kit'', which is a fine argument that has its own logical answer to it, but yours is just.... I don't know how to put it.

I don’t know if that’s relevant. What’s relevant is whether or not what I said is accurate.

its not accurate. force pulse, curse, mages wrath, SCR..... so many things go through reflect... not to mention there are times when frags/snipe will go through wings because ZOS.

wings is a very expensive ability, this is not something you can spam unless you build for it.

Build a dk, ill duel you on my sorc, and then we can see if you still feel the same way.

It’s a very expensive ability that costs about 3-3.5k mag. It can reflect completely without counter 4 abilities regardless of cost. The resource return on it is huge. The most important part about it is that there isn’t a counter in game to it. You say ways around it but there is a reason why you play your DK as opposed to your Sorc on the regular. It is the premier 1vx class. In your class you make the class shine more because you are a good player. In other cases wings is just an I win button. I am ok with it in game but there need to be more ways around it. Sorcs have no hard counter such as this to dks.

Yes, it is very expensive.

"It can reflect completely without counter 4 abilities" out of how many abilities in the game?

There are counters, melee, dots, force pulse, etc.

It is NOT the premier 1vX class, by any means.

There is nothing I Win about that skill.

"Sorcs have no hard counters against this" is just a sad excuse, because from my experience against you in pvp, you are one of the worst sorcs out there.

L2P good sir, and stop hard casting frags, that might help.

Yes we did have a 1v1 that you won. Took you a lot longer than it should a rank 40 DK. Other than that it’s usually your friends and you zerging me. If you don’t beat a Sorc on your overpowered DK, especially in non co, you need to pick a new class. Would be happy to duel you again on cpwhere the match up is more fair. (Although still favors DK)

Good sir, spell reflect is a bs ability and should have hard counters to it. Knight slayer armor is a good start to counter dks but itemization should not be the answer.

All you are is a shield spamming sorc, so yea, took me a bit to run your magicka out.

You can counter dk wings with a *** ton of abilities, but you know what's bs, is shield spamming, there's no reason a sorc should be able to constantly spam 40k+ worth of shields.

As well as endless fury spam, your gd 40 mile stun, and implosion, which literally procs off every gd thing in the game.

All that *** should either be on a global cd.

All I spam is empowered ward. Tell ya what...you are so bad I will just stack resist gear and use a heal. Still afraid to come duel me?

bro you are a sorc and complaining about wings that cost 3k ish on a stam dk that only has 10k stam?
    Are you even LA weaving curse, endless, frags, pulse, buffs?
    dont event start with, "he is spamming wings"
    the dude has 10k magic and he has to allocate majority of it into igneous upkeep and volatile

You can take these notes: You should be LA weaving everything so that you can reduce the chances of him reflecting a frag

LA> curse> LA> fury > la> rune cage> LA frag
    why is a stam dk telling you how to play your class.. I think you just suck to be honest
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have some sympathy for magNBs who struggle against wings but if you're a magsorc and can't deal with wings then you just need to L2P. You've got Curse, Force Pulse, Meteor, Fury and an unblockable stun. And if things go bad, you can always disengage at will while magDKs don't have that option.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »

I find this post funny but also sad to know that you actually believe this.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    I have some sympathy for magNBs who struggle against wings but if you're a magsorc and can't deal with wings then you just need to L2P. You've got Curse, Force Pulse, Meteor, Fury and an unblockable stun. And if things go bad, you can always disengage at will while magDKs don't have that option.

Any mdk worth its salt is a very hard target for sorc'. Saying 'you should slot these specific skills' just to be slightly more effective against one class is a tad disingenuous. As is pretending that most of what isn't reflected by wings isn't getting blocked, or reflected by high uptime of SnB ultimate, with what's left easily getting healed through.
    Even just wings alone completely screws up sorc' burst, since it's reliant on a reflectable that has to proc and has to land at the same time as curse.. if wings are up at that time (easy to work out by the big purple cloud around you and counting to 3) then you cannot be burst by sorc'. And without multiple bursts, sorc' has nowhere near enough sustained damage or debuffs to take a DK down.

Honestly, if you're struggling Vs sorc' on mdk, you should really get better at your own class. Any sorc' worth his salt leaves DKs till last, and they only ever drop when focussed by a ton of people..

I must say, though, I'm thoroughly impressed by the DK PR department here. You guys have been doing a fantastic job in convincing people how poor your class is. ..
    Edited by Biro123 on November 3, 2018 11:06AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    ccmedaddy wrote: »

Any mdk worth its salt is a very hard target for sorc'. Saying 'you should slot these specific skills' just to be slightly more effective against one class is a tad disingenuous. As is pretending that most of what isn't reflected by wings isn't getting blocked, or reflected by high uptime of SnB ultimate, with what's left easily getting healed through.
    Even just wings alone completely screws up sorc' burst, since it's reliant on a reflectable that has to proc and has to land at the same time as curse.. if wings are up at that time (easy to work out by the big purple cloud around you and counting to 3) then you cannot be burst by sorc'. And without multiple bursts, sorc' has nowhere near enough sustained damage or debuffs to take a DK down.

Honestly, if you're struggling Vs sorc' on mdk, you should really get better at your own class. Any sorc' worth his salt leaves DKs till last, and they only ever drop when focussed by a ton of people..

I must say, though, I'm thoroughly impressed by the DK PR department here. You guys have been doing a fantastic job in convincing people how poor your class is. ..

What say about magdks who kill sorcs without wings
  • JasonWangTaiwan
    Dragon shout in coming.
  • callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭

I don’t know if that’s relevant. What’s relevant is whether or not what I said is accurate.

its not accurate. force pulse, curse, mages wrath, SCR..... so many things go through reflect... not to mention there are times when frags/snipe will go through wings because ZOS.

wings is a very expensive ability, this is not something you can spam unless you build for it.

Build a dk, ill duel you on my sorc, and then we can see if you still feel the same way.

It’s a very expensive ability that costs about 3-3.5k mag. It can reflect completely without counter 4 abilities regardless of cost. The resource return on it is huge. The most important part about it is that there isn’t a counter in game to it. You say ways around it but there is a reason why you play your DK as opposed to your Sorc on the regular. It is the premier 1vx class. In your class you make the class shine more because you are a good player. In other cases wings is just an I win button. I am ok with it in game but there need to be more ways around it. Sorcs have no hard counter such as this to dks.

Why do you keep saying there isn’t a counter to it when several skills have been named that are a counter to wings? Two of them being sorc class skills.
    There are quite a few other counters in the game as well. It only lasts a few seconds and you can easily launch a few light attacks to bring the wings down. It’s not cost effective against light attacks.

Also, there are always classes and playstyles that are counters to other classes/playstyles. For instance, mag dk’s rely heavily on dots to kill an enemy as they have strong dots but lack burst. However, templar purify removes all dots instantly. That one skill is pretty much a hard counter to all of a mag dk’s offense. No other class struggles quite as much against a templar than a mag dk just because of purify. That doesn’t necessarily mean purify is overpowered though.
    Edited by callen4492 on November 4, 2018 3:54PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I also get an earth quake spammable my my stamDK?(Being deadass with this question). And Plus one for the wings fall damage too😀

Sellistrix....
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Can I also get an earth quake spammable my my stamDK?(Being deadass with this question). And Plus one for the wings fall damage too😀

Sellistrix....

I didn't ask for a monster bro, I asked for a class spammable.....
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad

• Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingLogix wrote: »

Yes, it is very expensive.

"It can reflect completely without counter 4 abilities" out of how many abilities in the game?

There are counters, melee, dots, force pulse, etc.

It is NOT the premier 1vX class, by any means.

There is nothing I Win about that skill.

"Sorcs have no hard counters against this" is just a sad excuse, because from my experience against you in pvp, you are one of the worst sorcs out there.

L2P good sir, and stop hard casting frags, that might help.

Yes we did have a 1v1 that you won. Took you a lot longer than it should a rank 40 DK. Other than that it’s usually your friends and you zerging me. If you don’t beat a Sorc on your overpowered DK, especially in non co, you need to pick a new class. Would be happy to duel you again on cpwhere the match up is more fair. (Although still favors DK)

Good sir, spell reflect is a bs ability and should have hard counters to it. Knight slayer armor is a good start to counter dks but itemization should not be the answer.

All you are is a shield spamming sorc, so yea, took me a bit to run your magicka out.

You can counter dk wings with a *** ton of abilities, but you know what's bs, is shield spamming, there's no reason a sorc should be able to constantly spam 40k+ worth of shields.

As well as endless fury spam, your gd 40 mile stun, and implosion, which literally procs off every gd thing in the game.

All that *** should either be on a global cd.

All I spam is empowered ward. Tell ya what...you are so bad I will just stack resist gear and use a heal. Still afraid to come duel me?

bro you are a sorc and complaining about wings that cost 3k ish on a stam dk that only has 10k stam?
    Are you even LA weaving curse, endless, frags, pulse, buffs?
    dont event start with, "he is spamming wings"
    the dude has 10k magic and he has to allocate majority of it into igneous upkeep and volatile

You can take these notes: You should be LA weaving everything so that you can reduce the chances of him reflecting a frag

LA> curse> LA> fury > la> rune cage> LA frag
    why is a stam dk telling you how to play your class.. I think you just suck to be honest

My skill level or anyone else’s for that matter is irrelevant. It’s a bs mechanic and there need to be counters in game to it on projectile skills. It is a hard counter to ranged classes and dks can use staves and bows for ranged attacks. There should be nothing in game that doesn’t have hard counters. Kinda like damage shields and shield breaker. Or streak and gap closers.
    Edited by Illuvatarr on November 4, 2018 9:25PM