The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mac Client Issues: No Full Screen, low performance

mandricus
mandricus
✭✭✭✭✭
1) The switch to Molten has caused massive performance loss. I was able to play at 60fps steady on my Mac Book Pro 2018, now I'm barely able to hit 20fps, on the same machine.

2) All the textures looks a little bit "blurred". It's not unusable, but watching the screen now, compared to pre-murkmire, you have a sense of general "blurriness" compared to the previous version where the graphic was more "crisp" and clear.

3) After last incremental patch, unable to play the game in Full Screen mode. Even if I go to settings -> Full Screen mode the client remains in window mode

4) The game does not start (crash on startup) on my MacBook Pro 2018. It has something to do with the exacore i7 processor. If I use CPUSetter and turn off 2 of the 6 cores, turning it into a quad core, the game runs fine (this issue was already present before Murkmire, I just never bothered to report it on this forum because I found the CPUSetter workaround)

MacBook Pro 2018, 15'', Radeon Graphic Card, 16GB RAM, I7 hexacore.
Edited by mandricus on November 2, 2018 6:00PM
  • Kaytlin
    Kaytlin
    ✭✭✭
    I have a 27" iMac 5K, running Mojave, late 2015, i5 processor @ 3.2 GZ, 24 G memory, Radeon R9 M390 20148 Mbyte, with same problems. Prior to Murkmire 59 fps, now lucky to hit 30fps, logging into zone results in fps of around 2-3 for first 30 sec or so.

Very frustrating for PVP.
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still haven't found a way to have the game in Full Screen Mode. Mac OS High Sierra version 10.13.6. Anyone else having this issue?
    Edited by mandricus on November 2, 2018 6:02PM
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, facing massive fps drops.
  • Araquiel
    Araquiel
    ✭✭✭
    Having the same issue on a 27" iMac 5k, on Mojave, same everything except 16 G RAM. I did run across a thread that explained how to fix the low FR issue (right click the app, go into properties, change to low-res mode), but since Murkmire dropped full screen mode no longer stays as default. I can go into my settings once I launch the game and manually set it to full screen, but the next time I log on, it's back to windowed. If I try to use the kb shortcut to toggle to full screen, it changes to a tiny window in the middle of my monitor.