The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Housing style motifs!

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey ZOS since you are already comfortable selling armor motifs for outrageous prices here's another way you can take our money. Start selling furnishing plan motifs in all the existing styles. These should include ALL the plans from greens through purples for each style. But to make them attractive at the 3.5k price point (oh who am I kidding, we all know you'll charge 5k AND make them bound items) you need to step up here and add plans that do not exist in game. Specifically, build items! Walls (both long and short and that are stackable as well as curved), doorways that match, windows, floors (both a small and a large "tile", the latter being at least as large as the Alinor floor), stairs ( both straight and curved, a "short" stair and a 2 story stair), a selection of roofs, and a fireplace. Items created from these plans should NOT be bound just as armor made from crown store motifs is not bound. And NO new crown store only mats required but this package should come with at least 10 mimic stones for ANY furnishing motif. Or, at the very LEAST, 10 of the furnishing style items for that motif style. Lastly, each one should come with a gold race appropriate cooking station plan because this is a HOME darn it!
Edited by MornaBaine on October 31, 2018 11:27AM
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, if they released a "Morrowind Blueprint Pack" I'd buy it, just because the grind is so horrible.

Not entirely against this idea TBH, although I can imagine a lot of people will be because of the value of the items and the joy of having access to rare items others don't.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was a call for styling of housing items, in the same way that you style equipment. It would be a great idea to combine a blueprint for just "dining table" with a style motif of "Redoran" instead of having to find the specific combo that you do currently.

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    I thought this was a call for styling of housing items, in the same way that you style equipment. It would be a great idea to combine a blueprint for just "dining table" with a style motif of "Redoran" instead of having to find the specific combo that you do currently.

I agree but that would be them revamping the whole current system and I don't see them doing that without a huge $$ incentive.

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    You know, if they released a "Morrowind Blueprint Pack" I'd buy it, just because the grind is so horrible.

Not entirely against this idea TBH, although I can imagine a lot of people will be because of the value of the items and the joy of having access to rare items others don't.

The rare Master Writ items would still be rare and not part of the packs. But making it SO HARD to decorate a home within a given style is TERRIBLE. I'm offering ZOS a way to fix that AND bleed us for some more cash at the same time. It would def fall under the "convenience" umbrella just as XP scrolls do, letting those who don't have the time to grind endlessly for patterns choose to just buy them if they want to.

• Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is an excellent idea. Like you said though, they would need to bring out new structural items so that we could make complete builds in a specific style.
    I think you are being very optimistic with your pricing though. You are suggesting a reasonable price... ZOS has shown that it only works in the ridiculous when it comes to house pricing!!
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoops, double post! But I seriously do hope ZOS picks up on this idea!
    Edited by MornaBaine on October 31, 2018 11:29AM