The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Macbook Pro not waking from sleep if game was running.

Romilly
Romilly
✭✭✭
I still have a problem with Mojave -- if I close my laptop while the game is still running (even in character screen or login), then I CANNOT type my password on the lock screen when I wake it up.

This was NOT a problem before. Clearly an interaction between the Mac and ESO. But fix it please having to hard-reboot my laptop is not acceptable.

Please fix this ASAP, it is likely damaging my laptop having to hard-reboot it just to get in. It's effectively a system freeze, and its YOUR fault.

W
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In reality this is because ZOS had to change to Metal from OpenGL. Apple also has a share in the blame.
    Any game that currently uses OpenGL will need to convert over to Metal so that the games will continue to run. I guess developers will go back to determining if the Mac gaming community is large enough again. I remember 10 years ago having like 3 AAA titles made for the mac.
    https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/06/05/some-game-developers-hint-at-abandoning-the-mac-if-apple-phases-out-opengl
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    They clearly coded it wrong. I have COD 4 MW and it runs fine, and I can tab out. Whats weird I didn't have to update anything, and it still works

My MAC FREEZES even if I tab out of ESO to look something up on Safari, forget sleeping the machine.

WHAT A POS.

W