The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PC Camera Controls

MyKillv2.0
MyKillv2.0
✭✭✭✭✭
I have played ESO since it launched on console but recently drifted to other games. In bouncing between games, I returned to playing on PC and returned to other MMOs such as WoW and EQ. When I decieded to return to ESO, I wanted to try playing on PC. While the transition has been smoother than I antcipated, the one thing that I cannot adjust to yet is the inability to adjust my camera angle w/o using a mouse. In my other MMO games, I control the camera angle with the "a" and "d" buttons. ESO seeems to just strafe, rather than actually adjust the camera angle. I find this rather odd since this game puts a premium on moving more than either of the other MMOs that I played. So my question is that is there a control that I am just not seeing? I am positive I am not the only one with this issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if I read this correctly and I apologize if this isn't the answer you were looking for, but..

ESC > Settings > Camera
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    And why exactly don't you use the mouse? And how would you sidestep with those settings? You are right, movement is quite important, so maybe you should get used to turn the camera with your mouse and your char with the keyboard.
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Taunky for your effort in trying to answer the question. From what I have researched since I posted this, I have found that my issue appears to be a function of the way the game is set up and does not allow to rebind the camera controls. I was hoping that it was a simple control setting that I was just overlooking. Oh well, the issue isn't exactly game breaking and is really just more a preference I suppose. I just really wish that I could control my in game camera with my keyboard. Oh well.... Cheers for the attempt to help resolve my question.
    Edited by MyKillv2.0 on November 14, 2018 9:22PM