Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bug: Combat Pets Dying in Ruins of Mazzatun

Dagoth_Rac
Dagoth_Rac
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
My Familiar and Matriarch were both dying in Vet Mazzatun. This was on final boss, in hard mode. The combat pet deaths would be simultaneous and instant and appear related to the resource-draining totems. It seemed to be that combat pets insta-died as soon as totems were destroyed. This fight is fast-paced and resource intensive. Being snared for 4 seconds while I waste resources on resummoning combat pets is no fun. Especially when the healer gets the statue vision and my Matriarch becomes the backup emergency group heal and Matriarch is dead.

@ZOS_Finn
Edited by Dagoth_Rac on October 28, 2018 2:40PM
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is correct. Serveral fights are weirdly "scripted" so that pets die.

Fang Lair Caluurion - Pets will die rather *conviently* as the burn hits.

ZoS please fix this. Its stupid to not change cast time on pets but kill them for no reason.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also died last night in vet pledge spindel and city of ash. Only the volatile died many times for what ever reason.
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another issue in Mazzatun is when the sorc gets the hallucination, all your skills are replaced with the sap ball attack, and thus all your pets are unsummoned immediately.

I'm not too sure about the totem killing pets though, never seen that personally.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • huhjun1978
    huhjun1978
    ✭✭✭
    My Pets died so often in Fang Lair now, didn't happen before.
  • FinrodMacBeorn
    FinrodMacBeorn
    ✭✭✭
    Same here (vetFang Lair): very frequent pet deaths at Caluurion (always both simultaneously due to mechanics), 1 or 2 isolated deaths at the Cadaverous Bear.
  • deLioncourt
    deLioncourt
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZeniFaux strikes again.
  • Supportic
    Supportic
    ✭✭
    PC/Mac Patch Notes v4.2.6
    "Player pets will now take 85% less damage from all Area of Effect and Damage over Time attacks. They will continue to take 100% less damage from all attacks in group dungeons, trials, and arenas."

Edit: nvm missunderstood the wording
    Edited by Supportic on November 14, 2018 6:53PM
    World 2nd Tick-Tock Tormentor ☑
    Immortal Redeemer ☑
    Gryphon Heart ☑
    HARDwithSTYLE
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    My Familiar and Matriarch were both dying in Vet Mazzatun. This was on final boss, in hard mode. The combat pet deaths would be simultaneous and instant and appear related to the resource-draining totems. It seemed to be that combat pets insta-died as soon as totems were destroyed. This fight is fast-paced and resource intensive. Being snared for 4 seconds while I waste resources on resummoning combat pets is no fun. Especially when the healer gets the statue vision and my Matriarch becomes the backup emergency group heal and Matriarch is dead.

@ZOS_Finn

Did this happen after recent patch?
  • nuvak
    nuvak
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm this. We were in Mazzatun this weekend (that is, after the 4.2.6 patch mentioned above) to get some missing achievements, and our sorc lost both pets every time a totem was destroyed, they just insta-vanished. It was most obvious (even for me as tank) at the first totem, when no other mechanics like adds, vision or AoE were active.
    Edited by nuvak on November 13, 2018 1:00PM
  • LioraValkyrie
    LioraValkyrie
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Tasear Ever since I can remember, pets have died when the RoM endboss totems die. Also after every totem phase in Callurion in FL. Please ask ZOS if they are aware of a correlation between totem effects and pet instadeath. It is possible they are not dying to damage here, but being hard-code unsummoned as they are when passing through certain regions of Craglorn, for example.
    Mistress of Apocrypha - Master PetSorc

Founder of The Lollygaggers
    Creator of the 1-bar vMA build
    World first solo vFH
    Unchained Altmer Sorc Tank

Visit me on YouTube! Mistress of Apocrypha ESO
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tasear Ever since I can remember, pets have died when the RoM endboss totems die. Also after every totem phase in Callurion in FL. Please ask ZOS if they are aware of a correlation between totem effects and pet instadeath. It is possible they are not dying to damage here, but being hard-code unsummoned as they are when passing through certain regions of Craglorn, for example.

I am asking after Murkmire have they died? I have not been in that dungeon recent enough for me to personally know but was assuming they wouldn't die as it's a dungeon area.
  • nuvak
    nuvak
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    I am asking after Murkmire have they died? I have not been in that dungeon recent enough for me to personally know but was assuming they wouldn't die as it's a dungeon area.

@Tasear As written above: Yes, they have.

And i have to agree to @LioraValkyrie, it feels more like a forced unsummon than a death by damage of any kind.
    Edited by nuvak on November 13, 2018 1:33PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

@ZOS_Finn

Did this happen after recent patch?

Yes, this is post-Murkmire. I am guessing that the pets insta-dying/unsummoning when totems go away may be a bug that has been around a long time. However, pet deaths in dungeons are more noticeable now that:

1). They happen much less frequently.
    2). They are not supposed to happen at all.

I cannot say if Murkmire introduced this bug or if the new rules for pets in dungeons simply "revealed" an existing bug.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Answer is yes:

I run Fang lair quite a bit and I am at the point where I can literally call out to the sorc healer/dps - INC dead pets get ready to re-summon. Once again if they don't want to remove the cast time pets should never die to mechanics. Its silly to tie a pet directly to a heal and have them "randomly die" out of player control.
  • Aconight
    Aconight
    ✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/HwQTzTlJhlo

Video of this still happening (post murkmire)
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets died un two dungeons today. Fungal groto2 and the other pledge .. normal mode as well.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can confirm also, my bear died in vRoM last boss

• Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭
    Seen my friend scamp dying a lot Vs Molag Kena (the stupid beast just attack adds when kena summons and when these adds dies he gets blasted away)
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noldornir wrote: »
    Seen my friend scamp dying a lot Vs Molag Kena (the stupid beast just attack adds when kena summons and when these adds dies he gets blasted away)

Can confirm, my imp dies a ton during that encounter <Was HM WGT for me>.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My combat pets are disappearing or getting stuck in surroundings in pvp as well. I have a pet build sorc I made and the pets glitch out... which is pretty terrible when 5 of your skill slots on two bars are being taken up by pets. The only solution whenever this happens is to get out of combat, take the pets off the bar, and then resummon. I agree they need to fix this. The pets aren't 'dead' they're just not there.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • SwiftAggression
    SwiftAggression
    Soul Shriven
    Pets dying in Mazzatun has been an issue from day 1 of the DLC release. It has been reported in the past, with no changes made.

Losing pets during the Caluurion fight is so annoying, as he is usually casting his aoe spam when they die.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not just Mazzatun. Pretty much every dungeon if your Pet(s) are standing in red or taking attacks from enemies. Mine die all the time as well in Group dungeons.
  • SvariBK
    SvariBK
    ✭✭
    Bug: combat pets make adds immovable.
    As tank I try to do my job and suddenly chains are broken idk what to do it is just no fun to play :'(
    BK-22 PC EU Player
    Tank & DD