The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Just destroy sealed jewellery writs?

cyberjanet
cyberjanet
✭✭✭✭✭
It seems I get one or two of these every single day, far far more than I get of any other kind of sealed writ. And they are all impossibly expensive to make. I started off selling them for next to nothing, but even at 30g per voucher they are now all bright red on Master Merchant. Is there any hope these will ever become affordable to make, or do we just destroy them?
Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I destroy them. There's no possibility that I'll have sufficient tempers to complete any of them in the foreseeable future. From my perspective purple and gold tempers are far more valuable for upgrading my own toons' jewellery. I don't need writ vouchers. I already have more writ vouchers than I can usefully spend.
    PC EU
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not worth doing or selling. Delete them like most do. Doubt ZOS even tracks how many are done and they so no care to fix these to make them worth doing.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The ones I have been keeping are as follows...
    • Any Epic worth over 95 vouchers. I wont do these yet, but saving incase the prices of mats drop
    • Any legendary over 300 vouchers. I am currently only doing the 461 voucher ones, and the others in this category are being saved again incase prices of mats drop.

Any that don't fit the above get destroyed.

-Edit to add- I am saving these on an alt account dedicated to holding my master writs. I would probably delete all the epics if I only had one account and try to sell the above 300 voucher legendary ones except the 461 vouchers.
    Edited by Runs on October 25, 2018 10:21AM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did one legendary one worth 407 vouchers for the simple reason to get the legendary jewelry crafting achievement and bank a few extra vouchers. Other than that, I've been selling them for generally 50-100g per voucher. They keep selling, so someone out there must be a glutton for punishment. Either that, or a connection to a bot lord with plentiful supply of tempers.

I also traded a 378 voucher writ the other day for my last needed Dremora motif chapter (bows), since I didn't feel like running Maelstrom Arena for the fourth time only to get RNG-ed with my 4th Dremora legs chapter. So there is that.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epic over ~100 and legendary over ~400 vouchers are 'worth' doing if you have most of the mats. Otherwise it's accept > abandon as it's faster than destroying them ;)
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been keeping most of my post-Wolfhunter ones, with the higher voucher values, simply because I have the space on a storage alt that I have. I sold the pre-Wolfhunter ones for like 15-20g a voucher, and somebody bought them, for some reason.

As stated by others, I've done a couple of the ones that are >375 vouchers for gold. 1 for the achievement, and a 461 voucher one for the vouchers, as I'm trying to outfit my house with all the crafting stations, and 461 vouchers goes a long way to that!

As for the rest, I'll just hold onto them for the time being, but if i start to run out of space, I'll probably just destroy, as it looks like the prices for the materials has somewhat stabilized. (might even go up a bit with new patch with all the magicka dps upgrading their spell strategist jewelry when they get it from RotW)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just sold most of my hoard for pennies on the dollar (a.k.a cheap). I didn't make that much gold but it was liberating.
  • PromiscuousNun
    I'm keeping the higher level ones in a dedicated storage chest at my house. You never know, in the year 2026, I might be short on some vouchers ;)

Did make some for the achievement tho! And a 450+ is still tempting….

As someone said here, they do seem to drop quite alot in comparison to other masterwrits.

Good luck and have fun!
    PC -EU
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep epics for 100 and legendaries for 400+. I still haven't done any of them, but those at least have some future potential. Any of the others I sell for 1g out of disgust.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve made one. It’s was for 40 something vouchers I think at 1100 gold per voucher. Which is not good. No profit in that at all. But I had no other writs and needed a lot of vouchers at that time. And I had the tempers, but they’d have been better spent on upgrading my own stuff. I think that’s the angle with jewelry writs. Those get dropped a lot but the others are very small numbers of voucher per writ. Which is especially taxing on a player with only one toon.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m keeping them all as I have trust that ZoS will make them viable......
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Destroy all.
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are trash.

I have done only one of these, and that only to get the gold jewelry achievement.

I have also observed I get JC writs dropping at least twice as often across 11 toons doing crafting dailies. They infuriate me. Each JC writ that drops is a daily reminder to be deeply skeptical of paid content features in the future.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have WritWorthy, so I only do ones that are equal to or less than 1,000g per voucher. Granted, those are the exception rather than the rule, but they're worth doing. Ton of vouchers for comparable (if on the high end) cost per voucher of other master writ types.

For the majority of them, though, I hold onto ones that are worth several hundred vouchers in hopes that someday JC will be adjusted further. I use all the rest to troll one of my guild masters by sending them to her as "donations for the guild auction." She responds by sending me bile and grease, and pelts me with mudballs every time she sees me in public. And so the battle continues.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="OrdoHermetica;c-5573617"]I have WritWorthy, so I only do ones that are equal to or less than 1,000g per voucher. Granted, those are the exception rather than the rule, but they're worth doing. Ton of vouchers for comparable (if on the high end) cost per voucher of other master writ types.

For the majority of them, though, I hold onto ones that are worth several hundred vouchers in hopes that someday JC will be adjusted further. I use all the rest to troll one of my guild masters by sending them to her as "donations for the guild auction." She responds by sending me bile and grease, and pelts me with mudballs every time she sees me in public. And so the battle continues.[/quote]

That's my general rule of thumb too. I'm on console, and don't have addons to do the math for me, but the principle is still the same.

My only problem with jewelry writs, as opposed to the other professions, is I actually have to spend that gold out of my savings to acquire the materials. The other profession master writs might have a per-voucher cost associated with the materials necessary, but I have such a stockpile that I don't actually notice the impact to my bank account. I'd much rather do a legendary woodworking master writ worth 46 vouchers (>1k/voucher) with no actual gold cost, than a 461 legendary jewelry writ at ~1k/voucher that costs me 400k+ gold just to purchase the platings...
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    90% of them, at least - add to junk>destroy all junk. fastest method to get rid of them that I found.

high voucher legendaries do sell when priced low enough, guess cause people want that dye/achievement

high voucher epics, if they are not swift - donate to guild.

they are just to darn expensive to craft.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far I've deleted all under 50 writ vouchers. Probably going to start deleting all less than 100 if my storage for them gets too full.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love all the "2" enchanting writs, and also the "6" alchemy writs. I use them and an XP pot to level up FAST. I collect 30 or so at a time, craft 'em all, and off we go.

Bloody great, and the rewards stack up. not that I'm all that interested in much the vendor has, but....
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At least most of the JC master writs I see anymore are Epic and worth 60-70 vouchers to start. I do get the occasional ones for 30 or something but those are rare. Granted, even the Epic dust/plating is still fairly expensive, and I've got at least 8 or so Epic-level JC writs sitting around, which means getting these all the time is still expensive as hell compared to other master writs of equal voucher value.

Even with the changes to how JC works, it's still a 10:1 ratio in terms of tempers for JC compared to the other equipment crafts. I know I personally have hoards of mats for the other equipment crafts, but even then those are also used for Furniture. Which also applies to JC blueprints. So there are three different things vying for mats that come split into 10s, which makes doing JC master writs even more of a hassle.

They really need to either ditch the 10 Dust:1 Plating ratio and just make Plating drop in whole pieces like other tempers do, or make the temper Dusts a lot more common. ZOS needs to realize it's not just improving actual gear people are using these mats for, and locking JC crafting behind artificial difficulty like they have to make it seem like a rewarding grind for getting Gold jewelry is just making this more of a headache than it should be for people who just want to do the master writs and craft nice Furniture.
    Edited by Arunei on November 4, 2018 3:14PM
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!