The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Level anywhere

AppleJuiceBox2
AppleJuiceBox2
✭✭✭
If you can level anywhere and it just scales to your level doesn't that make it harder to level or speed level lower areas? Like if I get good gear it seems the struggle is the same regardless and you cant burn through enemies.
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grinding mobs is very easy, you can reach 50 in a few hours if you know what to do and have the right buffs
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • AppleJuiceBox2
    AppleJuiceBox2
    ✭✭✭
    Only level 14 so I'm not saying much of anything at all. I love the game alot. It is faster then some games but seems like a few you should be able to burn through at a higher level.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grinding levels is one of the most overrated concepts in the game.

New players are encouraged to explore and enjoy the content.

ESO is not one of those games you can "burn through" levels.

There's really no need to anyway when ZOS adjusts the CP curve on major patches ... so that earlier Champion Points require less experience and can be earned faster.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grinding levels is one of the most overrated concepts in the game.

New players are encouraged to explore and enjoy the content.

ESO is not one of those games you can "burn through" levels.

There's really no need to anyway when ZOS adjusts the CP curve on major patches ... so that earlier Champion Points require less experience and can be earned faster.

So freaking true. I did what "was suppose to be done" and I wasn't having fun at all. Having more fun being inefficient but exploring the land and game.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    grind levels man... get to 50 asap then cp160. Then start the main quest. There is no need to sit around in low-level gear, collecting low-level gear and mats. You will want to have CP to share with alternate toons when they first start out. There is an order to leveling though...

1) level your mount every day
    2) sign up with the fighter's guild right away (especially important for stam toons)
    3) use any and all xp scrolls you get
    4) do your daily random dungeon and BG (or just do these as they will end up giving you a lot of extra skill points)
    5) grind dolmens in a'likr, or ghosts in glenumbra moors (don't complete the quest though)

Tips for more effective leveling:
    - JOIN A GUILD AND ASK FOR SETS OF TRAINING GEAR (most will give you something for free)
    - Wear 5 of your main armor type (light for mag users, medium for stam, heavy for tanks and perhaps pvp); wear 1 each of the other two types... your chest piece should always be heavy while you level, belt should always be light.
    - on your bar slot 1 skill from each of your class skill lines and 3 weapon skills... you want those weapon skill lines leveled ASAP
    - At the very least... make sure your weapons are not more than 4-5 levels behind you. If you are level 25 and using a level 15 bow, you are going to be doing poop damage.

I know I am missing some stuff, but if you can follow these steps you will be a well-rounded fighter at the end. the quests are fun and the game has a lot to explore... but to be honest, you want to get to cp160 and get max level gear asap. most of the quests in zones will give you zone sets that aren't worth collecting or really using until you are max level.

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can level anywhere and it just scales to your level doesn't that make it harder to level or speed level lower areas? Like if I get good gear it seems the struggle is the same regardless and you cant burn through enemies.

A subtle distinction but the game does not level to or around you. While you are below CP160, the game levels or buffs you to its interpretation of what you would be at CP160. That is called 'battle leveling' and it actually makes it hard to evaluate the development of your character. The moment you hit CP160, the battle leveling is terminated and you are then running without the training wheels based purely on how you have built your character - for better or for worse but generally somewhat different than how your character was while still affected by battle leveling.

As far as leveling, rather than speed, I'd focus on building up a variety of skills and skill trees (your class & weapon skills, Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Undaunted) as well as getting comfortable with a variety of combat situations. It is easy to tell if a +CP160 character has spent their level up time 'speed leveling' by farming dolmens with a herd in A'likr or Auridon - they melt when solo or in a small group vs tougher content.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo