The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Class that Can Buff Stamina Based Ally?

Tal_72
Tal_72
✭✭
Hey folks... I am leveling up with a Stamblade (my son), and I was wondering is there a class or skill tree that will allow me to make him do more damage (although I intend to play a magicka build with heals). I seem to recall at launch DKs could buff people's weapons to do fire damage, but I think that was changed. Is there anything like this anymore? I could not really find a buff listing that told me this. There was one list, but most of the abilities listed were self only. Thanks.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades have access to all the buffs they need via their class skills or wpn skill lines. The DK skill molten armaments provides increased heavy attack damage but that might be about it. Stamblades have really strong buffs thanks to grim focus and the increased damage after incap.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Igneous Weapons on the DK will buff their Spell/Weapon damage for 30 seconds. If that DK also has all the passives, allies will also get Minor Brutality for 10 seconds I believe.
  • Tal_72
    Tal_72
    ✭✭
    Thanks. So, besides DK, are there any other buffs that can be given from a sorc, templar, or warden?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tal_72 wrote: »
    Thanks. So, besides DK, are there any other buffs that can be given from a sorc, templar, or warden?

Wardens are probably the best class in terms of providing buffs to other players ... especially if you're setting your sights on a healer.

https://fextralife.com/eso-set-guide-jorvulds-guidance-buff-management/

Though this Jorvuld's Guidance page is a bit dated, @Castielle has done a great job of organizing buffs by class and skill line ... including self-buffs and buffs given to other players. Sometimes seeing buffs using in-game icons is easier to process than a straightforward list. ;)

I run a Warden healer in PvP that runs Jorvuld's in a raid situation ... but it can work for duos as well.

• Tal_72
    Tal_72
    ✭✭
    Thanks all for the replies. This is by no means a complete list, but these are the ones I found in char planner. Most buffs in this game appear to be self only.

For Wardens, there is Frost Cloak (Physical/Spell Reisist and Minor Protection 8% Dmg reduction) and Enchanted Growth (10% Stam Recovery) from Wardens.

For Sorcs, there is Lightning Splash Conduit for splash AOE damage.

For Templars, there is Spear Shards for Stam and Stam recovery.

Dks have Igneous Weapons as previously noted.

So far, I'm leaning Warden or possibly Sorc (I need to see ahow much conduit works out). I already wanted to level both classes, but I am trying to figure out which will be more effective in the Duo.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like DK might be best if you want to buff damage and maybe shielding some. Templar is superb for resource management, purging and burst heal. Sorc has a great burst heal. Not qualified to really speak warden support but I do run a duo fairly often in the 'support role' - albeit to a mag dps. Having a reliable burst heal counts for a lot. Dead dps = zero damage.

I like the flexibility of a templar for support but I confess that a magplar healer is my main (love templars) and the class does not do all that much to boost damage. Spell power cure and combat prayer do buff damage however and each are available to any class.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on October 27, 2018 5:23PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run as a tank or healer (which may influence your choice of class) but get the Undaunted synergies as a priority. You won't be applying those from your end, but they'll be there to be taken. Check out what's in the weapon lines, too. It's not just class that provides buffs/debuffs.

Which reminds me, de-buffing the target improves the allies' damage . You don't always have to add at the giving end.