The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Psijic order skill line should be across your account

godosaurus
godosaurus
Soul Shriven
So I've recently had to do the psijic order questline AGAIN, on a 4th or 5th character and you all know how terrible the questline is. Doing it once isn't awful since you can see the sites of tamriel etc, but having multiple characters that use the skills to achieve the maximum DPS in trials makes it tedious. Especially on new toons that have no wayshrines yet because they haven't explored the world so you are forced to ride around everywhere on 0 horse speed mounts. I think the skill line should be shared across your account so that you don't have to do it over and over which takes away lots of the fun from the game. I understand that this is what an MMO is supposed to do, make you grind to get the best stuff, but it's really boring and lessens the player experience. This also applies to the Mages guild which is equally as garbage.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda liked the Annual Psijic Order Scavenger Hunt. Quicker than running circles around dolmens, finding ratty old books, or doing lots and lots of group dungeons.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor MMO developers, they introduce all these MMO features and people want to play this game like a MOBA.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally I'm against account wide requests like this but the psijic thing is such a tedious nuisance that I'm inclined to agree.
    Edited by Sigtric on October 24, 2018 4:02PM

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • godosaurus
    godosaurus
    Soul Shriven
    Nestor wrote: »
    Poor MMO developers, they introduce all these MMO features and people want to play this game like a MOBA.

Lots of people aren't able to play games 24/7. They have busy working lives etc and when they come online they don't want to be grinding the same thing over and over. They would much rather be doing dungeons or trials or PvP or whatever makes this game fun to them, not being bored out of their brains.

With most other questlines i respect that a grind is worth it because it's enjoyable like undaunted which may be long but requires you to do the fun content that ZOS has given us. But psijic order is just terrible, time-consuming and boring for everyone who does it which is why it should be account wide.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    godosaurus wrote: »

Lots of people aren't able to play games 24/7. They have busy working lives etc and when they come online they don't want to be grinding the same thing over and over.

You don't have to grind Psijic, so if you don't have time, then don't. Don't play the game beyond your available time. :neutral:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lots of people aren't able to play games 24/7. They have busy working lives etc and when they come online they don't want to be grinding the same thing over and over.

You don't have to grind Psijic, so if you don't have time, then don't. Don't play the game beyond your available time. :neutral:

People don't even have to play multiple 'toons, either.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

If accomplishments and achieves are account wide and across all 'toons - whats the point of playing multiple 'toons when they all have the same achieves granted to them?

:D
    Edited by twev on October 26, 2018 11:01AM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »

If accomplishments and achieves are account wide and across all 'toons - whats the point of playing multiple 'toons when they all have the same achieves granted to them?

The reason that I am still with the game after 4 and a half years is that they have, wisely, not listened to a lot of the people who want stuff to be account-wide. I need to be able to start a new character, and do all the quests, character building, and achievements again, from time to time, or the game becomes too boring.

Of course, these days, the game is all about events, both special and holiday. It seems that the game is turning into a permanent floating party. I can't remember the last time I really sat down and leveled a new character outside of an event grind. I have a brand new character on EU that is in the mid-20's, and should get to Level 50 doing nothing more than events. This is not the first character I have leveled up this way.
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree includign undaunted.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • zoltar_666
    zoltar_666
    Soul Shriven
    I've only done the first part of this questline, and I see that the second part is exactly the same. i.e. closing breaches. Is this really the whole questline, doing this annoying task? I pretty much paused before moving forward on this one since the first part was so dull.
  • godosaurus
    godosaurus
    Soul Shriven
    zoltar_666 wrote: »
    I've only done the first part of this questline, and I see that the second part is exactly the same. i.e. closing breaches. Is this really the whole questline, doing this annoying task? I pretty much paused before moving forward on this one since the first part was so dull.

Thats what I mean, its really terrible.
  • godosaurus
    godosaurus
    Soul Shriven
    twev wrote: »

This just disregards the fact that people want to play different characters, to experience the entire game and see what each character plays like through leveling. If they're forced to do the psijic questline again to attain high DPS on a different character, its gonna be a pain in the ass. I'm not saying all achieves should be shared - not all of the grind taken away only the most boring parts of it so people can enjoy the game properly.

You might argue that you don't need the psijic skills for high DPS, yet crushing weapon/elemental weapon is used in most high tier PVE builds e.g magblade, magplar, stam sorc, stam dk etc etc. To get the most damage out of this skill you have to get level 7 in psijic order to unlock spell orb level 2, which takes FOREVER.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then don't do it.

The devs obviously intend that this be earned, per character, and apparently with good reason. If it is too much for you, then don't do it.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Psijic questline Annual Scavenger Hunt has two phases. One, you hunt across zones for time breeches to close. The other phase you follow a trail of shiny lights until you find a dirt mound which you dig up to recover a piece of the Staff of Towers - for all 8 pieces.

After that, there's an actual brief quest.

Its not as bad as all that. The last time someone in the TES series had to hunt down pieces of a staff, they had to run dungeons and defeat Jagar Tharn in order to save Emperor Uriel Septim.

No, ZOS didn't just repurpose the plot of TES Arena, why would you say that?
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have another character that needs some of the Psijic order skills but I dread doing the quests again to get them. It would be nice if they were account wide, but I seriously doubt ZOS would ever do that. They like to watch us grind until our eyes bleed.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    I have another character that needs some of the Psijic order skills but I dread doing the quests again to get them. It would be nice if they were account wide, but I seriously doubt ZOS would ever do that. They like to watch us grind until our eyes bleed.

Precisely how I feel. Unlike re-doing other quests with a new character, there is no way to speed that one up. Go here, go there, corny jokes, ugh.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea seems to be, that guild skills need some kind of grind. The problem with psijic is, that you have to do THIS grind.

You can do fighter's guild grind during some dungeons, questing, etc.

You can do mages guild grind during skyshard grind and questing.

You can do undaunted grind together with skill point grind from group dungeon quests.

But when you do psijic grind, it's just this... Maybe you get a skyshard or mage lore book on the way. So it would be good to do psijic order as one of your first grinds.

1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea seems to be, that guild skills need some kind of grind. The problem with psijic is, that you have to do THIS grind.

You can do fighter's guild grind during some dungeons, questing, etc.

You can do mages guild grind during skyshard grind and questing.

You can do undaunted grind together with skill point grind from group dungeon quests.

But when you do psijic grind, it's just this... Maybe you get a skyshard or mage lore book on the way. So it would be good to do psijic order as one of your first grinds.

Remember that for new players, and new characters, Sumerset is currently the start.

You can pretty easily do Psijic while questing and exploring the world as part of the rest of the game.
  • godosaurus
    godosaurus
    Soul Shriven
    [/quote]

Remember that for new players, and new characters, Sumerset is currently the start.

You can pretty easily do Psijic while questing and exploring the world as part of the rest of the game.[/quote]

And for those who have already done it? Those who have already seen the world and just want some skills? They have to do the worst questline again and again
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can pretty easily do Psijic while questing and exploring the world as part of the rest of the game.

And for those who have already done it? Those who have already seen the world and just want some skills? They have to do the worst questline again and again

It is not the worst quest line in the game.

Besides, it isn't a required skill. If you feel that it is desired, then it is not much of a time investment to get it. Pretty cheap, actually. In the end, it is either worth the time, or it isn't. If it isn't, you don't need that skill line.

• wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, anything quest/skill related should not be account wide. Either put up with the "grind" when you want to create a new character or stick with one
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • IndorilArwynLlethran
    Psijic is actually the easiest guild skill line. A bit boring but fast. You also can collect skyshards, books and even close dolmens just because there will be some nearby.