Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Here are several bugs/glitches I have noticed for several weeks..

GreenhaloX
GreenhaloX
✭✭✭✭✭
These are both from PS4 NA and EU and during open world PvE events.

1. Heavy attacks from lightning staff are misfiring often from a combo. For example, you fire off the Elemental Blockade and/or Liquid Lightning, then followed successively by a heavy lightning, but the heavy from the lightning staff is not firing off; no matter how hard I press down on the trigger. I would (often) have to release the trigger fully and repress for it to fire off. This is a big annoyance to me..

2. Particularly all the time for PS4 NA and sporadically for PS4 EU: Skills are not showing the leveling increase. The skills are leveling, but it is just not showing on the actual skill category. Every time a skill reaches the morph point, and it says so on the screen, you still cannot morph. I would have to literally log off and log back on (every time) for things to reset and the skill to show it being able to be morphed. This has been occurring for every skills for every new toons.

3. Still crashing and screen freezes from wayshrine travels and recall travels. Particularly, the recall travels as you have to close app and relog back on. Then, you are charged for the travel, but you're still at the same location and didn't actually travel.

4. 2H greatsword keeps disappearing after a travel from recall/wayshrine or from entering doors or new area. It's there, but it isn't showing. The skills are working, but it just swinging an invisible greatsword. Have to go in the inventory every time and click off and back on the greatsword for it to actually show up.

Among others, these have been the most annoying and can be frustrating at times. I know you all are busy with other stuff and priority, but I hope you good folks at the ZOS land can address these soon. At times, it is just taking away the fun and enjoyment of the game.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lighting heavy is probably missing due to the same bug as dizzing swing/dark flare. Single target channels, require you to always target your enemy with the crosshair till the ability fires off now.

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • PraeliatorPNW
    PraeliatorPNW
    Soul Shriven
    Ive been having the same issue with lightning heavy, i have an enemy targeted and it won't fire, i have to move and try again several times before it actually works. It's been like this for me for at least 2 weeks that I've noticed. Super annoying, since heavy attacks are a big part of my rotation for magicka regen.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    4. 2H greatsword keeps disappearing after a travel from recall/wayshrine or from entering doors or new area. It's there, but it isn't showing. The skills are working, but it just swinging an invisible greatsword. Have to go in the inventory every time and click off and back on the greatsword for it to actually show up.

I've been getting something that sounds like this one, but with two differences.

1. It's not my 2H... it's my dual-wielder. I haven't been able to pinpoint the trigger, though it might be related to swapping to and from her bow?
    2. When the character jumps, I can see that the weapons are "stored" under her feet. They're still part of the model when either stowed or out, but they're about and handspan underground.

A very strange one, to be sure.

Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Lighting heavy is probably missing due to the same bug as dizzing swing/dark flare. Single target channels, require you to always target your enemy with the crosshair till the ability fires off now.

That's not the case here. When you have 6-8 mobs/adds right in front of you, the crosshair is pointing at one or two. Ha ha. Ehh, same with big world bosses, dungeon or delve. I have to release the trigger and press again for it to go off. In the meantime, you're being pommeled and you're not hitting back. Ha ha.. fun times..
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also always pleasant having to close app, reload and relog back on after those awesome travel crashes and screen freezes. Shitt crashing like 2 and 3 consecutive times sometimes. Damn.. This game is a 2-edge sword. You have to like it and hate it at the same times.. ha ha.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been getting something that sounds like this one, but with two differences.

1. It's not my 2H... it's my dual-wielder. I haven't been able to pinpoint the trigger, though it might be related to swapping to and from her bow?
    2. When the character jumps, I can see that the weapons are "stored" under her feet. They're still part of the model when either stowed or out, but they're about and handspan underground.

A very strange one, to be sure.

Yeah.. I get that too. When it glitches, my bow would be right under my feet or I would be swinging with my bow when the bar is actually on the greatsword. It is quite a funny, but annoying, glitch.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn.. finally they got the 2H reticle issue fixed this week (for PvE at least; not sure about PvP, haven't gone in yet.) Oh joy, dancing like a butterfly and stinging like a bee again with the Dizz. The invisible 2H weapon also not fixed. However, the lightning staff heavy attack's intermittent misfires and crashes while traveling to the Anvil wayshrine aren't fixed. The skill leveling issue is also not fixed.

I actually have pinpointed the issue with the heavy lightning attack. It is usually right after dropping the Mage's Wrath (or Endless Fury.) The reticle is on the target, but the heavy lightning won't go off right after Mage's Wrath. It is intermittent; seemingly 2 out of 3, it is misfiring. You have to release the trigger and reapply the heavy lightning for it to go off. However, it has been, at times, where it won't go off after 2-3 successive tries. There is definitely something broken with firing off the lightning staff heavy right after the Mage's Wrath. This needs ATTENTION!

Also, with sorc, I have been finding issue with firing off any skills when the sorc is in its expedition mode. When you pop that Boundless Storm and the expedition kicks in, and when you back paddling or circling, you can't fire off any skills until the expedition expires. It doesn't matter if at a dolmen, world boss pit or dungeon. This needs to be look at as well.
    Edited by GreenhaloX on November 30, 2018 3:09PM
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might not solve but could take care of some. Worth a try.

Look at this thread, this will work on all platforms on the manual entry. PC does now have an addon available that blocks this automatically. Try it, see if it works for you.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/448084/psa-a-simple-trick-to-help-reduce-lag/p1

Addon for PC is ArkadiusGuildRosterUpdateBlock
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Stratloc
    Stratloc
    ✭✭✭✭
    2. Particularly all the time for PS4 NA and sporadically for PS4 EU: Skills are not showing the leveling increase. The skills are leveling, but it is just not showing on the actual skill category. Every time a skill reaches the morph point, and it says so on the screen, you still cannot morph. I would have to literally log off and log back on (every time) for things to reset and the skill to show it being able to be morphed. This has been occurring for every skills for every new toons.
    I've noticed this as well. PC EU.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 2H weapon is still disappearing intermittently, and you still have to go into the inventory to rearm it so it will show on the toon. Still need this fix, but I'm sure it is low on the totem pole of the developers' priority. Also, still crashing when traveling into the Anvil Wayshrine.

However, the big nuisance is the skill morphing issue. This needs higher attention for a fix/patch. Damn, it's becoming a hair puller each time having to travel to a different map zone or log off and back on again to reset so you can actually morph the skill; particularly when you have 10 or more toons to level up. Have been losing a lot of XP from this current New Life double XP event. ZOS, please get this morph bug fix pronto! Hopefully, someone from the developer team is tracking all these.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy lightning still jacked up intermittently. Seems to occurr as follow-up to Elemental Blockade or Mage's Wrath. You hit any of those skills before heavy lightning, and then try the heavy lightning attack as a follow-up, the heavy often does not go off on the first press of the controller's trigger. You have to release the trigger and press it again for the lighting heavy attack to go off. Sometimes, it may take 2-3 releases and presses of the trigger for the heavy attack to work. However, if you press the trigger for the heavy attack without any skill beforehand, the heavy attack will always work.

Also, weapons are still disappearing intermittently after traveling to or entering something or new area. Morphing of skills are still intermittently jacked up. I'm sure these are low on the priority of fixes, but damn, it's all been annoying as *beep* and been jacked up for some times now.