The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Arctic Blast CC - Or Fetcher Infection Fear?

Emphatic_Static
Emphatic_Static
✭✭✭✭✭
I was really hoping to play my Magden in pvp this patch, but I am very disappointed with the outcome of todays testing.

For those of us who have been playing Magden offensively in PvP since it's release, we all have been asking for the class CC to be returned since it was taken from Deep Fissure. Should it have moved from Deep Fissure? Yeah, I think it was a good move. This skill is put down every 3 seconds and thus made your CC totally unreliable - it would land randomly when their CC cooldown ended, not leaving you any chance to line up burst.

I can not for the life of me wrap my head around the decision to tie the stun to an ice heal... It makes no sense in any way, shape or form. I understand you want more people to utilize that tree, but this is not the way to do it. This stun is implemented so poorly I can not justify playing Magden at all this patch.

I believe Arctic Blast is literally the worst stun in the game. Is it dodgeable? Of course. Is it reflectable/absorbable? Yes. Is it the slowest moving projectile stun in the game? Yup. Did I mention it costs almost 4k Magicka?

Swarm, people, Swarm. Wrobel's idea of Fetcher Infection's increased damage every other cast has ALWAYS been a poorly thought out idea. Growing Swarm makes sense as a morph. I would suggest removing the damage increase to Fetcher Infection and increase Growing Swarm damage by 25% - That way PvE Magdens don't lose out on dps. GIVE FETCHER INFECTION A FEAR! Makes sense in every way. Let it be a travel time, but not a projectile that is reflectable. Through block fear. That is what Magden needs to compete in PvP. It even makes sense from a lore perspective. BEEEEEEES AHHHHHHH!

Without this change, Magden is severely pigeon-holed into a support role in PvP - and I refuse to play with that play-style. We are supposed to be able to do what we want in this game, and Magden does great as a tanky support class, but we will never be able to compete with other classes without giving us a fair playing field.

Before everyone starts complaining like I don't know what I'm talking about - know I'm not going to listen to someone who doesn't play the class in an offensive manner in PvP - just because your tank/heal Magden doesn't identify with this problem does not mean there aren't tons of us hating this new CC change.

If you think you have a better solution, i'm all ears. I have been trying to make my Magden compete at a high level as a solo player without having to go the support route and I haven't been able to do so since Clockwork City. Nothing will change for a damage oriented Magden until we gain our CC back in the form of a combat friendly skill - NOT a heal.

So, what do you think?
Static

Stamina sORCerer

Arctic Blast CC - Or Fetcher Infection Fear? 30 votes

Arctic Blast CC is the best thing since sliced bread. *rolls eyes*
23%
susmitdsmunster1404FroilVioletVienced3adpainLosheKrazykov 7 votes
Give Fetcher Infection a fear and boost Growing Swarm for PvE
76%
BennyButtonghoti_stixb14_ESOAsaredkojouDanteYodaVaohfred4Konstant_Tel_NecrisConsum98TheNightflameIZZEFlameLashTolinoMinarasLaureWrathOfInnosWildRaptorXfierackasagasaagasai_Ahala_frostz417ESO_Nightingale 23 votes
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arctic Blast CC is the best thing since sliced bread. *rolls eyes*
    Yeah, let's hand out more NB exclusive stuff to warden. They have our sustain, better burst and now they want our CC.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fear in Swarm has been suggested before and i have to admit im not a fan of the idea. like above said it seems like more of a NB thing. But Arctic just needs to be better. and deal some damage.

Swarm needs a synergy, imo.
    Edited by LeHarrt91 on October 24, 2018 4:38AM
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sadlyi'm not a fan of either idea, i do not PvP but arctic blast was a great skill before the nerf.. Now i don't even use the skill anymore..

Flies skill and its morphs needs a massive dps boost and the stun put on all the morphs..
  • ghoti_stixb14_ESO
    ghoti_stixb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    i don't use swarm so i'm not sure how practical your idea is, although i do agree that being attacked by a swarm of bugs can be terrifying, so it at least does have merit in that regard. here's my idea for people to think about. change arctic blast back to what it was, there are few enough frost damage attacks in this game to begin with. then, change polar wind so that it works like this, if you activate polar wind while:

you aren't targeting anyone, it heals you, just like the base power.

you are targeting an enemy, it heals you and stuns them, with a stun that is actually useful.

you are targeting an ally, it heals you and the ally. that way people who like the ally heal on polar wind don't lose it.

this way, arctic wind is left alone, polar wind doesn't lose it's ally heal (in fact it might be stronger since you get to choose who gets healed) and gains the same stun that the devs seem to think we want. i am never a fan of taking options away from people and this idea preserves that. does this idea make wardens perfect? no, but it also doesn't screw up a lot of peoples already existing builds.

of course they could always do this as well as add the fear of bees into the game, but that seems less likely.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like growing swarm to do more damage either the longer it stays on the enemy or the more it spreads. And the way it should spread is if the swarm is on an enemy and that enemy dies, then any enemy within a, say, 5-8 meter radius should get infected. Much the same as how a dead body might infect someone should they get close enough.

For fetcher infection? Idk give it a stun. Makes sense realistically, as if I got attacked by a swarm of insects while trying to fight someone, I know Id be stunned for a few seconds at least.

Artic blast should do more damage, scale off of magicka, and heal half as much damage. Polar wind should be a magicka based heal AoE where if youre near an ally they get healed. (I dont use polar wind so im not sure if thats how it heals already, so tell me if thats the case).
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like growing swarm to do more damage either the longer it stays on the enemy or the more it spreads. And the way it should spread is if the swarm is on an enemy and that enemy dies, then any enemy within a, say, 5-8 meter radius should get infected. Much the same as how a dead body might infect someone should they get close enough.

Growing swarm already does in fact work in this manner. You place it on a target, and if i recall it reads that when the effect ends, it spreads to nearby enemies. Well, if that target dies, that counts as the effect ending, and it does spread before its regular duration expires. I do agree that the damage needs boosted a bit, which is why I suggest taking the 50% damage boost 50% of the time that Fetcher currently has and giving 25% boost full-time to Growing swarm, keeping the damage of single target the same for pve rotations while maintaining the cleave effect of the dot growing to other targets.

Fetcher fear needs to happen. The magdens who used Arctic Blast are pissed, it was an integral part of their builds.

Where's @Gilliamtherogue when u need him? Tell me, gill, am I crazy on this thread?
    Edited by Emphatic_Static on October 24, 2018 9:10PM
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Growing swarm already does in fact work in this manner. You place it on a target, and if i recall it reads that when the effect ends, it spreads to nearby enemies. Well, if that target dies, that counts as the effect ending, and it does spread before its regular duration expires. I do agree that the damage needs boosted a bit, which is why I suggest taking the 50% damage boost 50% of the time that Fetcher currently has and giving 25% boost full-time to Growing swarm, keeping the damage of single target the same for pve rotations while maintaining the cleave effect of the dot growing to other targets.

Fetcher fear needs to happen. The magdens who used Arctic Blast are pissed, it was an integral part of their builds.

Where's @Gilliamtherogue when u need him? Tell me, gill, am I crazy on this thread?

I dont see anybody else wanting to put a fear on that skill. What youre suggesting is for it to be a fear and a dot so it deals damage while the enemy is feared, am I correct? As far as I know, the NB fear doesnt work like that, and the fear is also something that only the NB has and no other class right?
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont see anybody else wanting to put a fear on that skill. What youre suggesting is for it to be a fear and a dot so it deals damage while the enemy is feared, am I correct? As far as I know, the NB fear doesnt work like that, and the fear is also something that only the NB has and no other class right?

I don't even care about the dot, you could remove it completely. I believe fear is exclusively night blade. I don't even care if it's a fear, i just thought it would fit the concept of swarm CC. Non projectile, non dodgeable, through block stun, much like fossilize or rune cage, that is what I am afer, and fear just does exactly that. Our old CC, though unreliable, wasnt getting reflected in our faces. Doesn't need to be a fear, just don't want a projectile tied to a heal that misses all the time or is reflected/absorbed/blocked. The class needs a CC that is comparable to the others in the game. Even Templar javalin is waaaay better as the travel time is almost instant, Damn near impossible to block in time. Arctic blast is a joke, and it messed up A bunch of people's builds that were already utilizing that skill. They failed hard.
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda weird having a stun on a skill that has a slow travel time and is also a strong DOT, anyway neither for me, i manage pretty well without a stun and i don't have a free skill spot anyway.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS just need to admit that they were wrong and add the stun back to Deep Fissure and Crystal Frags. That alone would solve a lot of the issues plaguing magsorcs and magwardens in PvP right now. No one was complaining about these skills before they nerfed them.

But that would make too much sense for ZOS, so...
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't ask for fear on swarm

it will end up like rune cage
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    don't ask for fear on swarm

it will end up like rune cage

Or fossilize...
    Playing since beta...
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As much as I would love for them to revert the changes to Arctic Blast and put a cc on growing swarm, I still feel like making a request for anything is like making a wish on a monkey paw. You may get what you ask for, but it will be in a way that is completely different from what you wanted.
    Playing since beta...
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arctic blast was ruined. Adding a stun or a fear to growing would be much better if they don't want to fix blast. We need arctic wind to get that blast damage so polar inherits the chill procing damage making it better certain scenarios than budding seeds and making it the defacto tank morph so that blast can get a mag and spell dmg scaling version of old blasts damage.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arctic blast was ruined. Adding a stun or a fear to growing would be much better if they don't want to fix blast. We need arctic wind to get that blast damage so polar inherits the chill procing damage making it better certain scenarios than budding seeds and making it the defacto tank morph so that blast can get a mag and spell dmg scaling version of old blasts damage.

The only thing growing swarm needs is a damage buff. If you want to add a stun or fear, give it to the other morph. Growing can be the pve morph, while infection can be the pvp morph.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The only thing growing swarm needs is a damage buff. If you want to add a stun or fear, give it to the other morph. Growing can be the pve morph, while infection can be the pvp morph.

There are many things you can give to that skill line. Execute, cc, more damage, aoe etc.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are many things you can give to that skill line. Execute, cc, more damage, aoe etc.

Yeah, but personally, id like for growing to just have the damage increase. Either as a static increase, or have it increase in damage with the more targets it spreads to or something of the sort.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but personally, id like for growing to just have the damage increase. Either as a static increase, or have it increase in damage with the more targets it spreads to or something of the sort.

Anything would be nice tbh.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Yeah, let's hand out more NB exclusive stuff to warden. They have our sustain, better burst and now they want our CC.

NBs have better burst. Isn't too hurt sustain wise. Nerfs NBs suffered is hardly game changing compared to other classes.

As for the OP, this would be an interesting idea.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about neither? Artic blast change is trash, i can agree on that.

I’m not sure the fetcher flies is where to put the cc though... I’ll get back to you on that.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom