Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Waiting on previous request" Guild Bank bug

NupidStoob
NupidStoob
✭✭✭✭✭
When depositing or withdrawing items from a guildbank you regularly get the bug "Waiting on previous request" where you sometimes have to wait up to 20 seconds until you can interact with an item in that guildbank again. This has been around forever and been brought up countless times.

Murkmire addressed a related bug:

"Fixed an issue where depositing or withdrawing several different types of items in rapid succession from a Guild Bank might cause the error "No Permission: Item No Longer Exists" to display."

I had my hopes up that we finally get this fixed as well, but alas not. The same as not being able to stack in guildbanks which makes this even more annoying as you have to remove a bunch of items, stack them in your inventory and then place them back. All the while being frequently told that it's waiting on previous request.

ZoS can you please put some focus on fixing bugs that are around for years and have been reported numerous times? How about no DLC next quarter and instead a massive patch of bugfixes and performance upgrades? Player retention is as important as getting new players.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a real problem
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the "waiting on previous request" is something to do with the client/server confirmations. As it's in place since the item dupe issues at launch. I don't imagine it will go away unless ZOS does a massive overhaul on the way banks work or find a way to speed up client/server communication with guild banks.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SlippyCheeze
    SlippyCheeze
    ✭✭✭
    Tureles is correct: this is literally "we asked the server to do the thing, and we are waiting on it to get back to us."

If that takes undesirably long, such is life. It isn't, as such, a bug. An annoyance, yeah, but not a bug.

One of these days, in my copious spare time, I'm gonna throw together a tiny addon to display a busy spinner while it waits, so at least I get some feedback. One day...
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tureles is correct: this is literally "we asked the server to do the thing, and we are waiting on it to get back to us."

If that takes undesirably long, such is life. It isn't, as such, a bug. An annoyance, yeah, but not a bug.

One of these days, in my copious spare time, I'm gonna throw together a tiny addon to display a busy spinner while it waits, so at least I get some feedback. One day...

If that busy spinner is possible, I think it would make a lot of people at least a bit happier with the current situation. You can tell when it is ready to accept a new deposit/withdrawal instruction because the icons very briefly (in the blink of an eye) refresh, but you have to be staring at the screen to spot that.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

If that busy spinner is possible, I think it would make a lot of people at least a bit happier with the current situation. You can tell when it is ready to accept a new deposit/withdrawal instruction because the icons very briefly (in the blink of an eye) refresh, but you have to be staring at the screen to spot that.
    Agreed. If it helps someone pointed out to me (after three years of these pains) that you can see when it's finished because the number of items in the bank changes. It doesn't change on the client side until the request is finished.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SlippyCheeze
    SlippyCheeze
    ✭✭✭
    The worst is when you get the delay on deposit, because it *does* remove the item from the bag, but you can't do another deposit until it processes, IMO. Anyway, it isn't completely trivial to hook in the "busy spinner", but if anyone else is motivated, you can hook the variety of "move to bank" or "move to bag" functions, and the half dozen "finished moving" events, to start/stop this. Ugly, but functional.

I don't forsee my getting this done soon.
  • ShellaSunshine
    ShellaSunshine
    ✭✭✭
    This has been happening to me since February. I just /reloadui and it fixes it.

I didn't realize it was an actual bug. I just blamed my internet connection because it usually happened during bad weather...
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for me this is the worst bug in the game. that's the main reason i've been playing less. most of the time when i have 1 hour to play i get stuck on the guild bank most of the time i had free to play dealing with the "waiting on previous request" bug.

this bug is so old and so hideous that i'm starting to believe that it is something intentional to frustrate players and reduce the number of players online.
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I know it's confirming with the server to make sure items aren't duplicated. Apparently it was possible to use the guildbank in the past to dupe items. However there must be smoother and less frustrating solutions for it. I think I remember that it was asked about during some dev meeting when talking about Elsweyr and the answer was that nobody is currently actively working on it. Really sucks.