Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My character is continually spinning

j.j.hillsaveryb16_ESO

I have downloaded the Murkmire update and my character is continually spinning.

I have a Mac computer and have had to download the Mojave OS just to get Murkmire to work and now I have this problem.

All advice is most welcome
  • j.j.hillsaveryb16_ESO
    Thank you that solved that problem I now have another one

• Dormiglione
    Dormiglione
    ✭✭
    I would like to play with this new look and feel, but unfortunately I can't.

Due to the spinning problem in Mac Mojave, which can't be solved by checking or unchecking accessibility permissions (absolutely no effect), the game is not playable.

When the mouse pointer is forced to be always visible, in first person view, the spin comes to a halt, when the mouse pointer reaches the exact center of the crosshair. By moving slightly out of focus, the camera follows, but does not come to a stop, because the camera does not correct the mouse position accordingly. For example, if I move to the right, the camera has to follow (and it does) and correct the mouse pointer to the distance followed in the opposite direction (and it doesn't). For this reason, the camera spins around = continues to follow the mouse.

Now that we finally have a gradual mouse accelerator, to make this properly work, it needs a correction at each step, otherwise we are coming back to the rigid movement we had in the past.

When the view changes (e.g. 3rd person view) while the camera is not spinning, all views behave the same. But then, it is impossible to find the crosshair center.
  • Dormiglione
    Dormiglione
    ✭✭
    I fixed it for me with:

SET MouseRawInput "0"

in

UserSettings.txt

No spinning any more ... but also no smoothing.