The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Shadow Image bugged?

Kikazaru
Kikazaru
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm starting to notice that i can't teleport vertically when my shadow image is above/below me on a different level. This usually happens when i'm fighting at a keep or milegate. Is anyone else noticing this or is my shadow image just trolling me.... :\

Edit: Now with video footage on my other post below!
Edited by Kikazaru on October 23, 2018 8:14PM
Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been like that for a while now, did they make it even worse?
    confused24.gif
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does have its fair share of issues but NOW... it's really bad. Totally unacceptable lol.
    Edited by Kikazaru on October 23, 2018 2:54AM
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They broke it with murkmire patch, you often cant teleport up or down, just side to side.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    They broke it with murkmire patch, you often cant teleport up or down, just side to side.

It's working normally in open field, but when u're in one of cyrodill objects, then rip, no vertical teleport, there is "invalid location" message.

I think it has sth with objects being destroyable: outposts, keeps, bridges, gates. That issue was few times reported on PTS but rip, looks like ZOS ignored it.
    Edited by Jaxaxo on October 23, 2018 12:28PM
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have a feeling this is a ninjanerf that slipped into the patch.

It's no coincidence that you can teleport on flag surfaces with no objects/walls/floors between but when you try that on diffrent elevation or behind objects it says "invalid location".

I really do hope it is a bug that gets fixed tough :neutral:
    EU | PC
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully this gets attention @ZOS_RobGarrett @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nvm
    Edited by WaltherCarraway on October 26, 2018 10:11AM
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG5bCl7rVPM

This is what it looks like when i try to do it... ZOS please fix this!!!
    Mizaru

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really it took 6 months to fix that *** last year.

Are you going to break this move every year now?
  • reActor1
    reActor1
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's broken.
    Please add your comment to this bug report.
    [PC][EU]
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, I noticed this too.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is so annoying. Nightblade is literally unplayable for me without shade. It’s the reason I play the class.
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

It's no coincidence that you can teleport on flag surfaces with no objects/walls/floors between but when you try that on diffrent elevation or behind objects it says "invalid location".

Haha yeah i suspect that too. After speed nerfs there arent many ways to escape a chasing zerg and shadow image actually works to 'outsmart' a zerging player. Wouldnt suprise me if it was intended
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is so annoying. Nightblade is literally unplayable for me without shade. It’s the reason I play the class.

You might actually have to fight someone..
    Ow no!
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaime1982 wrote: »

Ow no!

Give us the survivability of stamden, dk, or Templar & no problem!
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • EdTerra
    EdTerra
    ✭✭✭
    Bosov wrote: »

Haha yeah i suspect that too. After speed nerfs there arent many ways to escape a chasing zerg and shadow image actually works to 'outsmart' a zerging player. Wouldnt suprise me if it was intended

Don't worry, they will rework this ability to the ground just like they did for the invisibats "bug" :wink:
    [EU] AD - Erdril v16 N(oo)B | AR40
    [NA] EP - Erdril NB

Still a solo player in this zergfest

Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXPJv3O6DC5ZYECfF3-rQ-Q
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s messed up in BGs too. I forget the map one, but I had problems porting levels on that one map that’s like IC.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RobGarrett Shadow image is broken again into uselessness... Bug can be easly reproducted just as in @Kikazaru vid. Hot fix? Nah... I'm to optimistic...
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RobGarrett Shadow image is broken again into uselessness... Bug can be easly reproducted just as in @Kikazaru vid. Hot fix? Nah... I'm to optimistic...

Hot fix lmao. Shadow images was broke for 6 months on console.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If that's the case then there is no reason to play magblade anymore... It's the only way to escape from spin2win.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭

If that's the case then there is no reason to play magblade anymore... It's the only way to escape from spin2win.

As if shield nerf, path nerf, strife nerf, and impale nerf in the same patch wasn't enough reason.
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

Hot fix lmao. Shadow images was broke for 6 months on console.

It was broke 6 month on pc too. So yeeeee...
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A nerf would be silly because a change like that would defeat the purpose of what "teleport" means by definition. When we use shadow image, we transport ourselves to one point to another without moving through the physical space in between. No such limitations should exist! I still think this is a bug... but who knows with ZOS. XD
    Mizaru

• Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    jaime1982 wrote: »

Ow no!

Give us the survivability of stamden, dk, or Templar & no problem!

Yeah, trying to outheal damage instead of avoiding all damage. Yes, nightblade has way less survibability!
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are some of my testings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tybqq1OY_iY&feature=youtu.be

It looks like there is a problem not only with vertical check but also something on the boundary between inside of the keep and outside of the keep. Definetly a bug.
    Edited by Mayrael on October 28, 2018 4:25PM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭

As if shield nerf, path nerf, strife nerf, and impale nerf in the same patch wasn't enough reason. [/quote]

also an AOE nerf!!! -25% on all of your main skills that not nothing...
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broken

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Tmorrison
    Tmorrison
    Soul Shriven
    This is STILL broken. I have played solely Nightblade since BETA(i like to get really really good with one class in MMOs) and this bug has gotten me killed honestly about 25-35% of the time I ever die in cyrodil as a NB Healer. I rely on this along with cloak/purge to drop HoTs and escape when im targeted...but now I basically am defenseless. I can cloak/aspect of terror but doesnt change the fact players are right next to me who then proceed to either pop a detect potion/AOE spam making surviving impossible PERIOD even against players I can CLEARLY outplay.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Invalid location.
    Invalid location.
    Invalid location.
    Dead.
    Loading screen.
    Blue screen.
    Title.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • THE_BIG_BOSS
    THE_BIG_BOSS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Discussing whats causing this Bug with the Dev Team right now.
    Edited by THE_BIG_BOSS on January 13, 2019 2:34AM