The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stuck in combat bug still not fixed.

ilander
ilander
✭✭✭
So... I was stuck in combat for 7mins after not engaging an enemy in PvP. I'm surprised something as game breaking as this hasn't been addressed yet seeing as it was relatiively fine before Summerset dropped. Just the usual comeback of old bugs when ZOS are dropping a new DLC :neutral:
Most Averagest Player EU PvP - More averager than you'll ever be.. GUARANTEED!

• Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It actually got worse with this patch. Today I was unable to swap gear/skills in pvp as long as anyone in my group was fighting or using a siege miles away...
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the Warden this bug was here since Morrowind, it was never fixed, it wasn't even adressed in pathces.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya the Combat Bug is a pain. If ZOS was going to fix it they would have by now. But that bring up another Question. Can they fix it. And yes I have to agree the bug seems of have gotten worse.
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plenty of times I had to search for a tall cliff to suicide off of (in game) simply because it's the only way I know that guarantees to drop combat. This is in pvp ofcourse.

While we're complaining about unfixed bugs - how's that sprint bug fix going, ZoS? Still stumped?
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will never be fixed. Never ever. It is a feature... not a bug.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rygonix wrote: »
    Plenty of times I had to search for a tall cliff to suicide off of (in game) simply because it's the only way I know that guarantees to drop combat. This is in pvp ofcourse.

While we're complaining about unfixed bugs - how's that sprint bug fix going, ZoS? Still stumped?

Also..sprint bug is a feature.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    it is part of the lazy programming done by ZoS so technically it is a feature that they are just to lazy to actually implement properly.Solving what they wanted to be solved could have been done so much simpler than the kindergarten BASIC implementation I last saw used on my commodore 64.
  • mingimingi
    mingimingi
    ✭✭✭
    bump
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rygonix wrote: »

The slaughterfish of Cyrodiil have gotten so many free meals from me this way...
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes even a respawn doesnt end combat. Really nice game.

Wanting to switch character forces me to close the game Completly cause normal log out isnt possible cause i am stuck in combat for 10 minutes.....

Or a Friend send me potions cause i am in pvp, char cant craft potions. Unable to open my mail to get potions....

Switching skills cause i need another one instead of the one i have. Doesnt work, stuck in combat for more then 10 minutes...

GG ZOS
  • Gatviper
    Gatviper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes typing /reloadui helped me with that, but I agree it was always very annoying. It's not only happening in Cyrodiil, in some group dungeons you're also stuck in combat after a boss, example the forelast dragon boss in Vaults of Madness or the melee boss on the stairs in both Wayrest Sewers versions. Usually /reloadui helps there as well, sometimes not immediately but after a few seconds anyway.
    Life is a ride, like days in a train, cities rush by, like ghosts in the night.
    The rhythm of wheels, time fades away, stations of a journey, destination unknown.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    killahsin wrote: »
    it is part of the lazy programming done by ZoS so technically it is a feature that they are just to lazy to actually implement properly.Solving what they wanted to be solved could have been done so much simpler than the kindergarten BASIC implementation I last saw used on my commodore 64.

Or maybe some of their programmers that wrote the code and systems responsible for this have left the company and there is no one left that fully understand those parts of the code? It would definately not be the first time something like that has happened.

Porting to another zone always fixes these mentioned bugs when they happen; until they happen again of course. However I can see how that is not a viable solution in Cyrodiil...
    Edited by Jayman1000 on November 10, 2018 11:38AM
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Love it when you're spamming Rapids to get somewhere, a dog barks at you, and now you're stuck in combat. :/
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah one of the more annoying bugs in game. I HATE IT!
    at a place nobody knows
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , I've currently been stuck in combat for over 10 minutes presently despite not having been anywhere near and active battle. Please have someone look at this bug. It's crippling in Cyro. You can switch skills, mount, port, even check mail; and it happens way to often.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , I've currently been stuck in combat for over 10 minutes presently despite not having been anywhere near and active battle. Please have someone look at this bug. It's crippling in Cyro. You can switch skills, mount, port, even check mail; and it happens way to often.

I do not think tagging her will change anything. She and others have been tagged in various threads on this subject, with details of the experience, and yet none are listed in the Dev Tracker. It has been a couple weeks since the threads started popping up.
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are incapable of fixing it. At this point there isn't much they are capable of when it comes to maintenance and fixing issues.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    guys its a feature, the new Cyrodill exercise program, run everywhere on foot
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My observation regarding this bug:
    1. It only occures if you are fighting a group (grouped players). Does not occure when fighting solo players or ungrouped players.
    2. "Ball groups" with permafrost, destro ulti, steel tornado skills setup have a tendency to cause it in 100% cases.
    3. Solo players using those skills seems to not couse this bug.
    4. You dont necessary have to fight (deal or receive dmg) to be in combat. All it takes is a large group just to be near - for example - If I stay inside inner keep that is not even tagged and a ball group will take 1 resource - all of the sudden I am in combat.
    5. The only 2 ways (as far as I know) to get rid of "in combat" status:
    1. Kill of a group that "caused" it.
    2. Suicide (example: fall dmg inside the keep).
    And here is the wierdest part:
    I remember when a couple of days ago we took Sejanus outpost. There was a ball group defending it but eventually they failed and simply run off to take Drake. I was waiting 5 min in an empty outpost and was still in combat. Ok, since I was in combat I could not port or mount - so I went back to BRK (on foot). Still in combat. Went back to Arrius (on foot). Still in combat. Went back to Kings (on foot). Still in combat. At this point I simply suicided.
    The wierdest thing is I had no option to respawn here or at the wayshrine. The game simply treated this as if i died to other player although all I had on my death recap was fall dmg. The last dmg taken by an actual player was 30 min ago.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on November 13, 2018 8:45AM
  • Red_Nine
    Red_Nine
    ✭✭✭
    Get this on the dev tracker. It makes Cyrodiil unplayable. The problem is worse than it's ever been.