Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bastion CP

deLioncourt
deLioncourt
✭✭✭✭
So, does Bastion do anything?

Basically, has anyone removed Bastion CP and noticed that their already puny and worthless shields got even smaller, or am I safe removing every CP I have in Bastion, and placing them somewhere else?
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That depends on your max health and max magicka levels.

If you already reach the cap purely through max magicka then you might as well remove Bastion CPs. People pointed that out to ZOS and the fact that Shattering Blows then put additional strain on sorcs are they don't get buffed by CPs any longer but still receive the debuff. They were suggesting to make Bastion the direct counter to Shattering Blows and have it reduce the damage take to shields. But ZOS chose to ignore that.
  • deLioncourt
    deLioncourt
    ✭✭✭✭
    This patch is pathetic, and for the little bit that I got to play today, Murkmire is wholly underwhelming. Ugly fkin zone covered in poop green and poop brown. EVERYWHERE you look, poop colors.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was at 22k hp and 40k magicka, i removed all 20% from cp and was stll at 11k shield. (cyrodiil)

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noted concern with shattering blows.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This patch is pathetic, and for the little bit that I got to play today, Murkmire is wholly underwhelming. Ugly fkin zone covered in poop green and poop brown. EVERYWHERE you look, poop colors.

If your poop is green you may want to get that checked out
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are more wards in the game then annulment and conjured Ward. That node is for them.
  • twofaced
    twofaced
    ✭✭✭
    Shield strength is roughly MaxMagicka*0.288. MaxHealth is around 16k with food. Completely naked sorc can cast max Shield possible. Infused trait became more useless now and Bastion CP is just a joke.
  • deLioncourt
    deLioncourt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »

I never said my poop was green. I said the environment in murkmire has that color tone. It's like Gears of War.

Grey...grey...brownish grey..and greyish brown..some greyish green and a little bit of greenish brown.

Just ugly.
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shimmering shield still benefits from bastion.
    I reckon that any other class but wardens can easily wipe bastion out
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never said my poop was green. I said the environment in murkmire has that color tone. It's like Gears of War.

Grey...grey...brownish grey..and greyish brown..some greyish green and a little bit of greenish brown.

Just ugly.

I like it!
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just ugly.

It's a swamp. Like what did you expect, hiddens cities of neon pink and purple with blue skyscrapers like in bladerunner?
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Psyonico
    Psyonico
    ✭✭✭
    There are more wards in the game then annulment and conjured Ward. That node is for them.

Question: does bastion buff health percent shields?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Psyonico wrote: »

yes.
  • deLioncourt
    deLioncourt
    ✭✭✭✭

yes.

actually no.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

yes.

actually no.

Yes it does.
  • deLioncourt
    deLioncourt
    ✭✭✭✭

yes.

actually no.

Yes it does.

I misread the question.

Bastion buffs everything except The Light Armor shield and the Sorc Shield, IIRC?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

yes.

actually no.

Yes it does.

I misread the question.

Bastion buffs everything except The Light Armor shield and the Sorc Shield, IIRC?

It will even buff those, if you are under the 40% or 50% health cap.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I found out on my mag sorc running roughly 38k mag and 22k/27k health open world/ cyrodiil is this.

Bastion at 72 points my two shield values were 12,247 and 7,779 in Cyrodiil, and 10,895 and 8,716 in open world.
    Bastion at 0 points values were 10,497 and 6,482 in Cyrodiil, 10,895 and 8,716 in open world.

So bastion had no effect on pve but did have an effect in pvp. The curious thing is that Harness magicka was actually less in pvp with the 5000 gain in hp than it was in pve. Had the same magicka so not sure why more health would drop it since the 40% threshold is higher at 27k health than 22k health. It was around a 1000 point drop for some reason.

So at least at these stat levels it seems to matter in pvp but not in pve.

edit: I guess the shield values are still being halved in pvp so for some reason that affected harness negatively while not having that negative effect on hardened. Must be a scaling difference between the two which I am sure there is but am not familiar with the specifics.
    Edited by Ranger209 on October 24, 2018 5:48PM