The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unable to Load a Character after login

Korax
Korax
✭✭✭
Am I the only one getting this issue?

This has been going on for more than a week.
I'm able to logon my account without issue... but once I try to load ANY of my characters it fails 99% of the time and just boots me to the login screen.
At first I thought maybe the instance/area I'm at is overcrowded, bit 99% of the time? really?

So next time I was able to load one, I left one of my characters in the wilderness not near any main city that might be an issue, but the results are just the same.
I can flawlessly and without issue login to my account, but good luck trying to load up a character.

I think in this past 7 days I was able to only to load a character 3-4 times obviously missing my daily rewards.
Is this how you will prevent dedicated players to NOT attain Murkmire next month?

Should I rather wait another 12 months and try playing ESO again once it out of beta allegedly ?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried with no Addons Selected? Addons are not Accessed until character load so that is the first place to check.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    I don't run any add-ons. I'm kinda a non-addon guy :D

Even if thats the case, I think its bad design if addons can cause the engine ( which supposedly controls the execution of add-ons ), be controlled or blocking the engine from doing what its supposed to primarily do.
    Edited by Korax on October 22, 2018 6:03PM
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been able to login past the char loading screen for the past 3 weeks. Maybe once in a thousand tries until I use a wayshrine. Can anyone tell me what's the point of patching Elder Scrolls Offline if you cant login to appreciate the fixes?

I would think fixing the connection issues should be far more important. Why do we have to have network administration skills to MAYBE play this game??

All my other online games works just fine.
    I can boot up World of Warcraft RIGHT NOW and it will work just fine.

Playing an online game should JUST WORK... just like visiting google.com... JUST WORK.
    Its getting old to be an AFK Guild Master all the time for this reason or that reason.
  • DarthVitrial
    DarthVitrial
    ✭✭
    It’s apparently an issue with the Akamai servers zos uses, if you run a path ping or trace route you’ll see it drop at the Akamai servers.
    Too bad zos won’t acknowledge this or do anything about it. How can such a good game have such god awful support?
  • Ciovala
    Ciovala
    ✭✭✭
    Just started happening to me on EU PC tonight.
    Looking for a mature and helpful social guild - play PvE, PvP, and like crafting.
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happened to me a couple of weeks ago.
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • THE_BIG_BOSS
    THE_BIG_BOSS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Passed concern along.
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never should've commented, it just started again x) Karma, I guess
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    Yea I noticed when tracing. I gave up trying to level my Argonian.
    I'm stuck trying to exit a delve with this one.

If I'm lucky enough to get the char loaded after the 1000th attempt, then trying to exit, I just get booted right back to the login screen... then to add insult to injury the game tells me I'm still logged-in after trying to get back in.

ESO is my goto game, so I'm stuck just working, because theres not really anything else I feel like playing. This is really BS... It feels like an endless beta... or lets say a beta thats getting worse by the day.

Looking the quality of ESO versus TES/DOOM its unimaginable that these games are coming from the same group of companies.
    Edited by Korax on November 6, 2018 9:05PM