The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sorcerer Shields, Here we go...

• Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For defence in trials your average stamina group (the 4 staminas that are mandatory in all trials *apart from mini-trials*)
    uses:

- Vigor x4
    - Block (more stamina than mags)
    - Dodge roll (More stamina than mags) / Evasion
    - Blade Cloak / Evasion for heavy dmg encounters *most don't use this anymore as they say "We don't need it".
    - Are the main focus for healers as they are close to tanks.
    - Shields (Current shields fits better for stamina than magica anyway -_-)

Meanwhile mags got:

- Shields (harness on anything and ward on sorc)
    - Heals... DK heals by dmg, Templar heals by dmg (Only if using sweeps), NBs heals by dmg, Sorc heals on critt dmg.
    - Block (We can't really do this as we need stamina to dodge roll one-shots
    - with 100 points into dodge roll, we can do it 3 times.

Stands on ranged in certain fights so are not main focus by healer.
    Stands inside stamina grp on certain fights and deals with the same as stamina do

So when I read all these comments and threads saying that Magica classes should have to build more for defence is something I don't see. Stamina runs 100% class cannon in PvE, they pull far higher numbers than mags. AND by Murkmire have the best defence within trials... This just does not make any sense for me.

And with current shield changes. Shields can easily be used by stamina(Sorc) now as you don't need a massive mag pool for the shield cap anymore, just throw some points into bastion witch has become useless for mags anyhow.

If you want to say anything about "Everyone can block and dodge roll", well. Only stamina and tanks can regain stamina on demand. Magica gotta wait for that 600 stamina recovery to do it's work.

And Also #MagicaVigor! And I'll never use shields in PvE ever again! Healing by dmg is a idiotic design. And if stams gets healing on DEMAND, Magica should to!
    Edited by Kikke on October 23, 2018 1:25AM
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Vixenator
    Vixenator
    ✭✭✭
    So I was away for a short time, didnt realize that the devs decided at the last minute to change the outcome of the shields on Sorcerers. I actually thought 9 seconds is not that bad with a 1 seconds cast, I could learn to live with that. Then I return to this (shown Below:)

Why? Why would you do this, My shield is now just around 8,500 with withmothers Brew. The devs write, "we want players to make interesting choices when making damage shield builds" What like wear Medium or Heavy armor? Say goodbye to Magicka sustain or get really good at staying 90% out of the red in trials. "to make interesting choices" It's like you devs had no idea what you were doing when you made this decision, "well lets see what these people do with this blunder of a mess shall we". In trials, some dungeons depending on circumstance we have to pop our shields.

I understand the PVP issue some ppl are having with shields but this is not the answer.

If anyone has any idea on what to do now with our builds now that our shields have now been diminished to this rubble, I am all ears. Seems to me I may be switching classes.

====================Conjured Ward: The total strength of this ability is now limited to 50% of caster's max health.

Hardened Ward (morph): This morph now only ranks up the damage shield strength, instead of shield strength and caster self-shield bonus.

Developer Comment:
    Spoiler
    We want players to make interesting choices when making damage shield builds. These builds now require a balance of offensive and defensive stats, where previously a damage shield user could go for all offensive stats and also get a large damage shield that mitigated the fact that they had low max health. ===============

I dont have any solutions to what theyve done except to jaw drop and complain. Their reason for it made me fire angry lol.