The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Jewelry Hireling???

ol_BANK_lo
ol_BANK_lo
✭✭✭✭✭
Why no Jewelry Hireling????
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea .. It would help keep those jewels prices in check ..

Everytime I am asked to craft purple or gold jewels, the person asking suffers from a heart attack when I tell him the price.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How may years did it take before being able to unlock a 50/50 'alchemy hireling' (Shadowy Supplier)?

I would expect to wait at least as long for the JC version, likely behind a Skill line passive separate from crafting.

Not saying it's a bad idea. Just saying they won't do it anytime soon, if at all.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would certainly sink a few skill points into a Jewellery Hireling. It would be a good way for ZoS to cut through the enormous grind that jewellery crafting requires. I appreciate that they reduced the need somewhat by cutting the tempers required to upgrade jewellery, but it’s still a very time consuming, very expensive part of the game.

My biggest frustration with jewellery crafting is that it doesn’t seem to reward those who put a lot of effort into the crafting skill lines. Maybe a hireling could get around that too, with more impressive rewards for higher skilled crafters?
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Golden jewelry platings are like 10 000% too rare.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Come on. Its perfectly normal to have played this game since Summerset came out an only have ONE Chromium grain. Why would we need a hireling?

• Carl_Bar
    Carl_Bar
    preevious wrote: »

Everytime I am asked to craft purple or gold jewels, the person asking suffers from a heart attack when I tell him the price.

Wait you can get an alchemy hireling. Where...
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Carl_Bar wrote: »
    preevious wrote: »

Wait you can get an alchemy hireling. Where...

Dark Brotherhood Skill line, Shadowy Supplier. Only problem is it's not mailed to you. You must go thru two loading screens to get. One to get into thieves guild or dark brotherhood lair and anther back out. Another issue is it is not a guarantee drop sometimes it's 5 potions.