Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why cant i make this class

DarkBones
DarkBones
Hi, i like to ask, how come there is no Necromancer class in ESO?
We have it in Skyrim, so why not in here? :(
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because it's not Skyrim...
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There currently isn't (and apparently not planned) a way for players to do Necromancy in ESO.

The closest you can get is Nightblade Soul Magic and Sorcerer Dark Magic.
    Edited by Turelus on October 21, 2018 11:41AM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shanjijri wrote: »
    Because it's not Skyrim...

There are no classes in skyrim, nice try though
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One day...let our dream continue.
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see them releasing a new class any time soon; particularly considering how the Warden release and subsequent dysfunction to trying to make them work has panned out so far. I'd much rather see the development team add depth to each of the class and guild skill lines by adding 1 or 2 new skills to each line. This would allow them to address class/guild pain points as well as further diversifying the flavor and mechanics of builds within combat and gameplay.

The meta unfortunately is rather stagnant within the game, at least for those who wish to do veteran end-game content. Most min/max DPS toons, no matter the class, have virtually the same core skills across all classes; both for stamina and magicka.

Magicka: Inner Light (both bars), Elemental Blockade, Elemental Weapon/Force Pulse, Meteor/Elemental Storm

Stamina: Endless Hail, Caltrops, Rending Slashes (DW)/Reverse Slice(2H), Poison Injection, Vigor, Dawnbreaker

I think, and hope, it's a pretty well known issue to the Dev team. A major part of the combat system is the limited action bar slots and the reasoning behind that decision was to force players to make "tough, tactical choices". Unfortunately, that's not really the case at all, and the parses show that these same few skills continuously outperform any testing parses in which one or two of those skills are not slotted. With 10 slots, 8 if your magicka because of Inner Light, I'd say roughly 60% of the slotted skills are the same across the board for all players who DPS on veteran content.

An infusion of new skills that can add versatile and intriguing options would do a lot for the state of gameplay within ESO at the moment. Sorry for the tangent/rant, lol.
    Edited by Raraaku on October 21, 2018 3:48PM
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Practically speaking, because ZOS made limited classes, and even the Warden didn't see the light of day until Morrowind. And pet classes haven't exactly been the easiest to control in ESO, so there's probably some issues with making necromancy work effectively on a gameplay level.

Story wise, in the beginning ZOS probably figured that all the necromancers were clearly the bad guys in the main quest and the alliance quests, and forgot that this is the Elder Scrolls, where my Nerevarine, Hero of Kvatch, and Dragonborn would like to invite my Vestige to the "We summon/reaminate ALL the dead things" party.

If ZOS could make the necromancy "pets" work well, I'd love a necromancer class.
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raraaku wrote: »
    Stamina: Endless Hail, Caltrops, Rending Slashes (DW)/Reverse SliceCleave Morph(2H), Poison Injection, Vigor, Dawnbreaker

To be accurate, Reverse Slice would be used no matter what for an execute. Going from DW to 2H, you'd swap Rending for a cleave morph, and use Reverse Slice along side.

But to your point; yes, almost all classes use a similar bar set up, for better or worse.

I like the similarities as I can swap from my stamblade to my stamDK, or from my magsorc to my magDK relatively easily.

I can however, understand how this has led to a washing out of class identity.

Bar setup, skill choice, and gear choice are nearly universally the same.
    Edited by boombazookajd on October 21, 2018 4:35PM
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Diablo 3 ;):D
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends what people want in a Necromancer class....

giphy.gif
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DarkBones wrote: »

Because it would be weird seeing Vanus taking a necro to end the Planesmeld.

Necros are the bad guys here... sorry.
    Edited by Xvorg on October 22, 2018 3:46PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because apparently role-playing an "evil" necromancer is somehow not acceptable despite being a long-standing Elder Scrolls option within the conjuration school. Honestly though, I think ZoS doesn't want to add it because they know they can't balance anything right. They seem pretty adamant about not adding more magicka based 'weapons' too (*cough* illusion staves, *cough*), and the frequent release of ability-altering weapons seems to solidify that position. I mean, they couldn't even get Warden right, and only now are starting to make stamina wardens kinda good. Doesn't give me much confidence that they can make another class.

Part of the problem is ZoS has made their own bed by deciding PvP and PvE will both have the same rules when it comes to abilities, and now they have to lay in it.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Honestly, s*** Vanus. He always came off as a high-and-mighty jerk. His hatred towards necromancers is purely based on Mannimarco's horrible practices (murdering his fellow students and such for research and such). It's not like Vanus needs to know how the Vestige beats the bad guys.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »

Honestly, s*** Vanus. He always came off as a high-and-mighty jerk. His hatred towards necromancers is purely based on Mannimarco's horrible practices (murdering his fellow students and such for research and such). It's not like Vanus needs to know how the Vestige beats the bad guys.

Well, it is how the game was writen. If you want a good necro just go back to D2.

Same happens with Skyrim... I wish I had spellcrafting there. Fortunately you can always go back toOblivion and enjoy that spell with invisibility and conjure dremora lord
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique