The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Incoming Murkmire - Will we get free skill respec?

Jamdarius
Jamdarius
✭✭✭✭✭
Title says it all, I do hope we get free skill respec since let's be honest there will be big changes incoming to our skills.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Free class respecs would also be appropriate.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    Free class respecs would also be appropriate.

Appropriate, yes, but not going to happen.

But while we're dreaming, I'd like a free faction change token too.
    Edited by VaranisArano on October 21, 2018 12:24PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, I still haven't had my Devour skill point refunded months later, don't hold your breath!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need CP respecs this time too, because Bastion has been drastically reduced in value.
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I remember a long long long long time ago with such major changes we all had skill lines that has been changed reset, that is why I am hoping we will get free respec again.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They may reduce the cost of respec like they've done in the past.

Also, why do we have to pay to change out cp setup? I mean it would make it much easier to be able to change load outs to test. Instead we have to pay, that's dumb, imo.
    Edited by MajBludd on October 22, 2018 9:40AM
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doubt it, it'll probably be cheaper though
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never tried to respec (my main is level 44, the others are in the low thirties), how much does that cost?
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hope so
    at a place nobody knows
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many senseless gold sinks in this game. The "gold is easy to earn" argument is nonsense. With a game that is constantly changing and also convoluted, it requires you to test different combinations with cp and skills. Different setups between PvP and PvE are also necessary on a large number of builds, and the constant use of gold to do so is senseless. Upgrading gear, crafting and other necessary activities already cost more than enough gold. NERF gold-sinks.
  • Wizhunter
    Wizhunter
    ✭✭
    Come on guys this is Elder Scrolls, Nothing is free.

Wiz
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizhunter wrote: »
    Come on guys this is Elder Scrolls, Nothing is free.

Wiz

I had quite a few free mounts/costumes/pets/crown gems/adorments/even free home ;)

That argument is invalid.
    albesca wrote: »
    I've never tried to respec (my main is level 44, the others are in the low thirties), how much does that cost?
    Think it is 50 gold / skill point so for me its almost 20k / respec... + 3k gold for CP respec, make it so on 8 toons I have and it is quite bit of gold for respec with this patch... Well on alts I do not have all skyshards/PvE skill points. Usually on alts i have 200 skill pts so that makes for all 1 main + 7 alts respec = over 100k gold...
    Edited by Jamdarius on October 22, 2018 11:26AM