The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rain in housing

vivisectvib16_ESO
vivisectvib16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Will there ever be a fix for this? Kind of annoying to see it raining outdoors but also inside your house or cavern. This happens most prominent for me in the Coven cottage and Earthtear cavern.
  • aquiella
    aquiella
    ✭✭✭
    It is happening in my Hall of Lunar House and shouldn't! Also, I don't think it should rain through rocks etc when you build structures.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, it rains on my lovely Redguard canopy bed in Earthtear Cavern. Kind of ruins the setting.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really hate when that happens it does take you out of the moment somewhat. Also kind of related Frank Lloyd Wright the famous architect had a problem with leaky roofs and when one of his clients complained of a skylight leaking on his desk Mr. Wright replied "well then you should move your desk".
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It actually helped remind me why I didn't buy the Witch Cottage before when I viewed it while raining.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this has been fixed now? I was standing in my custom-built home in Moon-Sugar Meadow yesterday and was thrilled to see it raining outside my home but not a drop inside! :smiley: I don’t know whether it’s item(type?)-dependent or if there’s more advanced collision detection. I haven’t experimented since to see what furnishings block rain. I used Elsweyr platforms (both sizes) and rough planks (these to eliminate gaps from the large platforms) for my roof.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    I think this has been fixed now? I was standing in my custom-built home in Moon-Sugar Meadow yesterday and was thrilled to see it raining outside my home but not a drop inside! :smiley: I don’t know whether it’s item(type?)-dependent or if there’s more advanced collision detection. I haven’t experimented since to see what furnishings block rain. I used Elsweyr platforms (both sizes) and rough planks (these to eliminate gaps from the large platforms) for my roof.

Usually, going through a door (that loads a new instance) is the only way to get out of the weather. The Grotto boat up in the waterfall gets rain in it (the furnished version's bedroom location) but the one parked at the docks gets no rain inside. I have never been able to use a crafted or bought structure to block out rain or sunlight outdoors.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aquiella wrote: »
    It is happening in my Hall of Lunar House and shouldn't! Also, I don't think it should rain through rocks etc when you build structures.

Lunar is one of the places where the house is in an open sky, no roof everywhere. You can not ask for no rain if there is no roof.

All the parts covered by stones are free from rain.
    My most recent characters
    AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lauranae wrote: »

Lunar is one of the places where the house is in an open sky, no roof everywhere. You can not ask for no rain if there is no roof.

No, rain should be blocked by structures — tents, platforms, rocks, etc. Rain didn’t come through my platform roof the other day I’m quite sure. It would be nice to know what was changed so that we would know how to build functional roofs (if it is item/type specific). :) Otherwise, I’ll have to conduct some experiments... 🤔
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, rain should be blocked by structures — tents, platforms, rocks, etc. Rain didn’t come through my platform roof the other day I’m quite sure. It would be nice to know what was changed so that we would know how to build functional roofs (if it is item/type specific). :) Otherwise, I’ll have to conduct some experiments... 🤔

Before posting i went into my Lunar house. But i am sorry i still get no rain on the side into the Moongrave fane area

06k6g5e7oxev.jpg
    51wnv9vgpal2.jpg
    ikbq649w1627.jpg

If i sit on the chair near the pictures, yes i will get rain over me, but i am under the sky without no building above my head.

Now, if you build something above, between the sky and the ground, then may be the structure of what you use make the difference

AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The second part of Hall of the Lunar Champion had a room with which we thought were bookcases but turned out to be...something else. That room had rain coming through the roof before.

I have not checked lately, but now that this post has been updated I will visit more often to see if this has indeed been fixed.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The second part of Hall of the Lunar Champion had a room with which we thought were bookcases but turned out to be...something else. That room had rain coming through the roof before.

I have not checked lately, but now that this post has been updated I will visit more often to see if this has indeed been fixed.

infbohx7q22r.jpg

If you speak of this little part so far no rain in it. Is this in another room ?

(I am not saying you are wrong, i am trying to find which part has this problem)
    AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, that room was definitely fixed some time ago now. No interior rain. :)

@Lauranae Oooh, I like what you did with your room! :o The colored lighting and display cases especially caught my eye!
    Edited by Araneae6537 on November 14, 2019 6:58AM
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lauranae Oooh, I like what you did with your room! :o The colored lighting and display cases especially caught my eye![/quote]

THank you!!
    AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

infbohx7q22r.jpg

If you speak of this little part so far no rain in it. Is this in another room ?

(I am not saying you are wrong, i am trying to find which part has this problem)

Ha, it’s hard to say if that is the room, it looks so different with stuff in it!

Good to hear it’s fixed, when I was on earlier today it was not raining so I could not check either there or Earthtear.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, that room was definitely fixed some time ago now. No interior rain. :)

@Lauranae Oooh, I like what you did with your room! :o The colored lighting and display cases especially caught my eye!

This has definitely not been fixed on PS4/NA. It rains both in Hall of Lunar Champion and Earthtear for me.

We did not get a patch for the achievement progress bug last week either.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After the recent patch on PS4 it is STILL RAINING IN MY HOUSES!!!

Why did you fix this on PC but ignore us on console???
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bump...still waiting for reply
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get some kind of comment on this for console/PS4? It's crazy that this hasn't been fixed yet on Earthtear and others. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I believe I pay the same for ESO Plus as PC so I should get all of the same bug fixes. We have been waiting a long time for this.

It doesn’t have to be a special patch, just please add it to the next one for console.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get some kind of comment on this for console/PS4? It's crazy that this hasn't been fixed yet on Earthtear and others. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Seriously. Tired of my cottage having the leakiest roof in tamriel.