The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Damage vs Drain Health poison?

thegreatme
thegreatme
✭✭✭✭
This is probably a dumb question or whatever, but basically, need to complete an alchemy master writ, used the Alchemy Calculator, and I can get all the 3 traits I need, but it always becomes a Drain Health Poison IX instead of a Damage Health Poison IX. I assume they're not one and the same?

I need to make a Damage Health Poison IX with Ravage Health, Ravage Magicka, and Speed.
Blessed Thistle + Emetic Russula + Scrib Jelly
Or Blessed Thistle + Violet Coprinus + Scrib Jelly
give me the three traits I need and its a Health poison, but its a Drain instead of Damage. Does that matter? Or is it basically the same thing?

I've been trying every combination possible with the alchemy calculator for the last two hours but can't get a single 3-ingredient potion with the Damage name instead of Drain.
Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
◙ Gloam Indrik
◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
◙ /honorloop emote
◙ cross-legged sitting emote
◙ Evergloam house
◙ Hagraven Polymorph
◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are not the same ... use the positive (white) effect reagents on your poison. That should do the trick. ;)
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use damage ones

Nirnroot
    Nightshade
    Spider egg

I believe one of those will work
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The calculator is getting the names backwards, if you're using the one on UESP. Use reagents that have a ravage health effect to make a damage health poison. Use reagents that have a restore health effect to make a drain health poison.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try using Sunshine Daydream's Guide to Alchemy: Master Writs. You should find the answer there :)

P.S. In this particular case, the solution is Alkahest + Blessed Thistle + Emetic Russula + Scrib Jelly.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I figured it out. UESP's turns it into "Drain Health Poison" but in game its a Damage Health Poison. Hopefully they'll update that.
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thegreatme wrote: »
    Thanks. I figured it out. UESP's turns it into "Drain Health Poison" but in game its a Damage Health Poison. Hopefully they'll update that.

Summoning @Reorx_Holybeard just when there’s a free moment ... to update the UESP at their convenience.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damage = Pair Reagents with the words Ravage in front.