The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Monster Sets vs. Weapon Sets?

InFernalEntity
InFernalEntity
✭✭✭
I'm working on a 2h/DW DoT build using sets I've previously theorycrafted with (Vipers + Sheer Venom) for Battlegrounds.

Class would be either DK or Sorc.

I would definitely be slotting Whirlwind and Reverse Slash to proc Sheer.
Most likely also slotting Cleave and Twin Slashes.
Possibly Flurry.

So as per the title, is it worth running a weapon set such as a 2h Masters Axe/ vMA Axe + Dagger?
Or would it be better slotting the 5pc sets on weapons and using a monster set instead?
If a Monster set is better, which ones would work best for a melee sorc/DK?

I'm thinking vDSA 2h axe
vDSA axe and dagger
vMA Axe and Dagger

OR

Selene's
Stormfist
Velidreth
XBOX GT: InFernal Entity

Zoarava the Dark Reaper - Level 50 Khajiit Stamblade
Valyria Uviryoni - Level 50 Dunmer mDK Vampire
Pale Shade - Level 50 Argonian NB crafter

Best Answers

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd probably just run sheer venom 2h and master dw with a monster set.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Answer ✓
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of those monster sets are good in PvP. Waste of a slot they're so easy to dodge. If you want an offensive monster set use Balorgh or Slimecraw, for defense there's a ton of options like Bloodspawn, troll king, earthgore.

You should always make room for a monster set in PvP, they are very good.
    Answer ✓
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smarter idea: Use 3-piece Agility on the jewellery slots (for added stamina and weapon damage), that way you can utilise one 5-piece set on the Chest, Waist, Hands, Legs and Feet, a monster set on the Helmet and Shoulder slots, and be able to wield an arena set weapon on both your hands.

this will help with stamina builds a fair bit.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Velidreth

Good choice, procs on my brawler all the time.

Also, completely unrelated, with the incoming shield nerfs, i predict a surge in Infernal Guardian monster set users.
    I switched to it on my MagSorc and it's been a lot of fun.
    w00t.gif

• Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also run a setup, where one specific 5th piece bonus is only active on one bar and on the other you carry some msa, AS or dsa weapons. Sets fitting in the could be something like ravager, seventh legion, briarheart or veiled heritance. Those sets will proc their effects for a short perdiod, therefore you can easely swap to the special weapon bar after the proc and still have the last bonus actice due to the proc. With this comninations, you can have two complete 5 piece sets, a monster set and a special weapon set.

I recently saw a buildvideo of somebody running briarheart, seventh legion and special weapons together on a stamsorc with a monsterset. /th legion was active all the time, meanwhile briarheart was only complete on one bar. the other bar now would be free for master dual wield or for a AS, dsa or msa 2h weapon.