The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Suggestion: Skill Cosmetic Skins

HeroOfNone
HeroOfNone
✭✭✭✭✭
Much like the skin change options we have for the warden bear I would like more ability animations and skin options that we could purchase. In a game with so many cosmetic options I think this could be another way to distinguish your character. I've mentioned this in other replies but felt this needed it's own topic.

These cosmetics could include:
1. Color changes on abilities. As an example a flame DKs could use a "coldharbor fire" cosmetic to change their orange flames into blue flames
2. Animation flourishes/changes, things like dual wield flurry could be done with an over hand stabbing motion rather than underhanded.
3. Changes to summonable pets, such as the sorcerer pets. For example a sorceror might summon a harpy rather than winged twilight (but with the same effect)
4. Options on dragonkight standards for guild, alliance, or a custom banner. The customs might include things like Daedric Prince sigils.
5. Skin changes to shapeshifting/mode change abilities like werewolf or sorcerers overload. The werewolf one has been big item in other topics.

What this should not include/do:
1. Speed up animation times
2. Change effects or buffs
3. Increase/decrease damage
4. "Dying" abilities, as you would not want a green painted AOE that would damage players

I know there have been a few similar topics to this in the past, but most focused on class based chanfes. I see including so much more from class to weapon, to guild abilities. If we had these options I'm certain a lot of players would buy them =3.

Thanks for your time and for reading!
Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah there's been many discussions on this, mostly for the warden companion line. But theres talk for Dark Templars, Blue fire as you said etc
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AndrejLeo wrote: »
    yeah there's been many discussions on this, mostly for the warden companion line. But theres talk for Dark Templars, Blue fire as you said etc

Most of the warden ones seemed pretty old (over a year for most) and were limited to just warden as you said. But with just sorcerers alone I could see a whole necromancer pack for their skills, or coldharbor overlay for DKs. Hopefully this distinguishes things enough to catch the dev's attention.
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »

Most of the warden ones seemed pretty old (over a year for most) and were limited to just warden as you said. But with just sorcerers alone I could see a whole necromancer pack for their skills, or coldharbor overlay for DKs. Hopefully this distinguishes things enough to catch the dev's attention.

"necromancer pack" fam we need a necromancer class :joy::joy:
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    This sounds cool Id like blue flames lol
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"necromancer pack" fam we need a necromancer class :joy::joy:

I trust it's eaaier to make the cosmetics more than balance 3 new skill lines right now. Replacing the existing pets should be simple

Scamp = zombie
    Winged twilight = skeletal mage
    Clan fear = Bone Colossus/flesh gollem
    Storm attronach = lich

I think most of these could be paired off to do the same thing as their daedra counterparts
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    These cosmetics could include:
    1. Color changes on abilities. As an example a flame DKs could use a "coldharbor fire" cosmetic to change their orange flames into blue flames
    2. Animation flourishes/changes, things like dual wield flurry could be done with an over hand stabbing motion rather than underhanded.
    3. Changes to summonable pets, such as the sorcerer pets. For example a sorceror might summon a harpy rather than winged twilight (but with the same effect)
    4. Options on dragonkight standards for guild, alliance, or a custom banner. The customs might include things like Daedric Prince sigils.
    5. Skin changes to shapeshifting/mode change abilities like werewolf or sorcerers overload. The werewolf one has been big item in other topics.
    /quote]

yes to all of this, in fact i doubt it would take much work since most are simply colour changes or reusing existing assets.
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion