The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pirate First Mate’s Outfit — question about hiding "helm"

TheYKcid
TheYKcid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This costume is now a limited-time offer in the Crown store for 40 gems. This is what it looks like previewed on my character:

xkrd3MY.png

What I wanted to know is: will the "hide helm" option, when used on this costume, hide the headscarf? Any input is greatly appreciated!
Edited by TheYKcid on October 17, 2018 2:44PM
PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it will.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have this and can confirm it does
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It does, and it looks great.

If I recall correctly, my only real complaint about that outfit set is I *think* you can't dye the reddish handkerchief tucked into the belt? Other than that, it's pretty spiffy.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If I recall correctly, my only real complaint about that outfit set is I *think* you can't dye the reddish handkerchief tucked into the belt? Other than that, it's pretty spiffy.

You can dye the scarf, but it tends to look a bit dull even when dyed with bright colours. Doesn't bother me because I think that works with the overall look of the costume, but it might bother some people.

The bit you can't dye is the bandolier (strap) across the chest. It has a dye channel but the dye only tints it, it always looks dark brown.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know there was a hat LOL

I may have to unhide it on the alt wearing it.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does this look on the ladies? I’m not at my PC to preview.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, guys! I'll almost certainly be getting the costume now. I actually like the headscarf—it's very thematically appropriate on my Redguard. Just wondered if it could be toggled-off for use on other toons.

@qbit there are some pictures on https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/pirate-first-mates-outfit/
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies, guys! I'll almost certainly be getting the costume now. I actually like the headscarf—it's very thematically appropriate on my Redguard. Just wondered if it could be toggled-off for use on other toons.

@qbit there are some pictures on https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/pirate-first-mates-outfit/

Thank you! I like it (minus the head piece)
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

You can dye the scarf, but it tends to look a bit dull even when dyed with bright colours. Doesn't bother me because I think that works with the overall look of the costume, but it might bother some people.

The bit you can't dye is the bandolier (strap) across the chest. It has a dye channel but the dye only tints it, it always looks dark brown.

That's right. I knew there was something that didn't dye well about it (but tbh, I think it looks pretty great undyed).
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub