The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Is Fossilize buggy for anyone else?

Valykc
Valykc
✭✭✭✭✭
Last night in Vivec, I’m trying to use this skill on people without CC immunity, and they are like standing right next to me and this skill is just not going off at all. I have to basically be inside somebody with my crosshairs in their mouth to MAYBE get this skill to work. Is this happening to anyone else, is there known bugs with this skill, is it lag, or am I just bad? Haha

Thanks!
Edited by Valykc on October 17, 2018 12:23PM
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been like that since the last major patch. Only happens sometimes though, haven't been able to figure out what causes it. Same thing happens on certain power lash procs too. Proc becomes available, but is grayed out like it's on CD even if it's the first time you try to power lash. It's aiight though, ZOS wants to make the game as hard as possible for magdk, just gota push through lol.
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's probably lag. The person you see on your screen is not where they actually are according to the server, so they are out of range when you try to use the skill.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The was a bug recently that people had infinite cc immunity if they died while being cc'd. Not sure if it was causing them to be infinitely immune or if it was just a bug that showed up on the player side. I have seen a few threads saying that the immunity bug was causing skills like petrify to be grayed out during a fight when tested. My though is this bug has been around for at least a year... why the hell isn't it fixed yet if this is what is still causing the issue? I can imagine people dueling each other to get this immunity bug and then going to Cyrodiil.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, well I experienced the bug with it being grayed out with other skills before but this wasn’t the case, i think it may be what @NBrookus stated, maybe it was lag, cuz it was acting like I was out of range when I wasn’t. I dunno, this game is so unstable in Cyrodiil it could be anything
    Edited by Valykc on October 17, 2018 3:30PM
  • PoseidonEvil
    PoseidonEvil
    ✭✭✭
    phew,,,i thought this was only me at first lol. i thought it had a hidden cool down somewhere, but like someone said you have to literally have your cross hairs inside of an enemy :(

hope its fixed soon
    In-game ID: alchelvly
    Phixeon Maghi -- Breton Healer
    Harrow the Souleater -- Breton Necro Healer
    Krogyle dro-Smoketh -- Orc Stamdk
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valykc wrote: »
    "I have to basically be inside somebody with my crosshairs in their mouth to MAYBE get this skill to work."

HEY!! We can't have none of that! This is a public forum! Kids could see this! Shame on you...

But yeah, seriously, this skill kinda sucks, on both ends. Doesn't fire when it seems like it should, can't break out of it with a full stam bar, can be applied to you before your CC immunity "should" be up, yet can't be applied to enemies who "should" be CC'able. Fossilize is finicky. But it's also probably one of the best CCs in the game. Go figure. *shrugs*

Edited by GreenHere on October 19, 2018 12:04AM