The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New Weapons

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A pike? If we're going to add pointless weapons, at least give us some nunchucks
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A pike? If we're going to add pointless weapons, at least give us some nunchucks

Yes nunchucks pwease
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Shot-Gunchuks!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would seem to reason that if Zos were to add a new damage focused weapon line to the game it would be magicka based.

After all there are 3 stam based damage weapons in the game and only 1 that fits the bill for magicka.

Sorry to toss logic into this discussion.
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    It would seem to reason that if Zos were to add a new damage focused weapon line to the game it would be magicka based.

After all there are 3 stam based damage weapons in the game and only 1 that fits the bill for magicka.

And weapons are supposed to use stam based and class skills are supposed to use magicka. So unless you want staves to use stam and have an ability to be morphed into magicka, it doesn't hold much water.
  • Alowishus
    Alowishus
    ✭✭✭
    H2H!
    Maybe even with the option to "imbue fists" to make them magicka based.
    ESO Wishlist: Housing (Thank you!) Jewelrycrafting (Thank you!) Hand-to-hand skill line.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Allow us to kick people for a knock back, lol :smiley:
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shot-Gunchuks!

Sword-Chucks, yo..

https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1022440-8-bit-theater
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Boomerang, pike, flail.

If you don't think this game needs flails, we have some serious disagreements.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Give Magic Harry Potter Wands?
  • PathwayM
    PathwayM
    ✭✭✭✭

And weapons are supposed to use stam based and class skills are supposed to use magicka. So unless you want staves to use stam and have an ability to be morphed into magicka, it doesn't hold much water.

If weapons are supposed to always be stam based then why do staves exist? It is possible to add new weapons that are magicka based. A couple examples might be skill lines for things like orbs/wands/spellbooks. It's completely possible to combine those types of magical weapons with things like shields or 1-handed weapons or even dual wield them.

I think it would be awesome to also have an unarmed skill line as well.

It would also be great to have a skill line more dedicated to a stamina support role, kind of like how the resto staff fills the magicka role, but not necessarily a weapon line.
  • nemvar
    nemvar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is that pikes are better in single combat than twohanded, onebladed, one and a half meter long axes. Facts.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really. What you have said here does not hold up in ESO. Clear as water.
    Edited by idk on October 16, 2018 5:31PM
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YRpEIQB.png
  • Madhattr64
    Madhattr64
    ✭✭✭
    I want a Scythe for my Grim Reaper. They are in game as decos but not as useable weapons.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Madhattr64 wrote: »
    I want a Scythe for my Grim Reaper. They are in game as decos but not as useable weapons.

Soul shriven 2h axe
    Edited by Kanar on October 16, 2018 5:55PM
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want all ant-man abilities! :smiley:
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still miss throwing stars.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More likely they would do spears, or something specific that has been in previous games. However, I think we can be confident that the next weapon would probably be a magicka weapon (most likely 1h & rune or 1h & scroll, or something similar).
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allow us to kick people for a knock back, lol :smiley:

They should, I mean they gave a boss in black heart haven that ability.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO_GOD wrote: »
    Boomerang, pike, flail.

If you don't think this game needs flails, we have some serious disagreements.

This I highly agree the game should of had flails.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nemvar wrote: »
    Funny thing is that pikes are better in single combat than twohanded, onebladed, one and a half meter long axes. Facts.

@ZOS_GinaBruno gimmie my pikes.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ramber wrote: »
    I want all ant-man abilities! :smiley:

NAW I want black panther h2h bb
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    More likely they would do spears, or something specific that has been in previous games. However, I think we can be confident that the next weapon would probably be a magicka weapon (most likely 1h & rune or 1h & scroll, or something similar).

Dat be like dynasty warriors yo
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Starlock wants to see for new weapon lines:
    • One-Handed. Yes, just one weapon, in one hand. I was building a swashbuckler character once... up until the point I realized that the game doesn't let you use any weapon skill lines doing things that way. It was a sad day. Especially since you can do a single one-handed weapon in pretty much every single Elder Scrolls game ever made except this one.
    • Unarmed. Here's another one that has been present in many previous Elder Scrolls games but was just left off our list for ESO. I like the idea of a monk class too, but I think unarmed fighting styles should be accessible to anyone. I could see the heavy attacks restoring magicka or stamina... possibly both in halved amounts.
    • Crossbow. This would be the most challenging to develop animations and models for, and might be too similar to bow to warrant its own line. But I want it anyway. I would drop bow on my artificer in a heartbeat if there was a crossbow weapon skill line.
    • Alteration Staff. Frost staff tanking, while an interesting idea, is just too half-baked. Alteration staves would be a dedicated weapon line for magicka tanking, only properly baked. Telekinesis for chains/pull, an active taunt skill, ebonyflesh spells for defense, perhaps a passive to bust locks, reduce falling damage, or grant elemental cloaks that damage attackers.
    • Illusion Staff. This weapon line would focus on crowd control effects. Pacify mobs attacking you, fighting on your side for a while, paralyze foes, or fear them away. Or grant you and allies various minor buffs to rally them to the fight. And of course, invisibility - not just for nightblades anymore.
    • Conjuration Staff. Lots of possibilities here, such as putting daedra mobs under your control, summoning skeletons, raising zombies, or creating fire/frost atronachs. Or, you can transform your staff into a bound weapon to use it as a melee attack as a bound sword/axe/mace.
  • Alowishus
    Alowishus
    ✭✭✭
    @Starlock
    Got some interesting ideas there imo. I can see a magicka tank build conjuring some daedra or atronachs then swapping to alt staff.
    ESO Wishlist: Housing (Thank you!) Jewelrycrafting (Thank you!) Hand-to-hand skill line.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    wE nEeD nEw WeApOnS iN tHis gAmE yO!
    Been there, posted that: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/371862/additional-weapon-skill-ideas-mk-ii ;)
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Handbags.
    and
    Something beyond human comprehension.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can I kill people by swinging a pencil around, I want to be a cool assassin. Pls zos thx bye.
    Edited by Nyladreas on October 17, 2018 1:13AM
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Desperately needed.