Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dedicated Healers get minimal Metals

Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
So lets talk about the state of medals that dedicated healers get in Battlegrounds, which are none. Healers should get assists if they're healing an ally who gets the kill. That's how pretty much every game treats getting assists, you're assisting in getting the kill.

Here's an average game I had where I got 874k heals which arguably kept the DPS alive so they could capitalize on those kills. Yet, I got 5 metals total whereas your DPS get three times as much as me. Battlegrounds favors DPS, 100%, and it's quite discouraging from playing.

641fb950e0b6e88878dfef1155622801.png

@ZOS_MichaelServotte @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GaryA
PC-NA
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You need to get critical heal medals (burst heal for 7.5k). Try to focus on getting these medals as much as possible.

They equal the same as killing blow medals.

I've had the most success getting them when I have Major and Minor Mending both applied and I let my teammates health drop a bit.

Here is an example of what I mean:

f66d9e92-d671-4e69-8d11-4fcb9fae3199.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=ZdOtgUUMWVUncmln9VWZFAe%2F9oW85YklDZKUH9pBlqI%3D
    Edited by brandonv516 on October 16, 2018 12:59AM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So lets talk about the state of medals that dedicated healers get in Battlegrounds, which are none. Healers should get assists if they're healing an ally who gets the kill. That's how pretty much every game treats getting assists, you're assisting in getting the kill.

Here's an average game I had where I got 874k heals which arguably kept the DPS alive so they could capitalize on those kills. Yet, I got 5 metals total whereas your DPS get three times as much as me. Battlegrounds favors DPS, 100%, and it's quite discouraging from playing.

You need to play a better healer. Sorry but in my honest to god opinion 0 assits & 32k damage is inexcusable, esp for TDM. The recent change to healer medals has been a god send and most of us frequently land 1st or 2nd. It is most definitely not 100 percent dps focused. You meed meaningfull burst heals which account for alot. The scoring system attempts to not reward unimpactfull healing such is long running minor hots etc etc.

You need to use clutch burst heals and you need to have some form of actual lethal.
    Edited by exeeter702 on October 16, 2018 7:31PM
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need to get critical heal medals (burst heal for 7.5k). Try to focus on getting these medals as much as possible.

I've had the most success getting them when I have Major and Minor Mending both applied and I let my teammates health drop a bit.

f66d9e92-d671-4e69-8d11-4fcb9fae3199.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=ZdOtgUUMWVUncmln9VWZFAe%2F9oW85YklDZKUH9pBlqI%3D

that is a disgusting amount of healing I would just back out of that bg, did your teammates even slot heals lol
  • LaveniaRose
    LaveniaRose
    ✭✭✭
    Can we clarify the type of metals that healers are missing out on? Normally, I'd skip being the grammar police. But now I'm going to spend all afternoon distracted, wondering if it's chromium, titanium, or 304 SS.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »

that is a disgusting amount of healing I would just back out of that bg, did your teammates even slot heals lol

Believe it or not, the guy on my team in last place had like 400-500k healing also.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's bs, my warden healer stacks 3 to 4k per second of healing before i even really start healing. Calling that non impactful is moronic. It keeps my team on offense.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's bs, my warden healer stacks 3 to 4k per second of healing before i even really start healing. Calling that non impactful is moronic. It keeps my team on offense.

The way the medal system works in regards to healing, it only favors the following dedicated healers:

Nightblade
    Sorcerer
    Templar

I can get a burst heal over 7.5k in no CP with each of these above classes due to their skillset. I can't say the same for Warden or Dragonknight.

Warden is still an impressive healer but as a DK I can't personally make it work just putting out heals.

If you can't put out burst heals to attain Critical Heal medals, you need a Destruction Staff on your backbar and slot Elemental Blockade to rack up Assists.
    Edited by brandonv516 on October 17, 2018 12:50AM
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

You need to play a better healer. Sorry but in my honest to god opinion 0 assits & 32k damage is inexcusable, esp for TDM. The recent change to healer medals has been a god send and most of us frequently land 1st or 2nd. It is most definitely not 100 percent dps focused. You meed meaningfull burst heals which account for alot. The scoring system attempts to not reward unimpactfull healing such is long running minor hots etc etc.

You need to use clutch burst heals and you need to have some form of actual lethal.

"Dedicated Healers"

Learn to read before telling people to get better. A healer's job is to heal and support, not do damage.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Zukasha
    Zukasha
    ✭✭✭
    Damage can also be some kind of support and there is no reason to not utilize this type of support as a healer, especially with skills providing utility in addition to dmg (eg. frost blockade for root/snare, deep fissure for aoe breach, sleet storm for cc + protection).
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    exeeter702 wrote: »

"Dedicated Healers"

Learn to read before telling people to get better. A healer's job is to heal and support, not do damage.

Semantics. You can label it anyway you want. I wasnt describing some kind of hybrid. Let me be more clear, IMO the truly effective dedicated healers are the ones thst understand the importance of processing pressure along with supporting their group. Its one of the reasons critical burst healing and dmg+assists will net healers the most medals.
    Edited by exeeter702 on October 17, 2018 3:58PM