The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

About Nocturnal's model...

Lyserus
Lyserus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I know ZOS has this “no model change after publish” policy, but here is the thing...

I hope ZOS in later contents can explain that during that time Nocturnal due to reasons had to possess that redguard woman's body, so she had to appear as her.

I hope we can rescue, or at least talk to her (the possessed)about what happened, so that we can justify why Nocturnal appeared so “out of her style”
  • Shraar
    Shraar
    ✭✭✭
    I recently finished that quest and while she doesn't really compare to Mephala's unique model, I saw nothing wrong with her model. She's even wearing the same dress she did in Skyrim, which I liked. What was the problem?
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shraar wrote: »
    I recently finished that quest and while she doesn't really compare to Mephala's unique model, I saw nothing wrong with her model. She's even wearing the same dress she did in Skyrim, which I liked. What was the problem?

She looked like a cosplayer, who grew really tall, and even Clavicus had a better model
    so in TL:DR if they planned to make her the main antagonist they could have made her more esoteric then she is currently
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shraar wrote: »

Nocturnal-Mistress-of-Shadows-2-1.jpg
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Her statue is amazing.

Her model in the quest? Not so much, especially since she's supposed to be the main antagonist or somesuch. It's just a serious letdown, that I truly wish they would go back and remediate. They won't, because they have some blanket rule about not going back and addressing old assets even if they need addressing, but I really wish they would.
  • TheKingofSass
    TheKingofSass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tfw a carved stone looks more appealing then yourself. Gosh, they could have taken that statue model, rigged it and giving it proper texture, and it would still look 100x better then... the current tragic display.
    "Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good."

Nifereti
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magblade┇AD
    Alyäia Morningstar
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magplar┇AD
    Poison Avy
    500 CP+┇Bosmer┇Werewolf Stamden┇EP
    Tronto Ebur
    500 CP+┇Imperial┇Frosted Tankden┇EP
    Azaerani
    500 CP+┇Dunmer┇Dovah Kendov MagKnight┇DC
  • Shraar
    Shraar
    ✭✭✭
    Two replies that don't really say much!

@BigBadVolk she isn't a cosplayer though, she's Nocturnal! She looks like Nocturnal! You're not explaining what's wrong.

@raj72616a use your words! That means nothing! I never saw her lift her knee though, is that what people are upset about?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A. Nocturnal is a Redguard in Skyrim. Thats all the explanation you should need. https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Nocturnal

B. ZOS, please fix the low resolution on her model during the final fight!
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A. Nocturnal is a Redguard in Skyrim. Thats all the explanation you should need. https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Nocturnal

The actual 'race' of the npc means nothing--especially when it comes to daedric princes. It's just chosen for the meshes/sliders etc. Why they took that too literally in ESO is beyond me, especially when she's as pale as a ghost and shrouded in shadow.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what would stop her looking like "a budget cosplayer"?

Other daedric princes like Mephala or Molag Bal have unique models because they look decidedly inhuman.

Nocturnal is supposed to look like a human female. How are ZOS supposed to give her a unique model which still looks human?
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numerikuu wrote: »

The actual 'race' of the npc means nothing--especially when it comes to daedric princes. It's just chosen for the meshes/sliders etc. Why they took that too literally in ESO is beyond me, especially when she's as pale as a ghost and shrouded in shadow.

I'll admit the lighting's funky, but I can see the Redguard.
    maxresdefault.jpg

Yes, ZOS went with a darker skin tone, but okay? Its still pretty clearly pulled from Skyrim.
  • rune476
    rune476
    ✭✭✭
    Doesnt help shes just standing there in almost T pose. Just looks really bad, especially when they scale up her model for the finale. Needs a lot more detail. A unique face and long hair would go a long way. Perhaps even a unique dress.
    600px-ON-npc-Nocturnal_02.jpg
    latest?cb=20180612060843
    molag-bal-teso.jpeg

One of these is not like the other...
    Edited by rune476 on October 15, 2018 4:20PM
    Im not your pal, beeko.
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rune476 wrote: »
    Doesnt help shes just standing there in almost T pose. Just looks really bad, especially when they scale up her model for the finale. Needs a lot more detail. A unique face and long hair would go a long way. Perhaps even a unique dress.

And then the forum would be filled with threads asking for the unique dress.
    The way things are now roleplayers can impersonate Nocturnal with total accuracy
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn’t matter to me if she looks like a Redguard woman. What matters to me is that she doesn’t look impressive and unique. She needs an awe inspiring character model.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    albesca wrote: »

The way things are now roleplayers can impersonate Nocturnal with total accuracy

People have been asking for Almalexia’s outfit and ZOS hasn’t released that. Being a unique model that can’t be found elsewhere in game is what people are asking for.
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    albesca wrote: »

People have been asking for Almalexia’s outfit and ZOS hasn’t released that. Being a unique model that can’t be found elsewhere in game is what people are asking for.

this
    PC-EU @lientier
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »
    I hope ZOS in later contents can explain that during that time Nocturnal due to reasons had to possess that redguard woman's body, so she had to appear as her.

Yes, Zos was lazy with the design and decided to stick with a pathetic appearance of a significant character. However, if Zos did not respond to the most significant thread on this subject I do not think we should expect further response on the matter. Pretty sure Zos is done with this.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    She looks bloody awful. Half-assed and done on the cheap. Especially compared to Mephala.

Y'know, I do wonder why the Mephala model is so much better than Nocturnal's because maybe (in my head) having Mephala as the big bad would have made so much more sense than Nocturnal. For so many reasons. Maybe she was meant to be but things ... got changed.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • BWS2K
    BWS2K
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone considered it just a bunch of crows in a Nocturnal costume? The Blackfeather Court is all about that sort of thing.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still don’t know what the fuss is about.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While technically we can't blame anyone for this as Daedric Princes can change their appearance at will, tanned skin usually is being associated with being in the sun a lot, which just goes so much against what Nocturnal is about.
    Sure, she can look like a Redguard if she chooses to. Sheogorath could also look like a cheese wheel if he wanted. It's just a bit disappointing to do this epic quest and then facing someone who is so unlike what you expected in a bad way. Especially since Mephala got her very own unique model and Clavicus Vile, Sheogorath and Meridia look recognizable at least. If they had pulled a Peryite with her and just had us face the statue they already made, I would have no issue with this whatsoever.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    She looks frumpy and pixelated. #DaedricPrinceOfPixelation
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »
    I know ZOS has this “no model change after publish” policy, but here is the thing...

I think that's only regarding cosmetic items sold to players. So, motifs aren't getting changed unless they're actually bugging out. Costumes you've purchased aren't getting an overhaul. I suspect the same stuff doesn't apply when it comes to NPC appearances. Actually, I know they're willing to change what an NPC wears, because the Daedric Cultists on Vvardenfell were wearing Ebony motif at launch, but now wear Worm Cult.

So, asking for Nocturnal to get unique visuals isn't an impossible sell. It simply seems unlikely.

And, yeah, I think her model suffers when she gets blown up like that.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I gotta say i think most of the budget went to Mephala and nothing on Nocturnal.. Or maybe the devs underestimated the player love for Nocturnal.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Especially since her daedra look better than she does. Any one of those shrikes could claim to be Nocturnal and I'd be more inclined to believe them than the current Nocturnal.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I just RP this as Nocturnal maintain her mystery from mortal eyes, but sure have something that's make her differ from her shrike daedric servants will be nice touch.
    In culmination of Clock Work City we see true her, as crawling darkness.
    Oh well we so many crow related memento and VFX whya not add some of them to Nocturnal?
    Edited by Konstant_Tel_Necris on October 16, 2018 3:43AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They also need to explain why she's bald.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m ignoring all the posters who insist she must have pale skin to be a “better” representation.

My problem is that she isn’t UNIQUE.
    A unique character model.
    How many other characters are using the Velidreth model?
    How many other characters are using the Thorvokun model?
    How many other characters are using the Hircine model?

Unique. One of a kind. How is that hard to grasp for the dissenters in this thread?
    Edited by max_only on October 16, 2018 5:26AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    I’m ignoring all the posters who insist she must have pale skin to be a “better” representation.

My problem is that she isn’t UNIQUE.
    A unique character model.
    How many other characters are using the Velidreth model?
    How many other characters are using the Thorvokun model?
    How many other characters are using the Hircine model?

Unique. One of a kind. How is that hard to grasp for the dissenters in this thread?

Like most of us don't care that she is a redguard, thing is that she looks like something out of the random character generator. I can make a more attractive redguard than her easily. Daedric eye color, daedric tatoos, and hair under the hood would work wonders
  • lzzy
    lzzy
    ✭✭✭
    I get the feeling part of the reason they took so long to release the Nocturnal costume after it was datamined was because they were intending to only use it for Nocturnal herself. Profit gained from the costume's demand in this case outweighed Nocturnal being unique. It'd also explain why the costume dyed so poorly, and was fairly glitchy.

The other explanation is just lack of care on all counts, or underestimating player expectation on all counts.
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I generally agree that Nocturnal model could use a rework: changing the dress would be a bad idea, as it's been released in the crown store and so changing it would mean that the one people bought is no longer the original, but I can see the merit in giving her exclusive facial and body markings, makeup and eyes colour to make her unique (I don't know if there's anything lorewise about her skin, but maybe instead of pale as a shrike she could be black as a starless night).

That said, I doubt they'll put any effort in that, unless she gets a role in some future content and then she could either be updated for Summerset or more likely have two different avatars.
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
This discussion has been closed.